IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF finally eligible for sticky dash panel replacement as of Oct 1, 2018

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-18, 04:49 AM
TCM55
Intermediate

Received 67 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Joepeer
Anyone have the newest TSB number? The TSB Lobuxracer posted was issued August 2015.
+1 for that. I want to see what it may say about people in my situation before I talk to Lexus - That is people who have terrible timing and purchased new door panels and dash right just weeks before this was announced -_-.
Old 10-04-18, 08:09 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,079 Likes on 2,472 Posts

Originally Posted by Joepeer
Anyone have the newest TSB number? The TSB Lobuxracer posted was issued August 2015.
There isn't a new number.
Originally Posted by TCM55
+1 for that. I want to see what it may say about people in my situation before I talk to Lexus - That is people who have terrible timing and purchased new door panels and dash right just weeks before this was announced -_-.
There isn't a new number. This is what changed:

Old 10-04-18, 08:15 AM
tronim
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

+1 This is awesome news...is there an end date to this campaign? I'm gonna try to hold out a bit longer towards the end because as awesome Lexus service at the dealership has been, I've seen little issues with paneling out of place or rattling after every recall I've participated in so far
Old 10-04-18, 10:13 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Aight, so here is the lowdown!

Went into Lexus today to drop my car off for service. Talked to my SA about the dash and door panels. She was aware of it and would inspect.

I don't know if it will be like this at every dealership, but my SA did say that we HAVE to ask to have our panels and dash inspected unless you take in the letter. They won't just inspect those items on their own.

I showed her exactly where my panels were sticky and damaged. And she was like ok. We will get them on order.

They took picks of the car and sent up the report. Those have to be reviewed prior to them releasing the parts i guess for priority placement. Parts are on order and they are replacing everything! Hopefully they come in quickly!

They also told me that they have to do everything at once. Again, not sure if it will be like that at every dealership. They had the dash in stock and even put my name on it. So I'll have to wait for the panels to come in.

So there you have it. Once my parts come in, I will report back.

Old 10-04-18, 10:35 AM
eroids
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! I just took my car to Parkplace Grapevine in Texas and they did an "inspection" on the car for an hour while i waited. I was thinking theres no need for an hour inspection LOOK AT IT, its so nasty lol! Good news is that they are replacing my door panels and dashboard. finally happy that they are covering the ISF now. I had a is350 before and they replaced my dashboard and panels too as well.

These are how bad my door panels are FML

Last edited by eroids; 10-04-18 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-04-18, 11:51 AM
vkisf
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyone with a 2013 or 2014 with this issue? I have a 2014, although they look fine now but i guess it will have the same problem. My car has very little mileage. I have noticed the panels got a little chalky. Anyone got lucky and got their panel and dash replaced ahead of time?
Old 10-04-18, 04:33 PM
neweyslex
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I’ve contacted corporate and got a confirmation that my car is included in the campaign. I’m taking the car to get it inspected at the dealership tomorrow. I guess this is part of the approval process.
Old 10-04-18, 04:36 PM
Patton6964
Advanced

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

I just drove into my local dealership today. They are replacing the dash and driver side door panel. Couldn't get them to do any of the other doors. They said they looked okay but if they start to get sticky while the campaign is still going on they would fix it. They also said it would probably be a year wait for the new dash and door panel. Seemed slightly ridiculous considering I was the first F at that location to sign up for this. I also didn't need TSB number.
Old 10-05-18, 02:51 PM
stvincent
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

That's great! Mine is not as bad as the one posted above, but I have been wondering about this.
Old 10-05-18, 05:30 PM
DekNgo
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Lots of inconsistencies in the dealers' responses...
Old 10-05-18, 09:10 PM
TURBO5DAVE
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just took mine in and they approved the door panels but not the dash yet. Said to bring it back next summer when Its tacky.
Old 10-05-18, 11:00 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 193 Likes on 125 Posts

So, are the new panels re-designed. Any significant difference?
Old 10-06-18, 07:30 AM
neweyslex
Driver

Originally Posted by Lmood
Aight, so here is the lowdown!

Went into Lexus today to drop my car off for service. Talked to my SA about the dash and door panels. She was aware of it and would inspect.

I don't know if it will be like this at every dealership, but my SA did say that we HAVE to ask to have our panels and dash inspected unless you take in the letter. They won't just inspect those items on their own.

I showed her exactly where my panels were sticky and damaged. And she was like ok. We will get them on order.

They took picks of the car and sent up the report. Those have to be reviewed prior to them releasing the parts i guess for priority placement. Parts are on order and they are replacing everything! Hopefully they come in quickly!

They also told me that they have to do everything at once. Again, not sure if it will be like that at every dealership. They had the dash in stock and even put my name on it. So I'll have to wait for the panels to come in.

So there you have it. Once my parts come in, I will report back.
How long after they sent up the pictures and the report before they approve the fix?
Thanks.
Old 10-06-18, 08:00 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by neweyslex

How long after they sent up the pictures and the report before they approve the fix?
Thanks.
I honestly don't know why they took pictures. But i believe that the decision is up to whoever does the inspection. Like I said. They are replacing all of my panels and dash. I can only assume that pictures are for priority placement or to prove that the condition exists as the inspector said it does.
Old 10-06-18, 11:06 AM
neweyslex
Driver

Originally Posted by Lmood
I honestly don't know why they took pictures. But i believe that the decision is up to whoever does the inspection. Like I said. They are replacing all of my panels and dash. I can only assume that pictures are for priority placement or to prove that the condition exists as the inspector said it does.
I was told by my SA that he is forwarding all the pictures to the service manager. At this point, I have no idea who is the one who approves this repair. 😕

Quick Reply: ISF finally eligible for sticky dash panel replacement as of Oct 1, 2018