IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Tips on how to part ways with my rare 2012 beauty

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-18, 08:43 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Just noticed something! Your 2012 has the "Lexus" emblem on the rear....no other '12+ ISF had that. How is this?! You custom order it this way or add it on after the fact?!
Congrats on the price... you'll probably get it. Def priced Right imo.

V.
Old 09-03-18, 09:43 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Originally Posted by caco666
When the cars arrive at Long Beach from Japan they don't have any badges or holes on the license plates.
But they do have small recesses (****) where the holes are supposed to be drilled. I live in Arizona where front plates are not required. My bumper had those ****. I've replaced my front bumper, debris, then put on a clear bra. On my bumper, those **** are filled.

Lou
Old 09-03-18, 10:03 PM
caco666
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Just noticed something! Your 2012 has the "Lexus" emblem on the rear....no other '12+ ISF had that. How is this?! You custom order it this way or add it on after the fact?!
Congrats on the price... you'll probably get it. Def priced Right imo.

V.
When it arrived at the dealer they asked whether I wanted it applied or not. I said yes. I figured I could take it off later if I wanted to.
Old 09-04-18, 07:12 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Beauty is an understatement. Phenomenal car and cheers to a speedy sale!
Old 09-05-18, 03:58 AM
Jwconeil

Received 968 Likes on 628 Posts

I wanted a no sunroof model. I hate sunroofs and would rather save the 80 pounds in weight.

that being said, it’s probably worth no more. I didn’t see your mileage, but 42-47 is probably very optimistic. Price it in line with all the other 12s. In the end, it’s a rare car, but so are all 12s. Yours is incrementally rarer, and only in a way that hurts your resale value to most buyers. I have only ever seen one other member look for a non sunroof model. Idk about him, but I’d pay no more than an extra grand for that option, and it was important to me.

i bought a mint 13 for 39 (with a sunroof)... and my car is indeed rarer than yours just because so many less were made.

14s are the rarest, and I still don’t see them commanding 47 (maybe they do, but I have never seen it).
Old 09-05-18, 11:31 AM
caco666
Rookie

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
I wanted a no sunroof model. I hate sunroofs and would rather save the 80 pounds in weight.

that being said, it’s probably worth no more. I didn’t see your mileage, but 42-47 is probably very optimistic. Price it in line with all the other 12s. In the end, it’s a rare car, but so are all 12s. Yours is incrementally rarer, and only in a way that hurts your resale value to most buyers. I have only ever seen one other member look for a non sunroof model. Idk about him, but I’d pay no more than an extra grand for that option, and it was important to me.

i bought a mint 13 for 39 (with a sunroof)... and my car is indeed rarer than yours just because so many less were made.

14s are the rarest, and I still don’t see them commanding 47 (maybe they do, but I have never seen it).
Sorry bud, but you are wrong. Mileage is under 33K, and indeed it is going for somewhere between 42 - 47 this week

I honestly doubt that any other '12 ISF exists in this configuration, much less in mint condition, available for sale and with such low mileage. Find it and prove me wrong, you won't. This vehicle is rarer than yours and thus more valuable. Show me a '13 Blue ISF with white interior, blue exterior, no sunroof, mint condition and under 33K miles that is on sale. You can't because it doesn't exist. Yours is probably a white or black one, get in line buddy, tons of those that got thrashed off the lot, curb rash, etc.

Don't know why all the haters. Seriously, you guys are basing this on your own personal experience which is limited. The demand on this car is above average, and I have multiple offers at $40k which I'm not even entertaining. This vehicle is worth way more, and the upcoming sale confirms this. Don't hate, my brothers, the ISF retains its value and this is proof of it. Rejoice that we didn't make the mistake of getting a C63 which has such a terrible re-sale value.
Old 09-05-18, 11:40 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,293 Posts

^^^^Somebody who disagrees with you is a hater Take your money and good luck to you

Lou
Old 09-05-18, 12:01 PM
Jwconeil

You started a thread asking for opinions. You get opinions. You call people names based on opinions. Interesting social skills.

everybody on this section of the forums watches the market of these cars. My car actually had less mileage, and lower build numbers than a blue 2012. It’s a grey 13. There are 4 times as many 12s as there are 13s. It was also a one owner, garage kept, only professionally waxed, dealer maintained with all service records, mint condition car. Again, I bought it for 39, not 42-47.

Good luck with sale.
The following users liked this post:
vertex16 (09-05-18)
Old 09-05-18, 05:28 PM
Vitveet
Racer

You started a thread asking for opinions. You get opinions. You call people names based on opinions. Interesting social skills.

everybody on this section of the forums watches the market of these cars. My car actually had less mileage, and lower build numbers than a blue 2012. It’s a grey 13. There are 4 times as many 12s as there are 13s. It was also a one owner, garage kept, only professionally waxed, dealer maintained with all service records, mint condition car. Again, I bought it for 39, not 42-47.

Good luck with sale.
How many miles on that car?

V.
Old 09-05-18, 07:14 PM
Jwconeil

My car had 28k. I bought it from a former member. Real nice guy. He was more OCD than me, which I appreciate in a car owner. Arguably, my car was worth less since it was modded. It came with all OEM parts, and only had expensive mods. I loved the mods, so it was a perk for me.
Old 09-05-18, 07:54 PM
Vitveet
Racer

My car had 28k. I bought it from a former member. Real nice guy. He was more OCD than me, which I appreciate in a car owner. Arguably, my car was worth less since it was modded. It came with all OEM parts, and only had expensive mods. I loved the mods, so it was a perk for me.
He could have, and should have, sold it for more. Just because 1 person sells something for a "good deal" doesn't make all others drop in value😉

V.
Old 09-05-18, 09:24 PM
caco666
Rookie

Apologies for the name-calling, it wasn't really called for on my part and I should know better.

I was mainly reacting to the number of buyers that have contacted me with all manner of stats and rationale as to why I should sell them my ISF for $36k - $38k. I had several, not one, not two, several people contact me and tell about how they own multiple ISF's and how they own one that is better/rarer than mine and they paid less than what I'm selling it for. To which I say, good for you on getting an amazing deal, and I mean this. Heck, if I found my car for $36k I would pick it up. The fact of the matter is, at the price point I am putting out there, I got plenty of interested and serious buyers. The highest bid has won, this car is going to someone that understands and values this car at a higher price point and is willing to pay a premium because there is zero supply available with this exact configuration. It's simple supply and demand.

To sum it up, value is highly subjective.
Old 09-06-18, 06:13 AM
Jwconeil

Oddly, the one I bought sat for sale for months. I think like 4-5 months. Value is definately subjective.

We wish you well in your endeavors. I’d cry if someone drove my car away.
Old 09-06-18, 08:19 AM
vertex16
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Oddly, the one I bought sat for sale for months. I think like 4-5 months. Value is definately subjective.

We wish you well in your endeavors. I’d cry if someone drove my car away.
Interestingly enough, when I was looking to buy in March/April, I found one that had sat for over 6 months and mine, which I bought the same day it was listed. The one that sat was an '11 with 70K miles and the one I bought is a '10 with 63K (At the time). Both were one owner, no accident cars. Although the '11 had very suspicious condensation in the driver headlight.
Old 09-06-18, 01:24 PM
stlgrym3
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

So mad at myself now for an impulse buy back in this February on a BRZ and then dumped almost $10k into modding. For that money I could have bought this beauty.

Quick Reply: Tips on how to part ways with my rare 2012 beauty