Lexus IS-F CCS-P - Page 5 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion


IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexus IS-F CCS-P

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-16, 12:48 AM   #61
AshBechan
Driver School Candidate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Auckland
Posts: 49
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Hey bud,

Yeah I think we might know some of the same Supra people as well since your name is familiar but yeah my Supra is tucked away in the garage since last year Feb waiting for me to actually finish it

This is indeed the same car you heard of, the full CCS-P package that was used as a demo car by Lexus before being bought by the Giltrap manager and then sold to me luckily. Thank you so much for the compliments, I really do love this car.

Also to address the other question, the roof is carbonfiber wrapped so not the best but while it is on there it keeps my roof clean. I am going to either pull it all off and leave it white, pull it all off and either do a matte/gloss black or the worst case, make a carbonfiber skin and resin it onto the roof but I am not too sure on that part.
AshBechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 12:57 AM   #62
autoz4me
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: n/a
Posts: 68
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshBechan View Post
Hey bud,

Yeah I think we might know some of the same Supra people as well since your name is familiar but yeah my Supra is tucked away in the garage since last year Feb waiting for me to actually finish it

This is indeed the same car you heard of, the full CCS-P package that was used as a demo car by Lexus before being bought by the Giltrap manager and then sold to me luckily. Thank you so much for the compliments, I really do love this car.

Also to address the other question, the roof is carbonfiber wrapped so not the best but while it is on there it keeps my roof clean. I am going to either pull it all off and leave it white, pull it all off and either do a matte/gloss black or the worst case, make a carbonfiber skin and resin it onto the roof but I am not too sure on that part.
Nice its Coryn from WGTN #plates 2jzgte may have met you at Andy's GTR track-day @ Taupo maybe.

Anyway back to your car man,that bad Boyz a keeper for sure.You want to talk rare well you got rare the full monty parts wise.If would be hard to find anything aftermarket as well made as what you've got as before man I'm jealous hahahaha..

Have you driven it much?

TRD suspension if it's anything like the Supra TRD suspension like I've got I bet the thing handles great when your humming along?
autoz4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 01:03 AM   #63
AshBechan
Driver School Candidate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Auckland
Posts: 49
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Hi Coryn,

Your name escaped me the first time but I knew the forum tag because it is the same on the Australian forum

I know it is limited numbers ever produced but Yaguchi-San the designer only gave me a number he believes is correct with no official Lexus comment so I cannot really say how many are out there but from his count it is very very rare.

I have finally had a chance to drive it these past few days but as I was overseas for a month I have not had a chance to push it yet so will wait for a track day to come up. Exhaust is very quiet, suspension is beautiful with absorbing the dips but providing great feedback under acceleration so as far as I have used it which is daily use it is handling great.
AshBechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 01:07 AM   #64
autoz4me
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: n/a
Posts: 68
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewISF View Post
Wow! That is an amazing car you have there, and I especially like the 'F' weaved into the spoiler. I checked out the thread that showed the prices and the Stage 3 package is over $50,000!
Ash is a very lucky man ever since I've been following the F I've only ever seen 2 of these CCP F's for sale 1 in Japan and this ex Toyota New Zealand demo car.

I heard heaps of rumours about this car and never believed it existed until now and I'mglad its gone to a good owner and home.
autoz4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 01:12 AM   #65
autoz4me
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: n/a
Posts: 68
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshBechan View Post
Hi Coryn,

Your name escaped me the first time but I knew the forum tag because it is the same on the Australian forum

I know it is limited numbers ever produced but Yaguchi-San the designer only gave me a number he believes is correct with no official Lexus comment so I cannot really say how many are out there but from his count it is very very rare.

I have finally had a chance to drive it these past few days but as I was overseas for a month I have not had a chance to push it yet so will wait for a track day to come up. Exhaust is very quiet, suspension is beautiful with absorbing the dips but providing great feedback under acceleration so as far as I have used it which is daily use it is handling great.
Nice I won't embarrass you and ask how much it cost but I hope you got it for a price you' we're happy with and being an ex demo car I'm sure it's been well looked after.

I see it has the forged aluminium wheels not the magnesium ones Iactually prefer the wheels on your car than the latter magnesium wheels.

The price to replace or get any of those carbon parts as you probably well know is let say up there.

Anyway man good to see the car is in good hands.
autoz4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 01:31 AM   #66
AshBechan
Driver School Candidate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Auckland
Posts: 49
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I cannot complain about the price Coryn as selling my original IS-F helped a little in offsetting the cost of the new one, but when I sat down and planned what I wanted to do to the imported IS-F to bring it up to something I would be happy with it made more sense to buy a New Zealand new one with everything already done, it was just a bonus it was the CCS-P.

The magnesium wheels are currently stored at Lexus in the city for this car, it came with both sets and I really cannot afford to fix any damage to them so I will look to sell them off as I prefer these over the multi spoke.

