IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Joe Z with OEM Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-16, 04:55 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Joe Z with OEM Mufflers

So had a little incident yesterday where I was told by the pigs that I need to change my exhaust back to stock.

Now I currently have the Joe-Z exhaust which I love, can I just chop off the Joe-Z mufflers and weld in the OEM Mufflers to reduce the sound?

From what I remember the OEM mufflers play a big role in reducing the sound of the car.

Or what else do you guys suggest?
Old 10-11-16, 07:20 AM
s4chico
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally wouldn't chop off the Joe-Z mufflers. I would just unbolt them and have flanges welded to the stock mufflers so you can easily swap them back and forth.
Old 10-11-16, 07:25 AM
Sameer89
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eh, I would probably just paint the back side of the canisters of the JoeZ exhaust black so it's a little more stealthy.
Old 10-11-16, 07:44 AM
Defratos
Racer

Originally Posted by s4chico
I personally wouldn't chop off the Joe-Z mufflers. I would just unbolt them and have flanges welded to the stock mufflers so you can easily swap them back and forth.
Good Idea

Originally Posted by Sameer89
Eh, I would probably just paint the back side of the canisters of the JoeZ exhaust black so it's a little more stealthy.
They're already painted black and nothing is visable, he just wanted to make an issue as he had originally stoped me for Tints, but when he saw I was legal he went around looking for something else and decided to give me a ticket for loud exhaust.

It's pathetic really as more than 50% of drivers here are driving without insurance or license and even more are driving without a road legal car i.e. no lights, no brakes, no bumpers, bad tires etc.. etc.. but he deicded to stop me instead because they don't have anything better to do.....which is why this country is going down the drain.
Old 10-11-16, 08:26 AM
mindcrime
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

witch sand dune are you on?
Old 10-11-16, 09:52 AM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Defratos
Good Idea

They're already painted black and nothing is visable, he just wanted to make an issue as he had originally stoped me for Tints, but when he saw I was legal he went around looking for something else and decided to give me a ticket for loud exhaust.

It's pathetic really as more than 50% of drivers here are driving without insurance or license and even more are driving without a road legal car i.e. no lights, no brakes, no bumpers, bad tires etc.. etc.. but he deicded to stop me instead because they don't have anything better to do.....which is why this country is going down the drain.

REDACTED--------

Maybe if you have a local F enthusiast and he has a stock exhaust lying around maybe ask if you could borrow it just until after you go to court to show you "fixed" the loud exhaust issue.

Last edited by Justin727; 10-11-16 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-11-16, 09:59 AM
IredSF
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin727
Just a cop a little annoyed that he really couldn't get you on much. I know you're frustrated with it but the cops are tons more lenient on these things these days as opposed to how there were the early 00's after the F&F craze.

Maybe if you have a local F enthusiast and he has a stock exhaust lying around maybe ask if you could borrow it just until after you go to court to show you "fixed" the loud exhaust issue.
HKS SSM!

uses stock mid pipe.

great sound when you want it.
stealth quiet as soon as u let off the gas

Last edited by IredSF; 10-11-16 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-11-16, 11:39 AM
Defratos
Racer

Originally Posted by mindcrime
witch sand dune are you on?
Saudi...but no witches here

Originally Posted by Justin727
REDACTED--------

What court?!? lol I already have my car back, majority of the people here have told me to keep the exhaust and just ignore them as it's very unlikely for someone to stop me again for the same reason.

You should see the others cars here, mine is very quiet in comparison.

Originally Posted by IredSF
https://youtu.be/Nst8IKRIwTM

HKS SSM!

uses stock mid pipe.

great sound when you want it.
stealth quiet as soon as u let off the gas
That does sound nice actually, always thought the HKS exhaust was one of the loudest there is for the ISF, but I get this is a different version.
Old 10-11-16, 02:54 PM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Defratos
Saudi...but no witches here

What court?!? lol I already have my car back, majority of the people here have told me to keep the exhaust and just ignore them as it's very unlikely for someone to stop me again for the same reason.

You should see the others cars here, mine is very quiet in comparison.

That does sound nice actually, always thought the HKS exhaust was one of the loudest there is for the ISF, but I get this is a different version.

As soon as I saw your build thread I knew exactly where you were. LOL but you're 110% correct compared to what I've seen there your car is quiet in comparison.
Old 10-11-16, 02:56 PM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Had the same issue this morning, got stopped because "your exhaust is so loud it has to be illegal" even while i was just cruising not making tons of noise. The *** held me for about 30 minutes trying to figure out how to give me a ticket until he finally let me go since he couldn't prove my exhaust was illegal. Meanwhile someone in a massive truck drives by making nearly as much noise pouring black smoke everywhere. I don't think theres a ton they can do about it unless they want to get under the car and prove that its not stock, then again you're not in the U.S so it could be very different.