IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Best price on OEM pads & rotors

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-18, 06:20 AM
Heather558
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best price on OEM pads & rotors

Hi Guys. My car is at 77k miles and I still have the original rotors on. I’m in desperate need of front pads so I’m looking to just replace everything (rotors and pads/front and rear) all at once. Can anyone tell me where they find the best deals online? I’m finding lots to buy but I’m a little confused wondering if I’m really buying OEM since the prices are all over the place.
(I prefer OEM but was reading on here that Brembo only makes the caliper, not the pad or rotor… but what I’m looking to buy shows Brembo so I don’t know if that means it’s OEM or close to it (?))

eBay shows the best deal on 4 rotors - $380.28 total. Below is the link.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-IS-F-08-14-Two-Front-Two-Rear-Disc-Brake-Rotors-Brembo-OEM/351736385921?epid=1770194740&hash=item51e51f5181:g:l9kAAOSwNwZamkc-&vxp=mtr

I also found rotors & pads at AutoZone but the front pads are out of stock… I’m a little confused with Autozone though. It states “pads” so I’m thinking it’s a set. But the rotors look to be sold individually so I’m looking at Qty 2 each. If I buy F & R rotors and rear pads I’m at 460.95 before tax.I’m still trying to find OEM front pads….

Can someone tell me if two links below are the same pads? I appreciate the help.

$199
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-IS-F-ISF-2008-2014-OEM-Genuine-FRONT-BRAKE-PADS-PAD-SET-04465-0W120/112738837826?hash=item1a3fc22542:g:4WEAAOSwyrlZzs59&vxp=mtr

$300 (This is what I bought a couple years ago)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-IS-F-ISF-2008-2014-OEM-Genuine-FRONT-BRAKE-PADS-PAD-SET-04465-0W120/111623858859?hash=item19fd4ceaab:g:aMUAAOSwqu9VEZbE&vxp=mtr

Thank you!!!

Last edited by Heather558; 03-05-18 at 06:23 AM. Reason: spacing is off
Old 03-05-18, 11:18 AM
drifto
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

These links should help you.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-rotors-2.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...uction-32.html

Happy reading!
Old 03-05-18, 03:51 PM
Burch_RCF
Driver

Received 65 Likes on 38 Posts

I recently picked up a set of Brembo rotors from this distributor on eBay and I was very happy with them and the speed of delivery.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-IS-F-08....c100890.m2460

The following users liked this post:
Heather558 (03-06-18)
Old 03-06-18, 12:15 AM
HyunR
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you feel any difference?
Old 03-06-18, 06:03 AM
Heather558
Driver

hwcustoms !! Thanks so much for the detailed response and pics. I just bought the rotors you recommended. I'm looking for pads next.
Old 03-06-18, 06:47 AM
3nergiz3d
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Heather558
hwcustoms !! Thanks so much for the detailed response and pics. I just bought the rotors you recommended. I'm looking for pads next.
I would contact SpeedFreaks USA on here, if you want some low dust pads or whatever selection you might be looking for.
Old 03-06-18, 08:29 AM
Burch_RCF
Driver

Received 65 Likes on 38 Posts

You are very welcome . I just bought OEM style pads and picked up new shims for the front and back from the dealership. Lots of better pad options out there, I just needed a set to get the job done over a free weekend.
Old 03-06-18, 09:02 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 262 Likes on 159 Posts

Am in the same boat. Wanted to buy from AutoZone, but the 20% coupon is not up anymore. Advance auto is sold out of the rears. Will consider the ebay ones, though auto zone warranty would have been nice. Now to find pads that don't dust or squeal nor cost an arm and a leg
Old 03-06-18, 10:06 AM
Heather558
Driver

Thanks everyone... I'm still looking at pads. I'm so torn - do I buy off brand or stick to whatever is (or close to) OEM.... The OEM ones on ebay are showing 372.98 shipped. And Textar is showing almost $150.. Quite the difference.. I plan to have these on for years so I wonder if I should just stick to OEM since I know they last...

Old 03-06-18, 10:17 AM
lawrence1
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Lately, there are a TON of counterfeit Toyota parts on ebay so i would stop buying OE car parts from there unless the seller is reputable (i.e. actual Toyota or Lexus dealer). You can get burned even by sellers with good feedback, since many people don't realize they got screwed until months down the road.

