IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

anyone getting the grom vline?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-20, 11:56 AM
imVUUU
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crazy_vag
Many old phones are not able to provide hotspot and connect to WiFi at the same time. MIght be time to get a new cell phone. Google Pixel 3 and 4 are both able to provide hotspot regardless whether they are connected to WiFi and LTE.

As for volume, how does volume compare when using native Vline apps? If it's limited to Carplay, then again it might point to your phone and perhaps time to upgrade to something modern and less buggy.
i have iPhone 11 Pro Max...
Old 01-13-20, 12:00 PM
imVUUU
Driver School Candidate

I was able to fix the clicking sound. It was due to the wires behind the box that prevented the vent behind the glove compartment to open and close completely. The cranking noise was from it trying to close but couldn’t. I pushed some wires down and away, and the noise stopped. Got lucky, I guess.
Old 02-13-20, 07:56 PM
Sampaxi
Driver School Candidate

Made an account just to make sure I let everyone here know how terrible my GROM VLine experience has been. They sent me the wrong product, took forever to get back to me and then refused to believe what I was saying. I am trying my best to get it returned but they won't cover shipping or the installation cost. For the price this unit is I would not recommend anyone taking on the risk to have such horrible customer experience. IF the product works (big IF as you will notice in this thread), then lucky you but for that price its just not worth the gamble. Get a bluetooth to aux connecter and an iPhone stand for 5% of the price and you'll get 90% of the functions.

Massive warning - at your own risk, don't make the same mistake I did.
Old 02-13-20, 10:28 PM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Sampaxi
Made an account just to make sure I let everyone here know how terrible my GROM VLine experience has been. They sent me the wrong product, took forever to get back to me and then refused to believe what I was saying. I am trying my best to get it returned but they won't cover shipping or the installation cost. For the price this unit is I would not recommend anyone taking on the risk to have such horrible customer experience. IF the product works (big IF as you will notice in this thread), then lucky you but for that price its just not worth the gamble. Get a bluetooth to aux connecter and an iPhone stand for 5% of the price and you'll get 90% of the functions.

Hey noticed your Oz based like myself. Sorry to hear you got stuffed around. Wander why they would not believe you regarding the wrong product. i.e. Model numbers, tax invoice and a picture would easily demonstrate if you got the right gear. Are you saying you installed the wrong item they sent? So its for another vehicle? If its for the wrong car, its strange they are playing hard ball to cover postage given its their stuff up.

I was hesitant when i purchased mine about 1.5 yrs ago but emailed Cushie (The Oz distributor at the time, well maybe still is, i dont know). I must of asked questions and emailed them back and forth for days and the service was great, got the right product and all is working well.
Like you mentioned, lucky for me i guess but shame the service you have received seems to be way off par vs how i was treated.
Old 02-14-20, 02:20 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 143 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Sampaxi

From our records we see that you ordered a wrong product. Your car is 2010 MY which is GEN6 (LEX6) and you ordered LEX5. Your Manual and all factory stickers on your vehicle clearly say this is MY 2010 which is what should be used for aftermarket or factory upgrades. Our website lists all vehicles by their model year, not the year they were made on. Unfortunately we do not cover shipping or return charges for wrongfully purchased products. However we will provide free shipping of the correct product in that case as we understand that mess up can happen to anyone.
The following 5 users liked this post by gromaudio:
ALK (02-28-20), DaveGS4 (02-15-20), Hardrvin (04-25-20), minator (02-18-20), Neles (02-14-20)
Old 02-14-20, 02:37 PM
Net Junky
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Latest update to my Grom unit.

Every time I put the car in reverse, the unit will make a popping noise like it's restarting. Few times the unit will reset and do the full reboot "Vline" log on screen.

Is this something to do with wiring or just the GEN6 system?
Old 02-15-20, 02:32 PM
SickAF
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Steering Wheel Controls

Originally Posted by gromaudio
From our records we see that you ordered a wrong product. Your car is 2010 MY which is GEN6 (LEX6) and you ordered LEX5. Your Manual and all factory stickers on your vehicle clearly say this is MY 2010 which is what should be used for aftermarket or factory upgrades. Our website lists all vehicles by their model year, not the year they were made on. Unfortunately we do not cover shipping or return charges for wrongfully purchased products. However we will provide free shipping of the correct product in that case as we understand that mess up can happen to anyone.
Hi, I have a 2010 Lexus IS F. Will GROM VLine VL2 work for the steering wheel controls? For example if I press the voice command button on the steering wheel can I use it for Siri as well? Thanks!
Old 02-15-20, 05:36 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by SickAF
Hi, I have a 2010 Lexus IS F. Will GROM VLine VL2 work for the steering wheel controls? For example if I press the voice command button on the steering wheel can I use it for Siri as well? Thanks!
Yes Track up/Down buttons are supported, press and hold Track Down to invoke Siri
Old 02-15-20, 05:37 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by Net Junky
Latest update to my Grom unit.

Every time I put the car in reverse, the unit will make a popping noise like it's restarting. Few times the unit will reset and do the full reboot "Vline" log on screen.

Is this something to do with wiring or just the GEN6 system?
You need to update via OTA to the latest version. It should fix the issue.
Old 02-18-20, 02:51 AM
IronNam
Pit Crew

Received 83 Likes on 43 Posts

May I get the latest OTA update emailed?
Old 02-18-20, 09:14 AM
s2kjer
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by IronNam
May I get the latest OTA update emailed?
Not possible, files are too large. The only thing you can download via flash drive is the firmware. You need to download the OTA on the Vline itself when its connected to the internet.

Last edited by s2kjer; 02-18-20 at 10:21 AM.
Old 02-18-20, 10:20 AM
Net Junky
Intermediate

Used my phone as a hotspot and got the latest updates. We'll see how that goes.
Old 02-18-20, 10:22 AM
s2kjer
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Net Junky
Used my phone as a hotspot and got the latest updates. We'll see how that goes.
Go park in front of a McDonald's and download it dude! 😂
Old 02-18-20, 10:24 AM
Net Junky
Intermediate

Originally Posted by s2kjer
Go park in front of a McDonald's and download it dude! 😂
I have free hotspot with my unlimited data...and the 9mb wasn't very much.

New update running for 30 mins without issues.
Old 02-28-20, 01:36 AM
Adso
Driver School Candidate

Anyone know if the new wireless Carplay feature will be arriving to the Vlite soon?

Quick Reply: anyone getting the grom vline?