IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Sikky ISF Header Installation Guide Video

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-17, 02:59 PM
JKweezy
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Rossi
No "engine check light" or any CELs or other issues. However, the boys disconnected the battery when soldering the O2 conditioner, so most of the monitors are "NOT READY"
I know this can be addressed, so step by step directions "for dummies" so even I can understand it and hopefully sort it out would be appreciated. Maybe SIKKY can chime in. Here is the data from my OBD2 reader:
that happens every time you disconnect the battery.... there is no set time or mileage on when it'll read ready... keep driving the car and it'll read ready whenever the ECU feels like it...
Old 11-08-17, 11:23 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 195 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by JKweezy
that happens every time you disconnect the battery.... there is no set time or mileage on when it'll read ready... keep driving the car and it'll read ready whenever the ECU feels like it...
Really, all right then..... I will do that.
I will re-scan once in the while to see if it is coming back. I just want to see if I can PASS the OBD2 scan with the conditioners and successfully get by the California smog check. (Not considering the visual)
Old 11-09-17, 04:00 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

I will re-scan once in the while to see if it is coming back. I just want to see if I can PASS the OBD2 scan with the conditioners and successfully get by the California smog check. (Not considering the visual)
I think you have to remove the conditioners, start the car and then once the sensors are ready, re install the conditioners.
Old 11-09-17, 04:16 AM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

I passed the obd smog check with PPE o2 conditioner. It should pass unless the tech decides to open up the plastic box where the ecu is. Keep monitoring your system ready. It should learn and the system be all ready soon.
Old 12-18-17, 05:30 PM
Rossi
Racer

Originally Posted by SikkyMFG
If you disconnect the battery during installation then it will lose it's readiness monitor and won't show ready with the conditioner connected. We recommend not disconnecting the battery during install so then you just install the conditioner and your good to go. It's not the end of the world if you did disconnect or need to set the readiness monitor after install though. Simply leave everything hooked up like stock (no conditioner) then have a scan tool hooked up. When it sets the readiness monitor hook up the conditioner and your done. Conditioner needs to be set up after its ready but before it throws the cat efficiency codes.
^^^^ I finally got around giving this a shot, as my battery was disconnected during the install.
- I removed the conditioners and plugged in the ScanTool.
- I drove around a lot today. I was able to get all the monitors "READY" except the "OXYGEN SENSOR MONITOR"

Any suggestion, how to get this one READY, Anyone with the most effective process and personal experience?

I discovered that, if you don't drive too hard, it is OK not to trigger CEL. If you drive hard the CEL pops up for sure. I set up the ECU wiring that I can just re-plug the conditioner instantly so as soon as I get this sorted I can be all set.
Old 12-19-17, 12:39 PM
Rossi
Racer

^^^^ I finally got around giving this a shot, as my battery was disconnected during the install.
- I removed the conditioners and plugged in the ScanTool.
- I drove around a lot today. I was able to get all the monitors "READY" except the "OXYGEN SENSOR MONITOR"

Any suggestion, how to get this one READY, Anyone with the most effective process and personal experience?

I discovered that, if you don't drive too hard, it is OK not to trigger CEL. If you drive hard the CEL pops up for sure. I set up the ECU wiring that I can just re-plug the conditioner instantly so as soon as I get this sorted I can be all set.
UPDATE: Did some more driving around today, the monitors were getting “ready” much faster. No issue to get Oxygen sensor monitor to get ready today. Not sure why it was such an issue yesterday. All monitors became ready except one several times.

Unfortunately, I struggled with CATALYST monitor. It got “ready” in the “current drive cycle” but I always got a CEL right before it was about to be ready in the main one. I am suspecting that I will need to run few successful drive cycles from a cold start for it to become ready overall. So close and so frustrating.

Last edited by Rossi; 12-19-17 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-20-17, 12:15 PM
Rossi
Racer

Unfortunately, I can’t beat the CATALYST monitor. It gets “ready” in the “current drive cycle” but I always got a CEL right before it is about to be ready overall.

Any advise?
Old 12-20-17, 01:36 PM
Rossi
Racer

Switching to RR Racing conditioners might be the solution for this.
I reached to RR Racing and Simon confirmed: Sikky’s conditioners works differently. RR conditioners simulate a correct signal, so the ECU “thinks” the reading is normal. Sikky’s cycles the signal just to prevent an error code.

This is awesome, because even if battery gets disconnected in the future or I have to clear an unrelated CEL, the monitors will get back to “ready” on its own without me completing this drive cycle. It is a WIN for me as I absolutely love the SIKKY V2 design and now everything hopefully will be OK for the OBD2 emission testing. I will order them and report back.

Originally Posted by idoke1
I passed the obd smog check with PPE o2 conditioner. It should pass unless the tech decides to open up the plastic box where the ecu is. Keep monitoring your system ready. It should learn and the system be all ready soon.
I suspect the PPE conditioners work in similar fashion as the RR Racing ones, so I should be in the same shape as you, thank you for chiming in.

Last edited by Rossi; 12-20-17 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12-21-17, 11:01 AM
Rossi
Racer

UPDATE:
I disconnected the battery again, all the monitors became ready within 5 minutes (except EVAP of course), I re-installed the conditioner …. ALL SET….. Success!!

Here is my recommendation for Sikky conditioner :
1) Warm up the car for 10 minutes
2) Disconnect the battery (open the car door to use all the juice in the system)
3) Start the car
4) Plug in your car ScanTool to OBD2 port (under the dash)
5) Drive around (not aggressively of course and make sure you keep checking the status of all the monitors.) Drive somewhere where you can get to a decent speed (50mph) and it is easy to pull over.
6) As soon as the status of all the monitors (except EVAP, that one is not effected by your conditioner and it becomes ready after few fill-ups) is "OK" or "READY" or whatever term your ScanTool uses, pull over and install your conditioner.

Last edited by Rossi; 12-21-17 at 12:35 PM.
Old 12-21-17, 08:21 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Glad you got it all squared away! How are you liking the power/sound difference from the headers?

V.
Old 12-23-17, 11:42 AM
GreenJimmy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the case where still using stock mid pipe with cats, couldn’t you move the downstream O2 sensors after the cats? ( and not need O2 conditioners ).
Old 12-24-17, 09:30 AM
Rossi
Racer

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Glad you got it all squared away! How are you liking the power/sound difference from the headers? V.
It is fantastic, the car is just so lively, the throttle response and the pull ... it is just best mod to the car yet :-)
Now, here comes the RR tune shortly....... Cannot wait.

Originally Posted by GreenJimmy
In the case where still using stock mid pipe with cats, couldn’t you move the downstream O2 sensors after the cats? ( and not need O2 conditioners ).
I assume, the answer is YES, but you would have to fabricate the new O2 sensor banks, as there aren't any on the stock pipe. The secondary cats are pretty far back, it could be tricky to run such a long extensions. I think the conditioners are the best way to go.
Attached Thumbnails Sikky ISF Header Installation Guide Video-isf_midpipe.jpg  

Last edited by Rossi; 12-24-17 at 09:52 AM.
Old 12-26-17, 11:33 AM
GreenJimmy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rossi thanks for sharing. I just don’t like the idea of having to solder wires into the main wiring harness next to the ECM. I assume there aren’t any plugin type conditioners that connect into the O2 harness.
Old 12-26-17, 01:22 PM
Rossi
Racer

I made mine sort of plug and play, I can remove them or reconnect in few seconds.
Attached Thumbnails Sikky ISF Header Installation Guide Video-d6566d5b-b950-4685-bed2-0522fa9d110d.jpeg