IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

I F'd Arizona MotorSports Park counterclockwise

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-17, 08:49 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Default I F'd Arizona MotorSports Park counterclockwise

The owner of Arizona MotorSports Park finally gave the ok to run the circuit CCW. AMP has always been on my top three favorite of the 9 circuits I have been on so when ProAutoemailed that they were running CCW I couldn't pass it up. What a treat! The course is usually flowing with increasing radius turns that allow you to power out of the turns. In reverse that all changed. Almost every turn was decreasing radius. That means all late apexes and easy with the throttle on corner exit. Had to learn the course but adapted quite well by the later sessions. So well, in fact, that I cracked my front rotors slightly. Oh well.... a donation to the track gods. The ambient temps were in the mid 90s and of course I triggered my 'high engine oil temp" warning light. Had to back off for a couple of turns and as a gift I got to chase a GT350R for a bit and got the point by. Met some really cool people as well. Everyone at these events walks around glowing and smiling ear to ear. I mean, how TF could you not be happy. You are at the track.

Track number!

Racecars & Coffee is always better than Cars & Coffee

Last edited by I8ABMR; 05-07-17 at 10:19 AM.
Old 05-07-17, 10:20 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

LINK FIXED ! Sorry. Didnt realize that the links to the videos didnt work
Old 05-07-17, 11:07 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

Nice, you truly are a track junky ....time for some Figs 2-piece rotors wouldn't you say?
Old 05-07-17, 04:45 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Defratos
Nice, you truly are a track junky ....time for some Figs 2-piece rotors wouldn't you say?
haha I was literally just discussing this with Gearbangin on Facebook. Im debating. They are 2.5-3x the price. Even with the reduced unsprung mass its debatable. i could crack 3 sets for the price of the first round of 2 pc rotors. lol
Old 05-08-17, 12:13 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

well yeah if you crack the 2 pc rotors quick then I'd also be annoyed as they do cost much more, maybe the oem rotors is better for someone who tracks their car so often.
Old 05-08-17, 01:18 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I think as a daily driven track car the oem rotors and pads have been absolutely stellar. I have hit pretty much every kind of track out there and they have been fine. Elevation changes, hills, passengers, braking zones above 135mph, and no issue . I think because I have been running in the green group ( pre race) we are all running a bit more aggressively and I think I got the whole late braking thing down lol. In the end you are beating up wear parts. So its not like it wasnt going to go, its just going sooner. Ebay is awesome for guys who track because I can get brake parts 40% off dealer prices. The tires go every 6-8 months but the wife has been very understanding. She knows its my passion.
Old 05-08-17, 01:32 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

So the biggest question is... are you going to buy the AMP track decal and apply it inside our?
Old 05-08-17, 02:39 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
So the biggest question is... are you going to buy the AMP track decal and apply it inside our?

haha Thats a good question. Its CCW so it was all new. I think I will. lol Im going to cover the trunk lid lol.