IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Figs or RR Racing LCA bushing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-18, 08:22 AM
leisinjp
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm in no way saying the RR Racing USRS are bad. They do exactly what they said they would do in my opinion. I bought them to help save my tires from having great tread on the outside and showing wires on the inside. My only issue is that I live in Cincinnati and after the winter, there are pot holes and issues with the road all over. Not nearly as bad as NYC and Chicago and so on, but a lot worse than down south.

Coming from a GS350, the 2008 ISF stock suspension was a bit more stiff and harsh than I wanted. Then add into that the ISF I bought came with Swift lowering springs....The ride can be down right rough sometimes. I have a set of KW v3 coilovers sitting in the garage to install once it warms up and the salt is off the road. But I will then be replacing the RR Racing USRS with the Figs. I love the performance of the ISF but I do daily mine and some of the stretches of highway on I-75 and 275 can throw me around. If it was a weekend car that I would track, I would stay with the RR Racing. But I like something a little softer when it comes to the suspension.

So no issues here from RR Racing, just a bit too stiff for my taste. Now my buddy who drives a slammed Honda Civic SI says my car is like riding on clouds. I think it all depends on our personal preferences and likes.
Old 02-14-18, 11:32 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,482 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Back in the day I fitted my hot rod with full poly everything on every joint and it was lowered dragging its bits when irregularities arouse and at this point I'm over the squeaking jarring lube it every six months to stop the squeak BS.... It's just 'not worth it to me' but to each their own.
I have spare LCA and will fit the Figs into these as time permits.
Old 02-14-18, 09:43 PM
lexicon72
Intermediate

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by leisinjp
But I will then be replacing the RR Racing USRS with the Figs.
Let me know when you switch to Figs. I may be willing to take the USRS off your hands. Still hoping to purchase the RR Racing R&T coilovers in the Spring. See ya around town man.
Rick
Old 03-21-18, 11:16 PM
Ramfis
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Finally installed them two weeks ago and being bery, very happy with them. It's true that is one of the best mods for the car, you can really see the difference in the handling, not an increase in NVH and the roll is eliminated, almost feels like doing suspension upgrade. Also did a track day this past sunday and can see the difference, more sharp turns and better feedback at the steering wheel.
Old 03-31-18, 09:43 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Better than all of this, braking near the limit is much improved and the wander the car had before is gone. I have noticed no difference at all in NVH and I replaced all four LCA bushings on the front of my car with Figs 90 durometer bushings.

The OEM suspension isn't even close to "track ready" because the front toes out dramatically under heavy braking. This makes the car feel like it is wandering (or the F/R brake bias is really bad) and reduces front traction while you are slowing from high speeds approaching a low speed corner. It also causes accelerated inside edge wear on the front tires. If you look at the video Figs posted here, it's really obvious the OEM bushing was intended to reduce NVH and nothing more. It couldn't be further from track ready.

All that said, if you trail brake heavily, you might like the bushing from the factory. It does help turn in even if it does compromise braking.
Agreed.

Reducing the crazy wander under hard braking in or near triple digits is the attribute I liked the best. Reduced tire wear is just an added bonus.
Old 04-03-18, 07:07 AM
ToDesi
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I went with the Figs, the were able ot get them to me quickly and it's very big difference in handling and when braking, I have to see what else I can grab from them to help improve the ride even more!
Old 04-03-18, 08:05 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 342 Likes on 202 Posts

I did the Figs Motor Mounts and RR Racing Bushings

I'm extremely happy with the way everything turned out. There is a little more shaking at idle, and a little (very very little) rougher ride, but the steering response and the stability at high speeds and braking has made up for it

One of my OEM motor mounts was completely ****ed.
Old 04-03-18, 11:46 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
had both. get the Figs if you want a smooth, OEM feel. if you live around PERFECT roads, get RR racing. otherwise, RR racing made me hate the ISF in terms of added NVH.

I am sorry, but I really have to take exception to this comment. We experimented with 70-90 duroneters, and in terms of NVH, you would have to have an extremely sensitive rear end to tell the difference! You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but we have sold many hundreds of USRS, and this is the FIRST time I heard such a complaint from anyone!

I suspect that any excessive NVH that is felt with our bushings is due to improper preload adjustment, but even that is a stretch.

our bushing is actually 90 durometer... I will correct website if there is an error.

I also like to emphasize that there is a big difference in design between our USRS and the Superpro bushing, ours is not JUST a stiffer bushing. Just look at the video of the Superpro bushing under braking, and the difference is *obvious*. You will see the shaft push axially a significant amount.

Rafi

Last edited by RRRacing; 04-03-18 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-03-18, 03:00 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

^^^^I have the RRRacing LCA USRS can attest that it's one of the best mods I have made. NVH is slightly increased, but the overall improvement in handling and braking more than offsets this minor increase. However, I always assumed the polyurethane bushing measured 95 durometer as described on the website. I have posted this figure many times when folks talked about Figs vs RRRacing.

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 04-03-18 at 10:11 PM.
Old 04-06-18, 10:59 AM
Nuckz23
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So can I expect to benefit from the RR USRS on my 2014 ISF as well or have there been improvments to the car compared to the earlier models?
Old 04-06-18, 02:27 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

^^^^YES

Lou
The following users liked this post:
Nuckz23 (04-06-18)
Old 04-10-18, 10:21 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

I would say that you need to look at the bushing design, not the durometer to make your decision. Our SuperPro bushing is designed to be progressive, meaning higher resistance relative to load. It is not designed to be a zero deflection bushing, so it is doing its job perfectly. For higher loads with larger brakes and stickier tires we have a 0 deflection solution for that, the Poly version is designed to maintain comfort while delivering performance and longevity. We have thousands of these bushings in service over the past 7 years they have been offered and the feedback has been consistent.

As you can see in this image, the conical profile and relief is intentional and provides a damping function to absorb the force. This also means that the bushing will deflect as a function of the load. This is desirable for many reasons and is not a defect or a lack proper function. The Factory bushing is an undamped fluid filled unit, making it more prone to maximum excursion under most loads without increased resistance. We have had many people come back to our bushing after trying other brands. They work as advertised, always have.
Mike

Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
The following 3 users liked this post by FIGS:
Hamed1 (07-01-20), jadeboy (10-08-22), LexSense (04-12-18)
Old 04-11-18, 08:18 AM
mk416
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

I'm going with FIGS LCA bushings and RR Racing motor mounts! Hopefully I can pick up R&T coilovers or KW if I have money down the line.

@Figs, is this the right one for ISF?

http://www.shopfigs.com/v3/CAT-LEXUS...91K-90-IN-BRKT
Hamed1 (07-01-20)
Old 04-11-18, 03:38 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by mk416
I'm going with FIGS LCA bushings and RR Racing motor mounts! Hopefully I can pick up R&T coilovers or KW if I have money down the line.

@Figs, is this the right one for ISF?

http://www.shopfigs.com/v3/CAT-LEXUS...91K-90-IN-BRKT
That is correct.
We also have new stock of PolyElast motor mounts that we can bundle with bushings if interested.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
The following 2 users liked this post by FIGS:
Hamed1 (07-01-20), mk416 (04-12-18)
Old 04-11-18, 07:04 PM
TURBO5DAVE
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had the figs for a couple years have been great. Haven't had any issues and eliminated the tire wear issue I had.
Hamed1 (07-01-20)

Quick Reply: Figs or RR Racing LCA bushing?