IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

All F highway battle ISF, RCF & GSF

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-18, 09:45 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,799 Posts

Originally Posted by semnosNSX
Who was the FBO ISF racing? The ISF appeared to do very well...
Originally Posted by Weapon F
I believe the ISF was running RCF if it's same camera car from the beginning of video that was recording. That RCF had headers and exhaust. But not 100% sure if it's same RCF from beginning of video. Will ask original poster of the video that question on Youtube

The I/H/E + RR Tune ISF was racing Ray's RCF (with a header back exhaust). Ray's RCF was the camera car for all races. There as a second white RCF with the header and exhaust. Another RCF had an exhaust only as well.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 04-26-18 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-27-18, 12:23 AM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS

The I/H/E + RR Tune ISF was racing Ray's RCF (with a header back exhaust). Ray's RCF was the camera car for all races. There as a second white RCF with the header and exhaust. Another RCF had an exhaust only as well.
Wow! I have I/H/E + RR Tune on my ISF and have run a few RCF's with header back exhausts. My outcome was much different.... 1-2 car lengths different... with me ahead.
Old 04-27-18, 09:37 AM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

Wow! I have I/H/E + RR Tune on my ISF and have run a few RCF's with header back exhausts. My outcome was much different.... 1-2 car lengths different... with me ahead.
There's a lot more to Roll Racing then people realize. So much depends on the gear, rpm and speed you are going when you start your race, also having traction control shut off. What gear should you start depending on the speed between 2nd and 4th gear over 4000 rpm. So an example 2nd gear 4000rpm or 3rd gear 4500 rpm. The ISF had aftermarket rims what size are they 19s or 20s? If their 20s he's just affectedly change the gearing made them taller which in turn slows the car down not to mention the additional rotating Mass.

if the RCF is in the right gear at the right RPMs and the right speed he's in his sweet spot and with the cars being so close in power and Transmissions the 4 big factors will be weight differences and like I stated before gear,RPM and speed.

I also feel a faster or higher speed in a roll race would most likely benefit the RCF more due to the additional weight having that additional mass up to speed will save him time and energy or power. Typical start speeds 30 50 or 60 miles per hour. Remember these two cars are very close especially when they are modded.

One more thing for the ISF since he had the RR Racing tune did he increase his shift point from 6800 to 7200 or even 7400. Believe me the difference between 6800 and 7200 is huge, that's additional 400 RPMs helps keeps you pretty damn close to that 6800 RPMs between shifts when they typically drop off momentarily between shifts.

That was my favorite race from that video they both stayed on gas, they were pretty damn even up to about that 150 would have loved to have seen them both keep it to the 170 mark to see if the RCF would pull on the ISF as it got closer to 170mph or vice a versa. Great run by both drivers and both cars.

Last edited by Weapon F; 04-27-18 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-27-18, 12:09 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

There's a lot more to Roll Racing then people realize. So much depends on the gear, rpm and speed you are going when you start your race, also having traction control shut off. What gear should you start depending on the speed between 2nd and 4th gear over 4000 rpm. So an example 2nd gear 4000rpm or 3rd gear 4500 rpm. The ISF had aftermarket rims what size are they 19s or 20s? If their 20s he's just affectedly change the gearing made them taller which in turn slows the car down not to mention the additional rotating Mass.

if the RCF is in the right gear at the right RPMs and the right speed he's in his sweet spot and with the cars being so close in power and Transmissions the 4 big factors will be weight differences and like I stated before gear,RPM and speed.

I also feel a faster or higher speed in a roll race would most likely benefit the RCF more due to the additional weight having that additional mass up to speed will save him time and energy or power. Typical start speeds 30 50 or 60 miles per hour. Remember these two cars are very close especially when they are modded.

One more thing for the ISF since he had the RR Racing tune did he increase his shift point from 6800 to 7200 or even 7400. Believe me the difference between 6800 and 7200 is huge, that's additional 400 RPMs helps keeps you pretty damn close to that 6800 RPMs between shifts when they typically drop off momentarily between shifts.

