IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Clip Part #

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-17, 10:35 AM
WillAP1
Intermediate

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Clip Part #

Does anyone know the part number for this clip? Its normally glued to the trunk liner carpet and attaches it to the top of the trunk near the outer lip. I broke one and need to replace it and have been unable to figure out the part number.

Old 12-14-17, 03:20 PM
chriso5573
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You might be better off buying a few from a willing seller with a totalled 2IS/ISF on Car-part.com. That's usually what I do to find strange parts like that. Good luck!
Old 12-14-17, 03:35 PM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

I might help if you have a picture of where it goes, like what is was attached to.
Old 12-14-17, 05:23 PM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Most of those salvage yards won't even know what that part is and they are too lazy to get off their seat and look.
Old 12-14-17, 05:30 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickna
I might help if you have a picture of where it goes, like what is was attached to.
This is used to hold your trunk liner to the roof of your trunk. It is glued on the liner itself and clips to opening under your trunk seal.
Old 12-15-17, 05:55 AM
WillAP1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by chriso5573
You might be better off buying a few from a willing seller with a totalled 2IS/ISF on Car-part.com. That's usually what I do to find strange parts like that. Good luck!
Thanks. I might give that a shot if I have no other options, but I assumed most wouldn't want to do that since they are glued on... maybe if their trunk liner is already destroyed or in bad shape I suppose.

Here is a picture of the opposite side of the trunk carpet than you would normally see. Notice the large hole for the trunk pass through as well as the trunk dome light towards the top for orientation reference. I have circled in red where these clips are glued on.

Old 12-15-17, 06:03 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

I'm not 100% sure, but it doesn't look like it's available separately.

https://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.c...driveLine=8093.

Old 12-15-17, 06:07 AM
WillAP1
Intermediate

I'm not 100% sure, but it doesn't look like it's available separately.

https://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.c...driveLine=8093.
I had a bad feeling that might be the case.
Old 12-17-17, 09:45 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Mine are bonded to the cloth. Removing it would require tearing it out. It is no doubt sold as an integral part of the entire lining, much the same as many of the wiring harness clamps are sold only as part of a new harness and not available separately.
Old 12-17-17, 08:48 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Mine are bonded to the cloth. Removing it would require tearing it out. It is no doubt sold as an integral part of the entire lining, much the same as many of the wiring harness clamps are sold only as part of a new harness and not available separately.
Fun fact: most of the harness clamps are sold separately, they're just hard to find sometimes. I spent the summer collecting OE parts to build a new JZA70/2JZ-GTE VVT-i Haltech Elite 2500 engine harness and ordered as much new as I could get my hands on.

You're right though, these trunk clips are not sold separately.

Clip Part #-mnci25u.jpg
Clip Part #-6gzct0k.jpg
Clip Part #-tuq3omt.jpg
Clip Part #-5lnn1jg.jpg
Clip Part #-w49djrp.jpg
Click image for larger version

Name:	mNCi25u.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	490801
Clip Part #-naffdjr.jpg
Clip Part #-gerxu3v.jpg

/off-topic

Jeff

Last edited by Jeff Lange; 12-17-17 at 09:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
JT2MA71 (04-15-21)
Old 12-17-17, 10:14 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

You'll never find the coil harness clips for the US model 2JZ-GTE. AMHIK.

Same with the IS F harness clips with the zip ties. I had to go aftermarket to replace them, and there is no practical way to remove them without destroying them.

Last but not least, there is a clip on the A/C hard lines - both the IS F and GS F have this clip - and the only way to get the clip is to buy new hard lines.

Sure, there's plenty you can get, but the critical stuff? No way.
Old 12-17-17, 10:35 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

You'll never find the coil harness clips for the US model 2JZ-GTE. AMHIK.
82711-1B070. I'm using USDM coil-on-plugs, those are new clips. Every clip on that engine is new.
Clip Part #-bqlscv3.jpg

Same with the IS F harness clips with the zip ties. I had to go aftermarket to replace them, and there is no practical way to remove them without destroying them.

Last but not least, there is a clip on the A/C hard lines - both the IS F and GS F have this clip - and the only way to get the clip is to buy new hard lines.
Do you have any pictures? I may be able to find them, especially the zip-ties. They may not be the exact zip tie type (there are a couple I have part numbers for, but they aren't orderable). For the A/C line, I assume you mean on the low-pressure line that heads into the firewall? I've never needed to look into that one specifically, and I can't find any pictures that are close enough to see it, but next time I'm near an IS F, I'll see if I can get a good look at it and see if I can find a way to order one.

If they're these ones:

I believe the part number is 82711-12A10. They're not available from Toyota/Lexus dealers in the USA, but they can be ordered from dealers in Japan. Alternatively, 82711-3F240 is available here, and while it is slightly different, I think it should be functional for that application.

Jeff

Last edited by Jeff Lange; 12-17-17 at 11:06 PM.
lobuxracer (01-08-18)
Old 12-17-17, 11:43 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Close, but no cigar. The OEM 2JZ clips look similar, but are gray, not black. If I'd've had a 1000 count bag of these in gray 10 years ago, I'd be rich. I'd still take a dozen of the black ones just because I hate having my harness zip tied because all the clips are broken.

The proper part number for the zip tie clips is 82711-2D380. Not available from any North American source.

The A/C clip looks like the pic below. I have one good one on the GS F, and no clip on the IS F because it broke.
Attached Thumbnails Clip Part #-20170130_192054.jpg  
Old 12-17-17, 11:55 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Close, but no cigar. The OEM 2JZ clips look similar, but are gray, not black. If I'd've had a 1000 count bag of these in gray 10 years ago, I'd be rich. I'd still take a dozen of the black ones just because I hate having my harness zip tied because all the clips are broken.
These are grey, not black. They make look black in the picture, but they're definitely grey. In fact if you actually get a new 2JZ harness from Toyota, the clips now actually have 1B070 stamped onto them. They didn't on cars produced before approximately 97'ish from what I've seen.

The proper part number for the zip tie clips is 82711-2D380. Not available from any North American source.
Good to know, I will add that to my list. They do seem to be available in Japan though.

The A/C clip looks like the pic below. I have one good one on the GS F, and no clip on the IS F because it broke.
Yeah that's the one I suspected. I'll see what I can come up with. Good picture. A/C parts in particular can be challenging sometimes; Denso used to list separate A/C parts catalogs to dealers, often times for vehicles where A/C was available as a kit, but also for factory systems, and they would often list a great deal more part numbers than the vehicle parts catalogs. Unfortunately that isn't something I would have for the IS.

You are right though, when something simple isn't sold/serviced separately it can be infuriating and Toyota/Lexus has a habit of doing it for things you really could use. Meanwhile they split up and sell small internal components for other items that nobody will ever need or order ever.

Jeff

Last edited by Jeff Lange; 12-18-17 at 12:48 AM.
lobuxracer (01-08-18)
Old 01-08-18, 09:22 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

So these clips showed up and yes, they are gray, but they're much darker than the ones from 1993. The original clips were the same light gray color any of the current harnesses have. This is tiny compared to having the right size and configuration, and I have literally been looking for these for more than 20 years. Thanks Jeff!

Quick Reply: Clip Part #