IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Please stop me before..

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-16, 02:11 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Snow
Haha, maybe not the IS350 but definitely the IS250. My friend's IS350 is pretty fast in the lower power band but after that it doesn't hold up. Plus the IS250 and IS350 suspension is so smooth so it feels more like a luxury car than a sports sedan whereas the ISF lacks many luxury option and has a stiffer suspension with tighter steering so it feels more "race-car" like.
You know as I get older and drive my IS350 more and more (I'm still young) I realize I dont actually care for a soft smooth ride as much as I once did. As a matter of fact my 350 is currently tucking all around and on BC Coilovers set to max stiff. I still think it needs more stiff hahaha
Old 08-30-16, 02:12 PM
JDM-V8FL
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

If you haven't go test drive an Isf make sure to put it on sports mode! It's a game changer!! I had an is 350 before but always had my eye on an F !! Once I was ready to buy it took me 5 months to find the perfect one but it was well worth it
Old 08-30-16, 02:13 PM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I am normally the only IS-F at Car and Coffee. People show quite a bit of interest in the F. The RR Racing goodies under the hood catch people's eyes.
Old 08-30-16, 02:16 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by wmjeffreyw
I am normally the only IS-F at Car and Coffee. People show quite a bit of interest in the F. The RR Racing goodies under the hood catch people's eyes.
If you have the RR Racing tuned intake then that makes perfect sense. That thing is beautiful!!
Old 08-30-16, 02:40 PM
SubOrbital
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Why not Chevy SS?

First post was a wall of text, wasn't sure what you were asking. Modified lower trim cars < stock higher trim cars, IMO.
Old 08-30-16, 03:26 PM
Jmt1011
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What is next on your list besides a car? Looking to buy a house, pay off school loans, things like that. Cars are fun and the F is a blast, but it took me years before I was in the right place. I enjoy it more now that I have other things settled in my life. Or you can say **** it, live at home with the rents and buy a baller car!😜😜😜😜
Old 08-30-16, 03:26 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SubOrbital
Why not Chevy SS?

First post was a wall of text, wasn't sure what you were asking. Modified lower trim cars < stock higher trim cars, IMO.
It was an incredibly long explanation of my situation.. But basically. Remind me why I should get an ISF over making my 350 show worthy.
Old 08-30-16, 04:36 PM
gravesg
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Get Carmax to value your car ... they normally pay alot more for vehicles than most dealers.

Old 08-30-16, 04:41 PM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Tro209
It was an incredibly long explanation of my situation.. But basically. Remind me why I should get an ISF over making my 350 show worthy.
I think I can help simplify this quandary. IMO, it's all about what kind of car guy you are. If you're financially in a good position to do either, I'd ask you this: Do you think of yourself as more of a gear-head or an artist? If it's the former, go for the IS-F and enjoy an often overlooked automotive gem.. If it's the latter, keep the IS350 and make it something special that makes other Lexus owners proud

If you want my option, it's IS-F all the way!!

-Mike
Old 08-30-16, 04:42 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gravesg
Get Carmax to value your car ... they normally pay alot more for vehicles than most dealers.

That's the thing, back when I had approximately 25k miles less (about 7-8 months ago) they offered me a bit over $9k.. I still had my stocks, wasn't that low, fenders weren't Shaved and ugly, and the car was generally in a more sellable condition. Yet they low balled me on that offer. I said no thanks and figured I'd rather keep modifying it instead. But nowadays I see that on the street you can sell these for around $9-10k even with higher miles than mine. Mine is almost a fully loaded car too, I have Mark Levinson, navigation, Sport package, and everything other than illuminated door sills, sunshade, and that parking sensors. Screw that if Carmax thinks I'm giving it to them for that cheap..
Old 08-30-16, 04:47 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Jmt1011
What is next on your list besides a car? Looking to buy a house, pay off school loans, things like that. Cars are fun and the F is a blast, but it took me years before I was in the right place. I enjoy it more now that I have other things settled in my life. Or you can say **** it, live at home with the rents and buy a baller car!😜😜😜😜
A house is in the cards soon but having the ISF payment won't deter me from getting from one. I'm single, barely turned 22 and not looking into buying a house yet. I pay rent to my folks tho if that's anything lol. I was actually considering selling the is350 for a decent price, getting the ISF, and saving the money I get from the 350 and adding on from there to have a decent payment on a house later on.. But that's not till like later later on lol.
Old 08-30-16, 04:52 PM
gravesg
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Tro209
That's the thing, back when I had approximately 25k miles less (about 7-8 months ago) they offered me a bit over $9k.. I still had my stocks, wasn't that low, fenders weren't Shaved and ugly, and the car was generally in a more sellable condition. Yet they low balled me on that offer. I said no thanks and figured I'd rather keep modifying it instead. But nowadays I see that on the street you can sell these for around $9-10k even with higher miles than mine. Mine is almost a fully loaded car too, I have Mark Levinson, navigation, Sport package, and everything other than illuminated door sills, sunshade, and that parking sensors. Screw that if Carmax thinks I'm giving it to them for that cheap..
lol, yea i do realize they have to make some money to, i beat the brakes off them with my g35 .. gave me 8k ... motor was burning a quart every 1000 miles. wiper sprayer didn't work .. front bumper had damgage and the console part was starting to crack.

they still gave me 8k for it with 99.7k miles on it lol.

but aint nothing like an F .. the alternitive is to find a dealer with an F who is willing to give you somewhere close to what you want.

as a finance guy ... nothing wrong with giving the cx what he wants but its all value related ... if i buy your car for 12k and kbb on it in perfect condition is 12k, and i mark it up to 13 to sell ... its still a risk for a few reason ... the main being ... will a bank finance the car, will i have to put money in it to make it sellable, and who's my target market ...

just some stuff to keep in mind.

sidenote: people love speed... high horsepower cars never have a problem selling ... anytime we had a vehicle over 400hp .. we couldn't get it to last a week.
Old 08-30-16, 05:00 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SubOrbital
Why not Chevy SS?

I've been in and test drove a Chevy SS with my brother not that long ago out of curiosity to see how it compared to his G8 GT. Let's just say I'm not impressed. The exterior is boring in my opinion, the power was whatever since we compared it to his exhaust, header tuned G8 (obviously) and in the end the only cool thing about it was the interior. Which even at that point is not that much better than an ISF interior other than the fact that it's more roomy. I gotta say I expected more out of it then what we experienced. Oh and on top of that it's still over $30k easily and it has a more boring traditional automatic compared to the 8 speed in the ISF. No contest between the two in my opinion.
Old 08-30-16, 05:10 PM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

they're both Lexus and the same chassis and all, but I can't even compare the ISF and the ISx50. It just doesn't compare...
Old 08-30-16, 05:17 PM
geero
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I leased a 3IS350 F-Sport two years ago, fully loaded. Loved the car, thought the sound system was great for stock, dropped the car on 19" Work VS-XX and received a lot of complements on the car. But something still felt missing. I see 3IS everywhere I go and didn't feel that the car was anything special. I found myself constantly looking for used IS-F's on forums and Craigslist until I found a low-mileage '08 SFP. Once I did a visual inspection and test drove the car, I knew what I was missing. IS-F is the perfect car, its practical being a sedan, its fast, its exclusive, its fast, its reliable, its fast, and oh its also fast. Everyday I look forward to driving my car.

Quick Reply: Please stop me before..