Those prices are too low for OE parts. Make sure they are sold by a Lexus dealer or there is a good chance they're counterfeit. The pads sell for close to $500 with a discount from Lexus. You can get them for about $450 plus shipping from mylparts (Lexus dealer) with the CL5 discount code (10% off).

see link https://www.mylparts.com/auto-parts/...ine/brakes-cat

Also, textar and stoptech (see tirerack.com) make good brake pads, and may even be the supplier to Toyota so i wouldn't hesitate to go with either one. good luck.
Old 03-06-18, 10:25 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,949 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Thanks everyone... I'm still looking at pads. I'm so torn - do I buy off brand or stick to whatever is (or close to) OEM.... The OEM ones on ebay are showing 372.98 shipped. And Textar is showing almost $150.. Quite the difference.. I plan to have these on for years so I wonder if I should just stick to OEM since I know they last...
Both Jurid and Textar supply OEM pads for the ISF.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...to-brembo.html

I agree with lawrence1 - AMHIK

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 03-06-18 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03-06-18, 11:22 AM
Heather558
Driver

Originally Posted by lawrence1
Lately, there are a TON of counterfeit Toyota parts on ebay so i would stop buying OE car parts from there unless the seller is reputable (i.e. actual Toyota or Lexus dealer). You can get burned even by sellers with good feedback, since many people don't realize they got screwed until months down the road.

Those prices are too low for OE parts. Make sure they are sold by a Lexus dealer or there is a good chance they're counterfeit. The pads sell for close to $500 with a discount from Lexus. You can get them for about $450 plus shipping from mylparts (Lexus dealer) with the CL5 discount code (10% off).

see link https://www.mylparts.com/auto-parts/...ine/brakes-cat

Also, textar and stoptech (see tirerack.com) make good brake pads, and may even be the supplier to Toyota so i wouldn't hesitate to go with either one. good luck.
I'm glad you brought up fakes because this is a concern of mine. I just checked my last ebay order from April of 2015 and I bought front and rear OEM pads from a Lexus dealer and paid $500.

The only reason I got to thinking the OEM pads on ebay at 372.98 might be legit is because they appear to be the same ones Autozone sells (Autozone is sold out right now). I doubt autozone would sell fakes. Ebay of course could but like I said, the OEM ebay ones I found (orange ones) look just like the autozone ones and are around the same price. See below. Autozone is at 377.96 before tax. Ebay is at 372.98. Could these be the same, and be legit? Idk....

Old 03-06-18, 11:27 AM
Heather558
Driver

Here's what I'm looking at/comparing when I say the ones on ebay look similar to what Autozone sells... They could be legit.
Old 03-06-18, 12:09 PM
lawrence1
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

well those are not OE (i.e. Toyota parts) parts. Those Brembos are OEM. There is a difference between OE and OEM. OE is what you buy from the dealer in a Toyota/Lexus box vs. OEM which is not in a Toyota/Lexus box. For OE, you will be paying around $500, with a discount for the set of pads (F&R). OEM may be cheaper although it's misleading that the ebay seller labels them "OE" when they are most definitely not at that price.

OE = Original Equipment - exactly what is used on the assembly lines when your car was made. Parts were made by the exact same manufacturer, to Toyota's specifications, and are usually stamped or packaged with the Toyota logo visible. These parts must also meet all the Toyota quality control specs for that part, same as any part that's accepted into the production process. This is what you buy from the dealer.

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer - parts are made by a manufacturer that supplies original parts to Toyota. These parts do not have to pass the Toyota quality control tests for that part, and are not packaged and sold with the Toyota logo. Quality of these parts can vary greatly - they can range between the exact same part as the one that's put on the car on the production line (but minus the Toyota logo...), to something that wasn't good enough to pass quality control, so the manufacturer just sells them as OEM. Another issue - the part may be made by a manufacturer that supplies parts to Toyota, but that part may not be a part that particular manufacturer supplies.

That said, there are a lot of apparently "OE" parts sold on ebay at unblievable prices, in large quanities by non Lexus/Toyota dealers. These parts are in many cases counterfeit - i.e. see the spark plug issues people on this forum have had. I can also think of chinese counterfeit clocksprings that were sold in Toyota boxes as OE. this is what i was warning you to watch out for.
The following users liked this post:
Heather558 (03-06-18)
Old 03-06-18, 12:25 PM
Heather558
Driver

lawrence1 - thanks for the explanation. I'm definitely getting "OE" and "OEM" mixed up. To be honest, I don't care if I'm getting OE or OEM - I just want quality. And since I haven't used another brand I just figured I'd stick with what I know works (OE/OEM)... I do hope the rotors I already bought are legit. hwcustoms is using them so we'll have to see if anyone has issues. I wont have them installed if something seems fishy.

I just called my local Lexus dealer and they quoted $380 for front pads and $230 for rear. So $610 (before tax I assume).

This is what I bought last time around from ebay. Fronts are $300 and rear are $199 so almost $500 total. These seem to be legit. What are your thoughts?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-IS-F-ISF-2008-2014-OEM-Genuine-FRONT-BRAKE-PADS-PAD-SET-04465-0W120/111623858859?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l9372

&

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-IS-F-...53.m1438.l9372

Quick Reply: Best price on OEM pads & rotors