IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Anyone with inner tire wear WITH the RR-R USRS?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-16, 06:04 AM
Helo58
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Anyone with inner tire wear WITH the RR-R USRS?

Has anyone continued to experience inner tire wear with the USRS? All posts prior to me installing the USRS stated a reduction or elimination of this issue and I was wondering if anyone continues to see significant wear after the installation. Also, what driving behaviors contribute to this inner tire wear? Is it hard braking? Low speed "full-lock" cornering such as U-turns? Aggressive turn-in on corners? All of the above? Any ideas on how to further reduce inner tire wear? My tires are certainly wearing better than without, but the inner shoulder is wearing at a rate that will possibly still be quicker than center tread.
Old 10-14-16, 08:08 AM
ljdsong
Intermediate

Received 148 Likes on 72 Posts

I have the rr racing usrs since it came out and i dont have any problems with it. Have you get an alignment after the installation?
Old 10-14-16, 08:20 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

I've had no inner tire wear since installing the USRS last year. That being said I did have some cupping on my last set of tires (Nittos) because I never got an alignment last year when I had the USRS installed which led to some major out of Toe specs that contributed to those tires early death.

Since I learned my lesson last year that was the first thing I did when I got my PSS tires a couple months ago, and since I had an alignment and had my Toe set to 0 I've had no issues with inner tire wear (knock on wood).
Old 10-14-16, 08:21 AM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Have had mine for ~7k now, no irregular wear. I think it was how the wheels moved under braking that caused the inner tire wear before, not sure about that.
Old 10-14-16, 08:53 AM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

No irregular wear at all on mines, and I've had it for 15k miles.
Old 10-14-16, 11:18 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by nks979
Have had mine for ~7k now, no irregular wear. I think it was how the wheels moved under braking that caused the inner tire wear before, not sure about that.
This is accurate. If you are still getting inside wear, you have more toe out than you need. I run mine a little toed out because the car turns better but I know it means inside edge wear and I accept that as normal for what I want. But the wear I am experiencing now is far less than what I previously had with the OEM bushings. BTW, I am using SuperPro bushings, not the USRS. Regardless, any of the aftermarket poly or solid bushings will be better than the squishy OEM bushing.
Old 10-16-16, 05:21 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

For those of you running aftermarket bushings MileHiCar, Lobuxracer and others from Figs, RR racing etc how would you describe steering feel and response? Is there any additional hoarseness to ride now after the installation of the bushings
Old 10-16-16, 06:45 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by Weapon F
For those of you running aftermarket bushings MileHiCar, Lobuxracer and others from Figs, RR racing etc how would you describe steering feel and response? Is there any additional hoarseness to ride now after the installation of the bushings
No, and the car doesn't wander under very hard (track level) braking anymore. Very significant improvement.
Old 10-16-16, 07:11 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,829 Likes on 1,291 Posts

My quote from another thread:

Originally Posted by flowrider
I have them on my ISF and can attest that they do what RRRacing claims they will do. Flatter cornering much better braking (virtually no dive braking). Just better all around handling. There is a bit more NVH, but the trade off is totally worth it IMHO.
Lou
Old 10-17-16, 06:32 AM
zen
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You'll feel all the good things that people described on this forum for these bushings on the car, just don't drive the car in NYC. You are going to feel every bumps on the road. I don't drive the car into NYC ever since I installed the bushings, can't take these old brick roads/pot holes/bumps.
Old 10-17-16, 06:55 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
My quote from another thread:

"I have them on my ISF and can attest that they do what RRRacing claims they will do. Flatter cornering much better braking (virtually no dive braking). Just better all around handling. There is a bit more NVH, but the trade off is totally worth it IMHO."

Lou
Glad to hear this! I ordered the RR-Racing USRS Friday evening after having spent some time under the car and noticing the typical inner tire wear occurring. Figured it would be cheaper to order this than have to spend money on new tires prematurely.
Old 10-17-16, 08:44 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

I felt more of a difference in the braking dept! The steering response is improved but it was more noticeable with the braking/immediate feel instead of that squishy feel before!

Should be called the Ultimate Braking and steering response system
Old 10-17-16, 09:58 AM
Helo58
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for all of the comments regarding the inner tire wear and causes. I will agree with many regarding the increase in "harshness" felt through the new bushings. It is certainly a more jolting experience. However, I will also agree with those stating the increased performance of the bushings. The wiggle and sidestepping under hard braking are gone, steering in general feels very responsive, and inner tire wear issue is drastically improved over the stock bushings. Thanks again for all of the comments.
Old 10-17-16, 10:03 AM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Helo58
Thanks for all of the comments regarding the inner tire wear and causes. I will agree with many regarding the increase in "harshness" felt through the new bushings. It is certainly a more jolting experience. However, I will also agree with those stating the increased performance of the bushings. The wiggle and sidestepping under hard braking are gone, steering in general feels very responsive, and inner tire wear issue is drastically improved over the stock bushings. Thanks again for all of the comments.
Along with braking improvements it's well worth it simply for getting rid of that annoying on-center vagueness in the steering as well, feels extremely tight and direct even before you load it up now.
Old 10-18-16, 02:58 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

8 track days on URSR and perfect wear int he front. I only run oem alignment though

Quick Reply: Anyone with inner tire wear WITH the RR-R USRS?