IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

RR AOS Drain - How To

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-17, 04:17 AM
gergg
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RR AOS Drain - How To

Hello...I purchased a 2008 ISF that has a RR Racing AOS installed on it, I wanted to dump the canister, but wasn't exactly sure of the best way to do that just by looking at it. I searched around the net yesterday trying the figure it out with no luck, hoping someone here might be able to help. There appears to be a drain screw on the bottom of the canister, but I can't get to it easily. I also read that the hoses might have quick connect/disconnect couplings, wondering if that is true and is it as simple as pulling/twisting/unscrewing the hoses and pulling the AOS unit off of its bracket to dump?

Thanks...Greg
Old 10-29-17, 05:37 AM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by gergg
Hello...I purchased a 2008 ISF that has a RR Racing AOS installed on it, I wanted to dump the canister, but wasn't exactly sure of the best way to do that just by looking at it. I searched around the net yesterday trying the figure it out with no luck, hoping someone here might be able to help. There appears to be a drain screw on the bottom of the canister, but I can't get to it easily. I also read that the hoses might have quick connect/disconnect couplings, wondering if that is true and is it as simple as pulling/twisting/unscrewing the hoses and pulling the AOS unit off of its bracket to dump?

Thanks...Greg
I would assume you turn it counter clockwise after disconnecting the hoses, looks like its got threads on the coupling in pics from website.
http://www.rr-racing.com/Lexus-Air-O...isfaos0001.htm
Old 10-29-17, 07:59 AM
gergg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISF2NV
I would assume you turn it counter clockwise after disconnecting the hoses, looks like its got threads on the coupling in pics from website.
http://www.rr-racing.com/Lexus-Air-O...isfaos0001.htm
Thanks, I got it, just needed to take the drivers side plastic engine panel cover off to get access to the AOS, after that it was easy.
Old 11-16-17, 03:43 PM
Leander311
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

So how'd you do it?? I turned what looks like a drain valve underneath and got a few ounces, but the level indicator is showing a lot is left... do you really have to remove and disassemble each time??
Old 11-16-17, 03:52 PM
gergg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Leander311
So how'd you do it?? I turned what looks like a drain valve underneath and got a few ounces, but the level indicator is showing a lot is left... do you really have to remove and disassemble each time??
When I inquired I was told that the bottom screw was not the way to do it. The AOS unit is 2 pieces, just hold the top section and unscrew the bottom section, dump oil and screw back on. I had to remove the drivers side engine bay cover to make it easier, but after that was simple enough. I unscrewed the AOS unit from its frame as well which enabled me to get a good grip on it.
Old 11-16-17, 09:12 PM
Leander311
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Ah... this is a great help. Thanks so much!