IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Need Advice - Carwash Employee damaged my wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-17, 11:02 AM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Update : 16th August 2017

i am currently deployed at a unspecific location and have limited internet access. Received a email from JAG that the owner of the car wash want to settle it outside the court now by asking me to use one of the wheel repair business they recommended. I am going to deal with them whenever I come back in the States, got more important thing to do right now.

again, my principal is not matter I drive a ISF, Ferrari, or a Chevy, my property was damaged by the carwash employee's negligence. And it was unlawful the way the business handle this situation.

Nothing to to do with you should or should not run your ISF through carwash. Example: you are going to a sushi restaurant for dinner, and you should not be expecting to get food poisoning due to the chief's negligence. It's like saying, I like my health, i should know better not to eat raw fish. Just fruits for your thoughts.
The following 2 users liked this post by sleepyray:
tas02 (08-16-17), YeShrug (03-29-19)
Old 08-18-17, 06:26 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 260 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepyray
Update : 16th August 2017
again, my principal is not matter I drive a ISF, Ferrari, or a Chevy, my property was damaged by the carwash employee's negligence. And it was unlawful the way the business handle this situation.

Nothing to to do with you should or should not run your ISF through carwash. Example: you are going to a sushi restaurant for dinner, and you should not be expecting to get food poisoning due to the chief's negligence. It's like saying, I like my health, i should know better not to eat raw fish. Just fruits for your thoughts.
Food establishments serving raw or undercooked foods must include a "raw food" consumer advisory on their menu. The carwash was not designed for your vehicle with performance wheels or aftermarket modifications just as sushi would not be designed for someone with an allergy to it. Look at how those car washes operate and what the railing touches. It's designed to grab the tire, not the wheel, and especially not a $500+ JDM wheel. Good luck either way.
The following users liked this post:
chrisp1 (08-18-17)
Old 08-20-17, 08:38 PM
eddyisf
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusfanVA
Food establishments serving raw or undercooked foods must include a "raw food" consumer advisory on their menu. The carwash was not designed for your vehicle with performance wheels or aftermarket modifications just as sushi would not be designed for someone with an allergy to it. Look at how those car washes operate and what the railing touches. It's designed to grab the tire, not the wheel, and especially not a $500+ JDM wheel. Good luck either way.

agreed^
Old 03-29-19, 09:05 AM
YeShrug
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Never mind all the trolls and drama, the plate "F MY Life" is hilarious and amazing it got approved. I just came here looking for diffuser install help searching '3M adhesion' lol.

Thank you for your service (and sacrifice) @sleepyray !

p.s. I take my F through Automated carwashes, but the car has a full clear vinyl on it so... #YeShrug
The following users liked this post:
sleepyray (03-29-19)