New Member - Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-16, 11:13 AM
babyzilla
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member - Hello!

Wassup, fellow Lexus owners?!

I've been reading threads from this forum for quite some time, so I decided to join today. I just wanted to stop by and say hello!

I currently own a 2016 Tacoma 4x4, full-cab, TRD Sport, manual. I bought it to be mature and think about the future (prepare for family and whatnot)...but who am I kidding I'm still really young and I need to live a little! I've been looking for the right ISF, and it has definitely not been an easy search. Luckily, as you guys know, the Tacoma has amazing resale value. I've already put it up for sale So, I've narrowed it down to the 2011 model year. It seems as though 2011 and after is when the ISF received the upgraded suspension and other nice little things. Anything above 2011 has too high of an insurance cost. I live in MD, so there aren't many options around me. Out of all the ones I've checked out, only one has met my standards, but to be sure I am having a friend who lives in that state to check it out to be sure. It has just under 33k miles and is just under 40k...what do you guys think - any room to haggle? I'm trying to get it for 37k as I still have to ship it from wherever and then tax, tags, title, blah blah. I love the ISF - I think it's the perfect 4-door car all around. It's a shame it has been discontinued. I'm a jap fan, so I have no interest in the c63 or m3, or s/rs4 (although they are sexy cars). I just rather drive my car rather than leave it in a shop Also, are there any issues I should be aware of? I tried to do as much research as I possibly could. What I came up with so far are: headlight bubbling, coolant leak, and melting dash. It is to my understanding the majority of the water pump issues should've been solved before the 2011 model year. I hope I can be an ISF owner soon!!

-Reny

Last edited by babyzilla; 07-27-16 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-27-16, 11:53 AM
Jmt1011
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome! Is the car a CPO? If so $37k would be around the price in our area(I'm in NJ). Non CPO around $35,500 would be a fair number.
Old 07-27-16, 12:29 PM
babyzilla
Rookie

Thank you! Whoa...35,500?? That would be an amazing price personally speaking. The car is not a CPO. It's just at a used car dealership - seems more like a high-end used car dealership judging from their inventory. Car has clean carfax and pretty much checks out on everything else. Just need one of my friends to visually inspect it. It has a clear bra too!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there seems to be no negotiating with these cars. Anything I need to be aware of? Thanks for the input.
Old 07-27-16, 02:09 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

the Tacoma for daily and the F weekend warrior not too shabby just like me , early welcome aboard :P dont forget the to send us some crab cakes :P
Old 07-27-16, 02:18 PM
babyzilla
Rookie

Originally Posted by ISF4life
the Tacoma for daily and the F weekend warrior not too shabby just like me , early welcome aboard :P dont forget the to send us some crab cakes :P
Lol thank you. I think you misread my post though. Im selling the Tacoma - I wish I could afford both!
Old 07-27-16, 02:30 PM
Vance15
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by reny0519
Lol thank you. I think you misread my post though. Im selling the Tacoma - I wish I could afford both!
Yeah, lot of us are having trouble with the same thing. It's hard to have a family car, and one just for your own enjoyment.
Old 07-27-16, 02:46 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

my F is a commuter, track car , and family car. Its the THE perfect car
Old 07-27-16, 07:21 PM
TheBuyer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wassup, fellow Lexus owners?!

I've been reading threads from this forum for quite some time, so I decided to join today. I just wanted to stop by and say hello!

I currently own a 2016 Tacoma 4x4, full-cab, TRD Sport, manual. I bought it to be mature and think about the future (prepare for family and whatnot)...but who am I kidding I'm still really young and I need to live a little! I've been looking for the right ISF, and it has definitely not been an easy search. Luckily, as you guys know, the Tacoma has amazing resale value. I've already put it up for sale So, I've narrowed it down to the 2011 model year. It seems as though 2011 and after is when the ISF received the upgraded suspension and other nice little things. Anything above 2011 has too high of an insurance cost. I live in MD, so there aren't many options around me. Out of all the ones I've checked out, only one has met my standards, but to be sure I am having a friend who lives in that state to check it out to be sure. It has just under 33k miles and is just under 40k...what do you guys think - any room to haggle? I'm trying to get it for 37k as I still have to ship it from wherever and then tax, tags, title, blah blah. I love the ISF - I think it's the perfect 4-door car all around. It's a shame it has been discontinued. I'm a jap fan, so I have no interest in the c63 or m3, or s/rs4 (although they are sexy cars). I just rather drive my car rather than leave it in a shop Also, are there any issues I should be aware of? I tried to do as much research as I possibly could. What I came up with so far are: headlight bubbling, coolant leak, and melting dash. It is to my understanding the majority of the water pump issues should've been solved before the 2011 model year. I hope I can be an ISF owner soon!!

-Reny
Welcome to the site. If the F that you are looking at has a clean autocheck and carfax with no accidents or issues, then I think your offer of $37k is spot on. To double check to see if any panels were replaced, just look the vin stickers on the hood, all for doors and the decklid. Right now, the used car market is slow/declining and really doesn't start picking up until October or so. Doesn't hurt to start lower than that. Also, there aren't any huge issues to be worried about. The melting dash, water pump issues are rarely seen in 2011 and up.
Old 07-27-16, 10:08 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Welcome! I went from a 6" lifted Silverado to the F. Miss the truck, so I had to get a Jeep.

Let me know when its time to turn the F into a performance monster.. Or a slammed aesthetics machine.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 07-28-16, 06:22 AM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

congrats and welcome to the F family!!!
Old 07-28-16, 10:04 AM
babyzilla
Rookie

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

@I8ABMR: I don't plan on tracking my car, but that's great to hear lol lexus reliability!
@ TheBuyer: Thank you for the tip. I was hoping to receive an answer like this.
@Meraki: I sure will! I don't think I'll miss the truck. Don't get me wrong the truck is great, but once the ms. and I get married I'll probably just get her a 4runner and call it a day lol
Old 07-28-16, 11:05 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Has to be a TRD Pro then. :P

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 07-28-16, 11:11 AM
babyzilla
Rookie

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Has to be a TRD Pro then. :P

-Josh
I just love how we all have such great taste on this forum lol my brother has the orange one! I may buy it off of him when the time comes
Old 07-28-16, 11:24 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

@Meraki: I sure will! I don't think I'll miss the truck. Don't get me wrong the truck is great, but once the ms. and I get married I'll probably just get her a 4runner and call it a day lol
Don't say you won't miss the truck. I kinda miss being able to throw crap from the hardware store in the back and go. Can't exactly put a whole sheet of plywood in the F LOL.
Welcome btw.
Old 07-28-16, 11:30 AM
babyzilla
Rookie

Originally Posted by Lmood
Don't say you won't miss the truck. I kinda miss being able to throw crap from the hardware store in the back and go. Can't exactly put a whole sheet of plywood in the F LOL.
Welcome btw.
hahaha very true. the one thing im still trying to figure out is how im going to carry my mountain bike. no way in hell am i putting a bike rack on the back of the F lmao
and thanks, bud

Quick Reply: New Member - Hello!