The carbon on this car is not 100% that is the truth, it has been scrapped etc as it was a demo/private car. I will be fixing all of these little issues at work to ensure it is brand new and further more I heard TRD stopped producing the CCS-P optional parts? So I think this may well be the end. I do love the differential though, it feels a lot tighter than the torsen.

I have things I would love to do but it will happen slowly. I want to clean the interior properly meaning seats out (Which need a very good clean as they are cream and not white ), clean the carpets and hopefully get the watermarks out of the windows/mirrors. Paint will need some love but I will be more than capable of that and then it will be a further strip down of the suspension etc to clean that.

I sound negative but this is the truth of the matter, I love this car very much and hopefully I will just make people happy to see something being taken care off properly.
AshBechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 01:53 AM   #67
autoz4me
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: n/a
Posts: 68
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshBechan View Post
I cannot complain about the price Coryn as selling my original IS-F helped a little in offsetting the cost of the new one, but when I sat down and planned what I wanted to do to the imported IS-F to bring it up to something I would be happy with it made more sense to buy a New Zealand new one with everything already done, it was just a bonus it was the CCS-P.

The magnesium wheels are currently stored at Lexus in the city for this car, it came with both sets and I really cannot afford to fix any damage to them so I will look to sell them off as I prefer these over the multi spoke.

The carbon on this car is not 100% that is the truth, it has been scrapped etc as it was a demo/private car. I will be fixing all of these little issues at work to ensure it is brand new and further more I heard TRD stopped producing the CCS-P optional parts? So I think this may well be the end. I do love the differential though, it feels a lot tighter than the torsen.

I have things I would love to do but it will happen slowly. I want to clean the interior properly meaning seats out (Which need a very good clean as they are cream and not white ), clean the carpets and hopefully get the watermarks out of the windows/mirrors. Paint will need some love but I will be more than capable of that and then it will be a further strip down of the suspension etc to clean that.

I sound negative but this is the truth of the matter, I love this car very much and hopefully I will just make people happy to see something being taken care off properly.
Those magnesium wheels will be worth alot of money man make sure you get paid for those they are about as rare as it gets when it comes to wheels also.I'm pretty sure there made by BBS.I remember seeing a price for those magnesium wheels and they were almost twice the price per wheel of the aluminium ones so yeah make sure you get pretty penny for those.

The diff is a bespoke item made by a German crowd called Drexler or something close to that anyway.Again it's very very rare.

So the diffusers and all they are all genuine TRD parts right or aren't they ?

I'm assuming the roof is the wrap bit you're referring to when saying these carbon parts aren't what they seem.

Last edited by autoz4me; 08-15-16 at 02:10 AM.
autoz4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 01:58 AM   #68
AshBechan
Driver School Candidate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Auckland
Posts: 49
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Hi Coryn,

Yes indeed, I will see who wants them and how much I can get for them otherwise they will stay with the shop as I dont have space. I bought some TE37's for the track so they will be at home for track duties.

Everything bar the roof wrap is genuine TRD. I confirmed the bonnet and rear diffuser part numbers when I checked them, I pulled the diffuser off to clean is and asses its condition. The front carbon lips are TRD marked as well. Only reason I want to remove them gradually is to repair the underneath damage they have suffered from previous people not caring about the driveways etc, that I can do at work as we work with carbon so it really is not a big deal.

The suspension is indeed the separate damper adjustment set up so I am itching to play with them before track time.

The roof I am still undecided on so will think it over as to the next course of action.
AshBechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 02:19 AM   #69
autoz4me
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: n/a
Posts: 68
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshBechan View Post
Hi Coryn,

Yes indeed, I will see who wants them and how much I can get for them otherwise they will stay with the shop as I dont have space. I bought some TE37's for the track so they will be at home for track duties.

Everything bar the roof wrap is genuine TRD. I confirmed the bonnet and rear diffuser part numbers when I checked them, I pulled the diffuser off to clean is and asses its condition. The front carbon lips are TRD marked as well. Only reason I want to remove them gradually is to repair the underneath damage they have suffered from previous people not caring about the driveways etc, that I can do at work as we work with carbon so it really is not a big deal.

The suspension is indeed the separate damper adjustment set up so I am itching to play with them before track time.

The roof I am still undecided on so will think it over as to the next course of action.
From what I can recall I believe there were 2 suspension setups for the F from TRD a fixed setup and a 2 or 3 way adjustable setup.I'm not sure I there just height adjustable or the shock rates are adjustable you'll probably be able to fill us in more when you get a good look under there.

Just a bit more info about your diff you have it's a 1.5 way made by Drexler in Germany.They have a really good rep apparently doing some searching around the net about them.

What size TE37s did you get ? I'm assuming 18s ?

