Managed to hit the track before year end last year. Was brilliant
Old 01-22-17, 10:49 AM
autoz4me
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by AshBechan
Managed to hit the track before year end last year. Was brilliant
Nice man.

Having TRD SUSPENSION myself I'm guessing the car was really stable and the steering was quite direct and the handling no doubt was pretty neutral.

What tyres did you use?
The following users liked this post:
AshBechan (01-25-17)
Old 01-25-17, 01:22 PM
Piciu
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on the car, the whole package looks just amazing! And, as other guys already said, our regular IS-Fs look so 'poor' now :/

As you had face lifted model before, how would you compare suspension and body roll?
AshBechan (01-25-17)
Old 01-25-17, 06:54 PM
AshBechan
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by autoz4me
Nice man.

Having TRD SUSPENSION myself I'm guessing the car was really stable and the steering was quite direct and the handling no doubt was pretty neutral.

What tyres did you use?
Hi Coryn,

The tyres were the crappy ones already fitted to the wheels, which were fine for what they were but since they were brand new I wanted to get rid of them properly I will be switching to AD08R next so that is on the cards. The suspension was great albeit a bit too soft on the dampers so I will find some time to firm that up but in terms of roll and weight transfer, I had enough forward movement when braking so it was stable and noticeable weight side to side but not enough to throw the car off it's line.
Old 01-25-17, 06:56 PM
AshBechan
Rookie

Originally Posted by Piciu
Congrats on the car, the whole package looks just amazing! And, as other guys already said, our regular IS-Fs look so 'poor' now :/

As you had face lifted model before, how would you compare suspension and body roll?
Thank you kind sir, I will say the stock car was really good, I did notice some roll but it was ok for the weight of the car (in my opinion). With the TRD stuff, roll is actually really good, there is weight transfer but not nearly as prominent as the stock car. Rear end wise, the car was much easier to get back into line coming out of a corner than the old one was, but that could just be me.
Old 01-27-17, 12:17 AM
Piciu
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds good.
What about under steer? Did you notice any difference?

I'm still struggling with myself, as I promised not to mod this car, but suspension and HKS exhaust plus TRD bonnet are tempting as hell...
Old 01-27-17, 06:25 AM
AshBechan
Rookie

Originally Posted by Piciu
Sounds good.
What about under steer? Did you notice any difference?

I'm still struggling with myself, as I promised not to mod this car, but suspension and HKS exhaust plus TRD bonnet are tempting as hell...

Underhood temps I could say I didnt notice any difference but again extra cooling isnt so bad I think. Understeer was not present during the 4 sessions I did, perfectly well turn in and actually very stable exit unless I intentionally made it oversteer
Old 02-08-17, 11:44 PM
AshBechan
Rookie

Small update with no pictures yet

I managed to firm up the front suspension dampening and rebound due to it being overly soft for a comfortable ride however allowed the wheels to tuck inside the guard and rub the inner wheel liner when going over certain dips in the road at speed.

Ride comfort is perfect for me since I dont really mind a harsher ride, but the wheels no absorb all the dips and bumps with no further rubbing. Adjusting the coilovers with the independent reservoir is amazingly easy and simple with no removing the wheel to adjust the coilover itself.

I managed to track down a genuine brand new ARC Titanium gear ****. Nothing special but I really love old school Japanese parts and ARC is a favorite of mine. Pictures to come shortly.

I also found a DST engine cover....nothing exciting at all I know and I know further more a lot of IS-F owners in the States and abroad have the 2014 Dynamic Sports Tuning optioned car however in New Zealand there is nothing so having the engine cover is just as rare as the car itself (A lie I tell myself since it cost too much). Only difference is it is a shade in between the early year silver engine cover and later model black cover, it is more metallic or gunmetal with a orange stripe running along the F logo where the blue normally is.
Old 02-09-17, 12:14 PM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by AshBechan
I also found a DST engine cover....nothing exciting at all I know and I know further more a lot of IS-F owners in the States and abroad have the 2014 Dynamic Sports Tuning optioned car however in New Zealand there is nothing so having the engine cover is just as rare as the car itself (A lie I tell myself since it cost too much). Only difference is it is a shade in between the early year silver engine cover and later model black cover, it is more metallic or gunmetal with a orange stripe running along the F logo where the blue normally is.
Too bad its not CF, that would be awesome!
-R
Old 02-09-17, 07:41 PM
AshBechan
Rookie

Originally Posted by FNSSESPORT
Too bad its not CF, that would be awesome!
-R
I wish it was carbon believe me but it's OK, I am still happy having something sort of special on my car.

Old 02-10-17, 09:33 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Looks cool ash. Now and that diffuser out to get replicated! Lol
Old 02-10-17, 04:41 PM
AshBechan
Rookie

Originally Posted by Lmood
Looks cool ash. Now and that diffuser out to get replicated! Lol
hmm hahaha maybe some day when I get time. For now I just like going to work and back lol finally found the ARC shift **** too. Love it to bits

Old 02-13-17, 01:55 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 65 Posts

I wish the states had the option to get DST parts/package but its not offered in the states. Great pick up!!!! I saw recently in Japan a CCSP ISF with 15000 miles selling for 46 K.. I wish I was there to buy it..
AshBechan (02-13-17)
Old 02-13-17, 04:26 PM
AshBechan
Rookie

Thank you NotnFsport - I had no idea the DST package was not offered in the USA, I just assumed it would since Japan usually sends the best things there. In saying that, yes the DST package never came here either.
Old 03-24-17, 07:01 PM
AshBechan
Rookie

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is keeping well, I managed to bleed the brake fluid with some TRD (Motul) 600 for the track day a few days ago. Car handled a hell of a lot better with the Invo tyres which was a given seeing as my TE37's had some cheap rubber on them. Brake fluid still boiled but not as severely as previously so next on the to do list is brake pads and rotors.

All in all there was a lot more grip from the tyres so I am happy with how the car handled, I think more driver improvement and pads will help significantly in solving the brake boiling issue and cutting down lap times. Current pads are the TRD CCS-P pads which I think (To me personally) are not up to the task anymore.

On a side note, last session of the day when the sun was out at its fullest, the oil was 2 bars from H so that spooked me a little bit and I just slowed right down till it cooled off, that is something I did not see on my last track day and the oil is 2 days old Motul 300V. I am thinking oil cooler or I messed up some how but I am not sure if it is something serious atm. Maybe someone in the forums can shed some light please?

Quick Reply: Lexus IS-F CCS-P