IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2013 headlights (LED)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-16, 06:50 AM
ISFinferno
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2013 headlights (LED)

okay I just spent over an hour reading the forum about the Installation of the 2012 headlight onto a 2006 thru 2008. does anyone have the easiest answer on how to install them and have them working like original with the led at 50 when lights are on and at 100 when they are off. Please any advise anyone. I'm losing my mind. I was told all I had to do was repin the harness or the new headlight to match my existing car wiring. also is it tru that I can still keep afs working what can I do.
Old 06-22-16, 06:55 AM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

The answer below is in red.

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Finally, adding some much needed "Light" to this thread....... !!!

Some things to know... If you buy a pre-made kit, you don't have to deal with any of this stuff...

The only thing you have to do is swap the Flasher Relay cube, which sits in the space above the Brake & Gas pedal under the dash.

If you have an IS with AFS, you will indeed get a flashing AFS indicator light.. If you have an IS with just the Halogen headlights, you will not have a flashing AFS indicator.

So far the only known way to stop the blinking AFS light, is to crack open the cluster and block the light that passes through that area with something Black.

Also, the bumper brackets that screw into the bottom of the headlights, will need slight modifications to be attached to the new MY2011 lights.. Basically dremeling some of it off that sits over the LED wire dome cap on the underside of the housings.
But still, only 2 screws will line up after that.

I tried the new step mentioned, of only swapping the GREEN wire location, that DID NOT work on my 2008 IS-F.

So I went with what "thinktwice" originally did..
I snipped the thinner solid red wire, then tapped it into the Black & White wire underneath it..
Then I changed the pin location of the Green Wire to the empty spot... Done.!!

I also tested the Solid Black wire and Solid Green wire to confirm the differences between the 50% & 100% brightness of the LED strip.
I went with 100% power.

Also, the new Flasher relay needed is indeed Lexus / Toyota Part # 81980-06020
That takes all of about 5 minutes to find unplug & replug the new unit.

I only got pics of the Flasher swap so far.. (I was in a rush)

I will try to update this post in the near future with how the wiring looks before and after the slight modification done to the primary male plug connector on the new headlight.

Thanks for all input in this thread..!!

Regards,

~ Joe Z

Picture 1 = NEW Relay

Picture 2 = NEW Relay and Old Relay, side-by-side

Picture 3 = Old Relay & Location (mine was green & blue)

Picture 4 = New Relay & Location (brown & black)

Picture 5 = Pearl Yellow LFA #P014 & MY IS-F
Old 06-22-16, 07:13 AM
ISFinferno
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

do you have any images by any chance. I see it says it make the led 100 percent but is there a way to have them 50 while the light is on and then 100 when the light is off.
Old 06-23-16, 10:55 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The relay does the work for you switching between 50 and 100%. It's confusing because there are different paths you can take to basically the same result, and when this was the big thing, some were working with lights repined by Sewell and some weren't.

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong, since it's been a while, but when you get the lights, you'll see a few wires going into the bottom of the housing. These are for the LEDs. You can get to the black and green wires from there. After that you'll want to tap the low beam and parking lights from the fuse box and wire it all up to the 5 pin relay as JoeZ shows in his diagram.

I wanted mine to be on all the time and go to 50% when the low beams are on so instead of the parking light fuse, I used the ignition fuse.
Old 08-29-16, 08:29 PM
JRpaints
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mahcah
The answer below is in red.
Any more details on the verbage "in red"? I am in the same boat. I've spent days searching the forums trying to figure out how to wire my LEDs. Lights have been installed for weeks now. The relay swap is easy, rewiring or repining, not so much. Pics of harness before/after would be awesome!
Side note: first post! Lol. Hope to get a reply, thanks in advance!

Last edited by JRpaints; 08-29-16 at 08:33 PM.