Are you going to use Slicks or Semi's.

I'm surprised you could find any with the right offsets.

Its surprising to me a lot of track guys on here just use wide road rubber not even touching semi's.

Me I'd go18's for the track run a square setup 9.5 on each corner and run 280 wide Dunlop D31s on all 4 corners.Mind you that's just me lol.grip grip and more grip.
autoz4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 02:42 AM   #70
AshBechan
Driver School Candidate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Auckland
Posts: 49
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Hi Coryn,

Yes indeed, there was the fixed adjustable suspension where damper was correlated to coilover height and then there is my setup which is coilover height independent of damper settings. I will make sure to snap enough photos for you guys once I start pulling things apart for cleaning or restoring. I took pictures of the rear diffuser if anyone is interested.

I found some 19" TE37's that I couldnt pass up for the price. It comes with some crappy rubber on there that I will use up on skid pan days or play days before getting some decent semi slick's on there. I ended up with a 8.5/9.5 wheel set up but that was purely because it is second hand so I did not have much of a choice. Price wise the 19" was the same if not cheaper than I could find 18" so I am happy. Also flush offset amazingly, so very very lucky!!

I do want full grip though so once these tyres are done I will switch to proper tyres for track use.

PS. I have new Rays stickers for the wheels so they will at least look nice and fresh against the clean car.


AshBechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 03:12 AM   #71
autoz4me
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: n/a
Posts: 68
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default



Did you get those off trademe??

I think I remember them they were on a 370Z if there the ones I'm thinking of.

Anyway if you didn't know I'm a TE37 fiend I'm up to my 5th set on my Supra hahaha currently running a set of SL's

When I used to track the car I ran a square setup with 17 X 9.5' +40 offset offset TE37s like yours.Only difference is I ran a 265/625/R17 Dunlop D11 race slick.

Tons of grip and so much fun when your driving quick.The slicks even tell you when there going to let go lol.
autoz4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 03:52 AM   #72
Ltaboso
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: new york
Posts: 325
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshBechan View Post
Hi Coryn,

Yes indeed, there was the fixed adjustable suspension where damper was correlated to coilover height and then there is my setup which is coilover height independent of damper settings. I will make sure to snap enough photos for you guys once I start pulling things apart for cleaning or restoring. I took pictures of the rear diffuser if anyone is interested.

I found some 19" TE37's that I couldnt pass up for the price. It comes with some crappy rubber on there that I will use up on skid pan days or play days before getting some decent semi slick's on there. I ended up with a 8.5/9.5 wheel set up but that was purely because it is second hand so I did not have much of a choice. Price wise the 19" was the same if not cheaper than I could find 18" so I am happy. Also flush offset amazingly, so very very lucky!!

you have the specs of those TE37s?
I do want full grip though so once these tyres are done I will switch to proper tyres for track use.

PS. I have new Rays stickers for the wheels so they will at least look nice and fresh against the clean car.
do you have the specs on those te37s?
Ltaboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 11:46 AM   #73
AshBechan
Driver School Candidate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Auckland
Posts: 49
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltaboso View Post
do you have the specs on those te37s?
Hey bud,

Fronts +26 Rear is +39, will show you fitment once it's on the car.
AshBechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 01:17 PM   #74
autoz4me
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: n/a
Posts: 68
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Ash did you ever think about using maybe the magnesium wheels or those Aluminium wheels as a track option??

I think the wheels on the car now would be a really good track option as even though there a staggered figment 9.5 and 8.5 I know you'd still get a 255 on the front and upto a 285 on the back.

Aslo read somewhere that those aluminium wheels were in total 10-15 kgs lighter a corner than the factory wheels which is a huge advantage in the rolling weight stakes.
autoz4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-16, 12:05 AM   #75
AshBechan
Driver School Candidate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Auckland
Posts: 49
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Hi Coryn,

I had debated using the magnesium wheels as track wheels but the money to repair any damage and the fact that I would hate to damage rare parts means I would love to see them sold and cared for rather than abused lol plus I doubt a set of 19" TE37's would come up often so I had to grab them instead.
AshBechan is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CCS-P Aero Installation instructions FNSSESPORT IS F (2008-2014) 45 07-02-17 06:34 AM
@Aqguam's IS350 F-Sport on Vossen CVTs kchow510 IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) 22 06-02-17 05:08 PM
Official: IS F Circuit Club Sports - Parts (ISF CCS-P) flipside909 IS F (2008-2014) 35 03-23-17 08:44 AM
CA 2006 IS250 Clean Title, One Owner, 109k mi, P0751 Issue, Asking $7k smirnoffsk Lexus Vehicles Classifieds 3 03-04-17 06:39 PM
Who says the is-f has been discontinued? My friend builds a 2015 KJH IS F (2008-2014) 56 11-03-15 07:35 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:06 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2017 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: