IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Please stop me before..

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-16, 11:02 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Turn your IS350 back to stock and sell it. I would try to get 2011-14 ISF.
Old 08-30-16, 11:04 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MWIS350
Turn your IS350 back to stock and sell it. I would try to get 2011-14 ISF.
I will soon. But for now it's staying how it is.. If the price is right on a 2011 to fit my budget that I'll bite but I'm not trying to pay too much. If anything the 2010 is my idea year since it has the differential but I don't mind the 08-09. Other stuff like Led lights and whatever don't really matter to me
Old 08-30-16, 11:57 PM
av8or
Intermediate

Received 92 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by gravesg
dude im 26 bought my isf right around a few months after i turned 26... i still live with my folks, i could move out but i see no reason ... don't let the you gotta have your place mojo get to you.

more millennials stay with their parents than ever before, its financially the correct move unless your in a serious relationship or have a family.

don't make some scumbag rich renting or buying a house you don't really need at the moment.

with my current job i do a ton of traveling, so i don't have a need for my own place.. but when im home in the F, it bothers no chicks... most of the time they have their own place anyway.

the types of chicks you deal with will most likely change with the car.

but i say all that to say this ... don't be in a rush to grow up and grab a place... you got the rest of your life for a mortgage, and after traveling the world ... im in no rush to make a payment on a set of arranged pieces of dry wall and a roof.
nothing worse then parking your car at your house and walking inside and its dead air and space you have no use for.

i had a flat i was paying for and it was such a waste even my parents were like really ?? do you really need it ?? .. they were right. ''staying with them tho i have alot more money for mods.

To each his own.
dude i don't know you to judge you.. your'e probably a nice guy, hell, one great guy.. but for the sake of argument, this has got to be the dumbest advice ever.. worthy of the prestigious darwin award.. "stay with your parents so you have more money to spend on your car": you say.. don't join the "gotta have your mojo place" hype.. you say..
ever heard of growing up and becoming an adult? sure, i understand sometimes the chips don't fall you way, maybe you lost your job.. u need help, then yes move back, but only to get back your bearings.. maybe in your case you don't need it, you say you travel a lot, understood.. reason valid , maybe.. but to say it's ok to smooch from your parents because more "millennials" do it is retarded.. sorry but i just had to say something.. like you said to each his own, right? peace..

now back to topic... op i can see you want it.badly.. then get it... life is short.. but prepare for the consequences, good or bad.. there will be trade-offs but as long as you can make payments, your'e golden.. good luck on your search for that perfect is-f..
Old 08-31-16, 12:44 AM
gravesg
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by av8or
dude i don't know you to judge you.. your'e probably a nice guy, hell, one great guy.. but for the sake of argument, this has got to be the dumbest advice ever.. worthy of the prestigious darwin award.. "stay with your parents so you have more money to spend on your car": you say.. don't join the "gotta have your mojo place" hype.. you say..
ever heard of growing up and becoming an adult? sure, i understand sometimes the chips don't fall you way, maybe you lost your job.. u need help, then yes move back, but only to get back your bearings.. maybe in your case you don't need it, you say you travel a lot, understood.. reason valid , maybe.. but to say it's ok to smooch from your parents because more "millennials" do it is retarded.. sorry but i just had to say something.. like you said to each his own, right? peace..

now back to topic... op i can see you want it.badly.. then get it... life is short.. but prepare for the consequences, good or bad.. there will be trade-offs but as long as you can make payments, your'e golden.. good luck on your search for that perfect is-f..
i was in a rush to "be an adult" and i got the nice flat on the water and the F .. money from my job is pretty good. .... but when it was all said and done i'd get off a plane drive home, get in, and ask myself .. could i have put this 1280$ to better use this month.

growing up is great, growing up too fast is overrated.

the way my folks explained it to me, is if it keeps more money in the household and less stress on the members of the household its a good idea.

case in point .. i take care of all electric and water, sure im not here using it .. but keeps more money in their pocket and with the savings they take vacation.
now granted with the money i make its hilarious they aren't charging me rent, but they don't care.

op said he was 22 ??? he's still a kid ... let em live a little first.

like my old man says, these bills will be here even after you die.

and kids moving back in with their folks is on the uptick, not for them to smooch off of them, but have you seen these student debt loan amounts ???.... its serious out here for the current generation.
Old 08-31-16, 06:31 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

You guys I really appreciate all of your advice but I think we're getting off topic now. Not sure how this turned into a "you should get a house" debate. I've decided I don't see the need in a house yet and that's that. My brothers got married, had kids and got a house young and I'm just trying to avoid being like them.

Sure there lives seem decent but when you got a house and family and all that, you basically dont have anymore freedom to buy things like you used to before. Im not in a serious relationship, nor I'm I trying to be in one so having my own place doesnt matter. And on top of that I have friends older than me that are doing fine still living at their parents and theyre in their late 20's and still get girls and whatever so I'm not worried at all..

Anyway please get back on topic if your gonna contribute to the thread. I feel like you guys are starting to attack each other because we all choose to love our lives differently.
Old 08-31-16, 06:31 AM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Yeah student loans are one of the worst loans. You can't declare bankrupt on them. They are with you for life. I have a relative who just graduated from pharmacy; she's working now but the debt takes 40% of her take home pay per month. Twice my mortgage.
Old 08-31-16, 06:45 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

To put it in a different light. I'm young.. I also believe life is short and most of us don't get to live it to its potential due to having responsibilities like having family, house, spouse etc to young. I've seen it in my brothers and friends and I don't like it. I'd rather own the car I've always wanted, continue to party, and live my life while working hard for my future. The rest comes in its own time once I've decided "hey, I could really use some extra bills right now and less time to myself" . No offense to those of you who did this but it's not for me.

Now back to the topic!!!

Last edited by Tro209; 08-31-16 at 06:50 AM.
Old 08-31-16, 08:12 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 531 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by Tro209
The only reason why I modded the IS350 for looks is because there ain't much else to do to them lol.
That's simply not true. As long as you have a set goal in mind with your build, you can create anything.

Originally Posted by MWIS350
I would try to get 2011-14 ISF.
I concur. Are you looking to enjoy the car solely as a straight-line beast and occasional canyon runs or are you thinking about taking it out on the track every once in a while (as the car was designed to do)? If the former, grab an 08-09 MY. If the latter, you'll probably be better off in the long run with paying the higher initial cost for an 11+ MY IS-F and having the revised suspension/steering ECU plus Torsen LSD rather than having to go aftermarket in the future with the 08-09 IS-F (unless you plan on getting Penske Coilovers and an OS Giken TCD).
Old 08-31-16, 12:14 PM
geero
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mahcah
Yeah student loans are one of the worst loans. You can't declare bankrupt on them. They are with you for life. I have a relative who just graduated from pharmacy; she's working now but the debt takes 40% of her take home pay per month. Twice my mortgage.
yeah school loans are tough but im sure your relative pharmacist is taking home more after loans than they would if they didn't go to graduate school. school is the BEST option if you want a career. this is not the case for those who goes to school just to say they go to school and not know what they want to be, now that would be a complete waste fo time and money. i myself finished graduate school in the medical field and have zero regrets. you want advice? find a career, play later.
Old 08-31-16, 12:17 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Y stop you ? let u taste the life in the F lolz we call it F life in this forum :P
Old 08-31-16, 12:28 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by geero
yeah school loans are tough but im sure your relative pharmacist is taking home more after loans than they would if they didn't go to graduate school. school is the BEST option if you want a career. this is not the case for those who goes to school just to say they go to school and not know what they want to be, now that would be a complete waste fo time and money. i myself finished graduate school in the medical field and have zero regrets. you want advice? find a career, play later.
Just by working doing my job I realize that the only way to make it in life is to go to school and I regret not going from the start. But once I got my F and I finish off these contracts and what not I'm going straight back to school. I work 2 jobs by the way in case your wondering how I plan to survive. And I'm sure I can still handle another work contract while in school. Without College your basically just making your life harder than it actually has to be and not earning as much money as you could in the long run.
Old 08-31-16, 12:53 PM
geero
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

i think you just answered your own question. keep your IS350 as is, focus on school and i promise you that you will be posting your new ride with everything you could possible want on it in a few short years. i assure you, most IS-F owners here are career-oriented owners unless they are born with money or bought a used one from a career-oriented owner.
Old 08-31-16, 04:28 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

U don't have to be exactly like your brother with the marriage thing but he probably has a bunch of equity in the house now and can buy 3 ISFs cash. so see it might not be a bad choice, plus u won't have to worry bout the car payments 😛
Old 08-31-16, 04:33 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jspecvtec
U don't have to be exactly like your brother with the marriage thing but he probably has a bunch of equity in the house now and can buy 3 ISFs cash. so see it might not be a bad choice, plus u won't have to worry bout the car payments 😛
Yeah he's refinanced his house already and bought some nice things with the cash but even though he can probably afford to buy one of his dream cars (13' GT500 or GT350) his thinks it's a stupid idea... Yup. My other brother hasn't refinanced his house yet but he makes a nice amount doing what he does, especially since his wife got a huge bonus at work for being there for over 10 years. And even then he still can't do what he wants. It's sad if you ask me but hey like some one else on the forum said " happy wife equals happy life". I'd honestly rather have money lol.
Old 08-31-16, 04:36 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Can we please get back to the topic guys? The thread is about me modding my IS350 and going all out on it, or saving up money to sell and buy an ISF. The question is NOT whether I should get a house or not. Once again.. Keep the 350 and break necks? OR get an ISF and hurt feelings...

Quick Reply: Please stop me before..