IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

RR Racing Stage II ISF E85 kit makes 652whp! Thats around 770hp

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-19, 06:41 AM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts
Default RR Racing Stage II ISF E85 kit makes 652whp! Thats around 770hp

Spoke to simon he told me they feel that's about as much as stock transmissions can take going any futher would require rebuilding trans which would be extremely expensive.

Last edited by Weapon F; 01-02-19 at 06:52 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Weapon F:
MLRSTJ (01-10-19), topguy573 (01-02-19)
Old 01-02-19, 06:46 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Well that's not bad considering the numbers they pulled out of it...........at least there is no more guess work on the capacity of the stock tranny. I'm assuming rebuilding this transmission would be expensive to boot!!
Old 01-02-19, 06:53 AM
fstpassat
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Very nice!
Old 01-02-19, 06:54 AM
Jwconeil

Received 968 Likes on 628 Posts

Is that the engines limit as well? I wonder how long the engine / trans will last at this level.
Old 01-02-19, 07:09 AM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Well that's not bad considering the numbers they pulled out of it...........at least there is no more guess work on the capacity of the stock tranny. I'm assuming rebuilding this transmission would be expensive to boot!!
Yes sir now we now know I always wonder what or stock trans would hold. On pump gas 582 which is not bad at all. E70 tune puts it damn near 800hp and 652 whp to give some perspective how much that is compared to some other cars McLaren 720's are putting down anywhere between 680whp and 690whp depending on dynos, Hellcats around 670whp, Demon on normal mode 707hp, new ZR1 654whp. Well done RR Racing.
The following users liked this post:
MileHIFcar (01-02-19)
Old 01-02-19, 07:21 AM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
Is that the engines limit as well? I wonder how long the engine / trans will last at this level.
IMO I think they could squeeze some more out of engine it all depends on how much money a person would be willingly to spend? If you want to have a completely built motor I'm pretty sure they could do it. But its trans that now becomes the Achilles heel and how much would that cost to get built$$$$$
Old 01-02-19, 10:48 AM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Awesome. I still got a brand new tranny in a crate in my garage. Ive tracked the hell out of the car and only flushed the fluid as far as maintenance. Better hold on to my tranny may be hot commodity in future,
Old 01-02-19, 03:26 PM
Jwconeil

Originally Posted by Weapon F
IMO I think they could squeeze some more out of engine it all depends on how much money a person would be willingly to spend? If you want to have a completely built motor I'm pretty sure they could do it. But its trans that now becomes the Achilles heel and how much would that cost to get built$$$$$
I want to learn more about their big supercharger kit in the works. We know an engine build is 10+ K. Lord knows what a tranny build is, and a larger supercharger kit will cost more than the current one. It would cost serious money to make more than the 652 they currently are.
Old 01-02-19, 06:03 PM
Weapon F

I want to learn more about their big supercharger kit in the works. We know an engine build is 10+ K. Lord knows what a tranny build is, and a larger supercharger kit will cost more than the current one. It would cost serious money to make more than the 652 they currently are.
Simon confirmed to me there is know bigger kit being released. That's it for now stage II E85 kit for ISF. A Stage II E85 kit installed by RRRACING roughly 15k for around 770hp and 652whp that 2019 ZR1 whp #'s. Do a little weight reduction light weight seats, rims, 2 piece rotors, loose spare tire and and jack. That's all you need. You want to break 800hp your looking at big $$$$ to double hp# That goes for any car.

Why spend time and money developing more hp/tq when transmission can't hold much more power. Not until transmission issue has been resolved would it be worth spending time and money on more hp.
Old 01-02-19, 06:42 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

We are working on making more power, only because we want to continue to push the platform forward. That said, if you ask me, I think the current levels of E85 tunes that push between 620-650whp are really the sweet spot in terms of reliability and use of the car. With our current levels of SC tunes, the car is reduculously fast at the track, stupid fast on the street, and an absolute blast to drive.

Rafi
The following 7 users liked this post by RRRacing:
breed (08-11-19), Defratos (01-03-19), ImportISF (01-03-19), ISF5L (01-02-19), MileHIFcar (01-03-19), MpKSonic (01-04-19), topguy573 (01-04-19) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-02-19, 07:45 PM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing

We are working on making more power, only because we want to continue to push the platform forward. That said, if you ask me, I think the current levels of E85 tunes that push between 620-650whp are really the sweet spot in terms of reliability and use of the car. With our current levels of SC tunes, the car is reduculously fast at the track, stupid fast on the street, and an absolute blast to drive.

Rafi
Would love to get a setup like this for street use on my ISF. Out of curiosity, has anyone from Australia purchased this kit? Ive seen it reach other parts of the world but havent come across any from AU from the various forums etc
Old 01-03-19, 12:07 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by ISF5L
Would love to get a setup like this for street use on my ISF. Out of curiosity, has anyone from Australia purchased this kit? Ive seen it reach other parts of the world but havent come across any from AU from the various forums etc
We have sold a bunch of tunes and bolt on packages to customers in Australia, but no SCs yet. Please email us for a quote!

Rafi
The following 2 users liked this post by RRRacing:
ISF5L (01-03-19), KPCresta (08-09-19)
Old 01-03-19, 11:38 AM
Jwconeil

Rafi
So you think 620-650 whp will be reliable long term? Is that over spinning the blower?

I’d be happy with a 600 whp tune that will last. I’d rather be conservative if it’ll make things safer. After I have a garage to work within the next year, I may contact you about a custom full E85 setup with a more conservative tune. I don’t like mixing fuel.
Old 01-03-19, 02:25 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

So you think 620-650 whp will be reliable long term? Is that over spinning the blower?

I’d be happy with a 600 whp tune that will last. I’d rather be conservative if it’ll make things safer. After I have a garage to work within the next year, I may contact you about a custom full E85 setup with a more conservative tune. I don’t like mixing fuel.
600whp on E85 is no problem without overspinning blower. Key to reliability is reducing chance of detonation, so in that sense reliability is probably better with e85@600whp than pump gas @ 530whp.

Rafi
Old 01-04-19, 05:38 AM
Weapon F

Rafi
Rafi, first great job on Continuing to develop ISF. Even thought its Granddaddy of F's 11 yrs old now. With your upgrades you have made ISF fastest car currently in Lexus line thats including the incredible LFA. My question to you is how much power can you safely get out of the ISF? I definitely believe there's more power that can be made with 2UR- GSE motor given the right modifications but now that you are reaching the limitations how's much power transmission can hold are there plans for upgrading the existing transmission or perhaps use transmission swap if thats even possible?

Quick Reply: RR Racing Stage II ISF E85 kit makes 652whp! Thats around 770hp