IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF Owners in Ohio, specifically around Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky??

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-17, 11:02 AM
leisinjp
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default ISF Owners in Ohio, specifically around Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky??

Hey guys and gals,
I live in the Monroe, Ohio area and only know one other ISF owner around here. If there is anyone around Cincinnati, Columbus, Northern Kentucky who owns an ISF I would love to meet up. Especially folks who have mods done to the car. I'm always interested in hearing other brands of exhaust systems, wheel fitment, and so on.

Last edited by leisinjp; 12-08-17 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-08-17, 02:39 PM
lexicon72
Intermediate

Received 170 Likes on 103 Posts

Not sure if I'm the one owner you are referring to, but you and I met about 2 years ago at the Monroe outlets.
I've only seen a handful of ISFs around town and have met only one other owner than you.

Did you happen to be in West Chester / Liberty Township last Friday checking out my car in the parking lot?????

Check out the Ohio Lexus Car Club on Facebook as well (but no local ISF owners as far as I can tell)
My mods should be in my signature.....
Old 12-08-17, 06:29 PM
Nikeboi09
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Toledo, Ohio here. Only ISF I have seen is mine lol. Have seen plenty of LC500's but no ISFs. Would love to meet more ISF owners around the state.
Old 12-08-17, 07:35 PM
leisinjp
Pole Position

Lexicon72,
No way! I was pulling away and saw it and drove around to see it. I was thinking the guy I met in Monroe had the same red one, had no idea it was yours. Glad you still have it! So long story short I bought an 08 ISF and sold it because the wife wanted to buy a house. Now I bought another one. I still stay in contact with the previous owner who lives in West Chester/Liberty Township area. You'll have to refresh my memory, do you have anything added on to your car?

Nikeboi09,
Toledo is a bit of a drive my man! If you are ever down in the Cincinnati area let me know! Do you have any mods on your car?
Old 12-08-17, 09:14 PM
lexicon72
Intermediate

That's too funny. I saw you out the window and told my wife, "See...there's another IS F nut like me. We are a rare breed." Lol. She' just doesn't get it.

Glad to see you're part of the family again.

My mods are Joe Z exhaust, PPE headers, RR Racing tune, and Sikky rear sway bar.

Since we met, I've done a few track days at NCM, Putnam, Pocono and Mid Ohio. I'm gonna try to get a group to go to Mid Ohio in 2018 hopefully.

You should definitely check out Dayton Cars and Coffee. I.was there pretty much at every event. About 500 to 700 cars!

I've also gotten together with the Lexus group up in Columbus occasionally as well (Facebook group I mentioned earlier)

See ya around hopefully!

Last edited by lexicon72; 12-08-17 at 09:23 PM.
Old 12-09-17, 10:35 AM
leisinjp
Pole Position

We will have to meet up soon! The guy I sold my other ISF to has ISS DES, either Sikky or PPE headers and kw v3 coilovers. I would love to see how yours sounds now with the exhaust and header setup. I have the ISS DES exhaust on mine but it drones so much more than my previous one. I can't figure it out and I'm to the point of taking it off and selling it. This weekend i'm having the Forgestar wheels taken off and my winter wheels put on. Where do you have yours worked on?
Old 12-21-17, 10:49 AM
DreDilla
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Cincinnati resident and new 2008 IS-F owner as of Dec 19, woohoo!!!
Old 12-21-17, 02:08 PM
lexicon72
Intermediate

Nice ride sir! Though I'm kinda bummed another MRM ISF is in town...lol. Enjoy your new toy. May be time for a meet up.
Old 05-29-18, 03:53 PM
AutoAddict
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just found this post. I actually live in Lebanon, OH. There is another gentleman that lives here as well who has a black ‘08 ISF. I was pretty surprised to find out how low the production numbers were with how often I see an ISF around here.

I’ve just recently started looking into them after being a BMW enthusiast. After riding, then driving an ISF, I MUST have one, so currently on the lookout and obsessively researching them.

Glad to hear there will be a nice group of owners around this area once I find mine.
Old 05-29-18, 07:02 PM
lexicon72
Intermediate

Welcome! There is a slightly overpriced 2008 for sale at CarMax in Dayton. Check out Dayton Cars & Coffee too - about 900 cars every other week.
Old 05-30-18, 10:02 AM
Alizia
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikeboi09
Toledo, Ohio here. Only ISF I have seen is mine lol. Have seen plenty of LC500's but no ISFs. Would love to meet more ISF owners around the state.
I'm also in Toledo myself, we should meet for the next Cars & Coffee!!

I've been reluctant to go myself since I got some serious anxiety lol. Hence why I'm not active on the forums.
Old 05-30-18, 02:39 PM
Nikeboi09
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Alizia
I'm also in Toledo myself, we should meet for the next Cars & Coffee!!

I've been reluctant to go myself since I got some serious anxiety lol. Hence why I'm not active on the forums.
Mannnnnn, I was at the last cars and coffee at the M1 concourse this past Saturday. I had no idea there was someone else with an ISF in Toledo out of all places!
I am down to meet up at the next one. It is June 30th (last Saturday of every month). Lets meet up sometime before then.
Old 05-30-18, 05:11 PM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

Do you all drive your f in the harsh Ohio winters?
Old 05-30-18, 06:19 PM
lexicon72
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
Yep.

12 winters in a 2002 IS300 (have done in both winter tires and all seasons) and 4 winters in the F (all season tires). Will go back to winter tires once the all seasons on the F are done.
Old 05-31-18, 03:51 AM
Nikeboi09
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
During the winters I drive it for an hour every two weeks give or take, after it has been dried for at least 3 days. The key is to wash, wash, wash as often as you can if you decide to.

Quick Reply: ISF Owners in Ohio, specifically around Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky??