IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

For those scared of RR Racing USRS... and a Shout Out!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-17, 06:04 AM
GAISF
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default For those scared of RR Racing USRS... and a Shout Out!

Not sure if it's just me but I've had the RR Racing USRS in my trunk for maybe a month, going back and forth on if it was the right decision to install them. I got them so that my tires would wear evenly. My car will never see the track. My main concern was the amount of extra vibration and road noise I would pick up and I didn't want to be embarrassed with clients and friends in the car and have to explain why it feels so rough.

I'm happy to report back, from someone on the more conservative side of things, that the noise and vibration is next to nothing. I do feel dips and bumps in the road a little more but that has always been the case with the ISF. Steering response is improved too, as to be expected in the name...

Also, I wanted to give a shout out to Koru Works in Marietta, GA. Awesome shop with very nice people, great pricing, and they worked very fast. http://koruworks.com/ I will be back when I get up the nerve to buy the borla exhaust, haha.
Old 08-10-17, 06:39 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

That's good to hear. Mine has been sitting in my trunk for over a month too. LOL
Old 08-10-17, 06:40 AM
PatrickISF
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey, another ISF from GA! How much did they charge to do the install?
Old 08-10-17, 07:05 AM
GAISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by PatrickISF
Hey, another ISF from GA! How much did they charge to do the install?
$130. Only took them about 30-40 min. They were very responsive via their website and email and they said they've been getting more IS work lately and are becoming very familiar with the 250/350/F.
Old 08-10-17, 09:36 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by GAISF
$130. Only took them about 30-40 min. They were very responsive via their website and email and they said they've been getting more IS work lately and are becoming very familiar with the 250/350/F.
Slightly on the high side for the install on those. About a 20-30 min job (my shop charged me 1/2 hr of labor, $40). But as long as you're satisfied and felt comfortable as where you were taking you vehicle, that's all that matters!
And yep, steering response and tire wear is highly improved on the F with usrs. Not gunna make a dramatic difference in handling not a dramatic difference in noise/vibration, but will be dramatic in keeping the tires from wearing unevenly.
To me, it made no difference in my '12 with ride comfort. Turn in slightly better (just daily driving).

​​​​​​P.S. Get that Borla installed!!? Nothing like an F car with an aftermarket exhaust! You'll be able to remove you radio and still be satisfied afterwards....! Yep, sounds that good, lol! The extra power is an added bonus 😋!

V.
Old 08-10-17, 10:34 AM
GAISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Slightly on the high side for the install on those. About a 20-30 min job (my shop charged me 1/2 hr of labor, $40). But as long as you're satisfied and felt comfortable as where you were taking you vehicle, that's all that matters!
And yep, steering response and tire wear is highly improved on the F with usrs. Not gunna make a dramatic difference in handling not a dramatic difference in noise/vibration, but will be dramatic in keeping the tires from wearing unevenly.
To me, it made no difference in my '12 with ride comfort. Turn in slightly better (just daily driving).

​​​​​​P.S. Get that Borla installed!!? Nothing like an F car with an aftermarket exhaust! You'll be able to remove you radio and still be satisfied afterwards....! Yep, sounds that good, lol! The extra power is an added bonus 😋!

V.
Yeah, I did the math and it may look a little high in terms of an hourly rate. They quoted me $129 in advance and estimated it may take an hour. I'm ok with the price for a couple reason. #1 The immediate response via email. I mean it when I say their communication was A+. The longer I work in sales the more I believe if you will just communicate you will be rich one day. #2 Most places won't bill for less than an hour anyways and I'm down to support a local small business. They aren't keeping the doors open on a $40 job.

I don' t have the Borla yet but I've decided that's what I'll get if/when i do pull the trigger. The need for a minivan just happened. #3 on the way. Personal car projects on hold for the moment.
Old 08-16-17, 08:00 PM
blckbrd
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Right on GAISF!
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with KoruWorks.
Old 08-25-17, 06:26 AM
breakeroh
Rookie

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts

Did you get, not sure if necessary, a new alignment after installing these?
Old 08-26-17, 01:59 PM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's recommended but the alignment specs might not be off as mine was still within specs afterward.

I had it aligned so I want to know how well USRS reduces the tires wear.

Originally Posted by breakeroh
Did you get, not sure if necessary, a new alignment after installing these?

Last edited by avgj0F; 08-26-17 at 02:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
breakeroh (08-29-17)