Search this Thread

Old 05-17-17, 08:11 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by JPxMODz
If your in the US I would suggest Meraki Autoworks and Canada is Partsengine
Thank you sir.

Sorry I couldn't do better.. CA exchange rate is insane.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-17-17, 08:14 PM
JPxMODz
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Thank you sir.

Sorry I couldn't do better.. CA exchange rate is insane.

-Josh
Your price shipped to CA was awesome. But your right, exchange rate killed the deal for both of us
Old 06-11-17, 07:08 AM
GS430FTW
Rookie

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Installed the Borla Catback on my ISF few week ago, and did couple of 1/4 mile runs, and as moleb mentioned above "At idle it sounds close to stock. When accelerating normally, It's a combination of a WRX STI boxer rumble mixed evenly with the deep V8 growl. At WOT sounds like pure muscle, nothing like a mustang. It sounds like we'll.... A Yamaha tuned V8 lol."
The following users liked this post:
SnailMail (09-03-20)
Old 06-11-17, 03:53 PM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts

Just finished installing catback Borla. Took me about 4-5 hours on my back under four jack stands. Barely enough space to get my gut under the car let alone any work but I did manage it. There's no denying the V8 rumble with this setup. Took it out on the highway and went blasting past a couple of b'mmers. Sure sounded good. It would be interesting to know what they heard as I screamed by. The one was a debadged 1-series and he definitely had an exhaust. I'm guessing the Borla is louder at wot but probably a bit quieter at cruising speed.
Old 06-14-17, 06:25 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by kudzuII
Pulling this same exhaust off tomorrow, trading in my beloved F...PM me for details. $850 obo. I'm in NC
What part of NC? And what are you getting next?!

V.
Old 06-18-17, 04:23 PM
sucabstunn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GAISF
Where's the best deal right now?
rr-racing has them for $1145.99.
Just had mine removed as I plan to hopefully sell my set.
I haven't had a chance to put them up for sale, but will be asking $850 Or best offer. Located in California and willing to ship. I already miss the sound a bit, but like not having the drone for the time being.
Old 10-03-17, 02:27 AM
Piciu
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

Guys, congrats on new exhausts! Are you still happy with it after couple of months? Aren't they too loud in long term?

I would need some help though:
RR-racing has on offer full header-back exhaust. Is it the same as cat-back?
I'm thinking seriously about Borla, as Japanese stuff is too expensive but don't want to have any issues with CEL light etc, so definitely I need to keep primary cats? Is the cat-back version removing secondary cats? Is it still ok for cel?

My goal is to add some sound and some power but I don't want to touch anything else on the car, no O2 simulators etc.

Thanks for clarifying this!
Old 10-03-17, 05:39 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Piciu
Guys, congrats on new exhausts! Are you still happy with it after couple of months? Aren't they too loud in long term?

I would need some help though:
RR-racing has on offer full header-back exhaust. Is it the same as cat-back?
I'm thinking seriously about Borla, as Japanese stuff is too expensive but don't want to have any issues with CEL light etc, so definitely I need to keep primary cats? Is the cat-back version removing secondary cats? Is it still ok for cel?

My goal is to add some sound and some power but I don't want to touch anything else on the car, no O2 simulators etc.

Thanks for clarifying this!
Yep, header-back/cat-back is the same exact exhaust system.. I bought mine from RR-Racing when I had stock exhaust manifolds w/cats. Now it's bolted up to my PPE headers (w/cats added further back). When used with the stock manifolds, only the secondary cats are eliminated, which does not affect any sensors or trigger CELs. That doesn't necessarily make it emissions legal (depending on local laws), but it doesn't negatively impact the car's ECU.

-Mike
Piciu (10-03-17)
Old 10-03-17, 07:15 AM
Piciu
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Mike, that's the info I needed!
Waiting now for some offers with shipment to Europe :/
Old 10-03-17, 09:21 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by Piciu
Thanks Mike, that's the info I needed!
Waiting now for some offers with shipment to Europe :/
Getting your quote!

-Josh

Orange County, CA
Old 10-03-17, 05:58 PM
cleethree
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I got mine from josh last month and put about 500 miles on it. At first I thought, maybe this is too loud? Then I got used to it and really enjoyed all the new noises. The rumble, the pops and especially the downshifts. Now it's broken in and quieter, so naturally I want headers.
Meraki Autoworks (10-04-17)
Old 10-04-17, 10:22 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by cleethree
I got mine from josh last month and put about 500 miles on it. At first I thought, maybe this is too loud? Then I got used to it and really enjoyed all the new noises. The rumble, the pops and especially the downshifts. Now it's broken in and quieter, so naturally I want headers.
Well then, lets get headers..

-Josh

Orange County, CA
Old 11-04-17, 05:03 PM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts

So I put on the Borla cat-back in June and took it off this week. I think I am getting too old to be riding around with a droning car. There is no doubt the WOT sounds with Borla are intoxicating but since the majority of driving occurs at only part throttle, the drone was getting too much to bear. With the stock exhaust back on, I also find the low speed throttle response to be a bit better than with Borla on. I am definitely going the miss the wonderfully pronounced sounds of the downshifting rev matches which the Borla provides. Unfortunately with stock exact you hear this primarily when the car is in full manual/sport mode and it is not nearly the same sound as with Borla.

I might put the Borla back on next summer but for now its silent stock for me. Might also think a bit more about Varex.
Old 11-04-17, 05:17 PM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Using motorcycle inserts in the Borla makes the sound very similar to stock. The drone is almost completely eliminated. Takes me about thirty seconds each side to put on or take off.
SnailMail (09-03-20)
Old 11-04-17, 08:15 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by newgsman;10023004[b
]I think I am getting too old to be riding around with a droning car.
since the majority of driving occurs at only part throttle, the drone was getting too much to bear. With the stock exhaust back on, I also find the low speed throttle response to be a bit better than with Borla on.[/b]
Originally Posted by mahcah
Using motorcycle inserts in the Borla makes the sound very similar to stock. The drone is almost completely eliminated. Takes me about thirty seconds each side to put on or take off.
This right here Newgsman^^^^^get the motorcycle silencers (a whopping $19) and 90% of the drone is gone!! You get back some of that low speed throttle response with them in and when you want the Borla sound they're very easy to take in and out like Mahcah said above!! You get the best of both worlds for under $20 bucks

Quick Reply: Yup, Borla exhaust review