That was my favorite race from that video they both stayed in it they were pretty damn even up to about that 150 would have loved to have seen them both keep it to the 170 mark to see if the RCF would pull on the ISF as it got closer to 170mph or vice a versa. Great run by both drivers and both cars.
All very good points...
Old 04-27-18, 12:56 PM
MpKSonic
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Best part of the video:

All F highway battle ISF, RCF & GSF-e5zbvccl.jpg
Old 04-27-18, 02:21 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Shared on F THE TRACK with 15000 members
Old 04-28-18, 04:17 PM
SeanO
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

That GSF is something else.. nice even run around 2:20.. just pedal down exhausts blaring lol awesome
Old 05-02-18, 01:33 PM
yooniverse
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitveet
You sure this was in Mexico?!?! Looking at the maps, I'm not quite so sure about that....🤔😎
147mph also is what I see there...keep that pedal to the metal and I promise you'll see 170+ lol (if and when it's safe/clear.
Good runs👍
Yes it was in Mexico. That screen is frozen.
Old 05-02-18, 01:41 PM
yooniverse
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Roll racing is a little more driver skill involved than your typical "line up at the starting line and gun it to the floor" racing.
Old 05-04-18, 11:30 AM
glerink
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by yooniverse
Roll racing is a little more driver skill involved than your typical "line up at the starting line and gun it to the floor" racing.

​​​​​​Idk man I'm my experience it takes a lot more skill and there is a higher level of difficulty to properly launch a car from a dig/stop than to floor a car from a rolling start.
Old 05-04-18, 12:29 PM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by glerink
​​​​​​Idk man I'm my experience it takes a lot more skill and there is a higher level of difficulty to properly launch a car from a dig/stop than to floor a car from a rolling start.
In manual car I definitely agree with you but with today's new cars that come with launch control, the Mustang and Dodge Demon come from the factory with line locks everything is being done for you you're literally just holding the steering wheel and mashing the gas. With our cars since they lack launch control and are automatics with paddle all you do is put it in manual mode turn off the nannies, watch your RPMs in first gear that you're not too high so you don't spin coming out the hole and shift at redline or just hair after people have different methods. For the ISF racing from a dig having right tires are probably one of the most important things to have.Dr
Old 05-04-18, 02:36 PM
glerink
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

In manual car I definitely agree with you but with today's new cars that come with launch control, the Mustang and Dodge Demon come from the factory with line locks everything is being done for you you're literally just holding the steering wheel and mashing the gas. With our cars since they lack launch control and are automatics with paddle all you do is put it in manual mode turn off the nannies, watch your RPMs in first gear that you're not too high so you don't spin coming out the hole and shift at redline or just hair after people have different methods. For the ISF racing from a dig having right tires are probably one of the most important things to have.Dr

I agree with you completely with cars that have sophisticated launch controls, but I was speaking I guess on cars that don't specifically talking about our ISF I guess. I also agree that they’re a lot factors that can determine a roll race like you mentioned in your previous post but at the end of day as far as what the Driver has to do on 40 roll for example is choose what gear he wants to be in and floor it and shift at redline which typically involves only 2 options in terms of what gear, and typically also the gear is obvious. That's why you do see an amateur driver smoke an experience driver if they have the advantage say more HP in a roll. But in a quarter mile setting/digs you see cars with half the power smoke a car with double the power because they don’t know how to launch the car vs an experience driver.

But I guess it depends what car you're driving

Last edited by glerink; 05-04-18 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-04-18, 05:31 PM
jlam86
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

what a beautiful symphony lol
Old 01-05-19, 09:33 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

Bump...........................

Some good racing fun in Mexico

For some of you that haven't seen this video yet.....reminds me of my mexico runs here we do every weekend!
Old 01-08-19, 12:44 PM
WhatThaF
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Something in my pants just moved, and it wasn't my wallet.

Quick Reply: All F highway battle ISF, RCF & GSF