http://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/l...r02-53080.html

End Links-
http://www.rockauto.com/?carcode=1445204&parttype=7580
Old 06-02-16, 06:32 PM
H1_OFICR
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by clarionguy
I too added the bar - bought new end links - I tried first without doing it but it was not possible to get the stock ones off nicely.
You have to judge based on your milelage / environment its been through.

I remember that if you are replacing the end link the control arm sandwiches the endlink - do not hammer it - I believe just loosen the large bolt on the bottom and it will give it relief to be removed.
Thank you so much for this.. I spent a hour under my car trying to get it to fit and have been driving around rear sway bar less lol.. I'm going to go out and try to put it in tomorrow. Man I love this forum.
Old 06-03-16, 06:46 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 243 Likes on 166 Posts

Do you replace the flange nuts or reuse the originals?
Old 06-03-16, 03:34 PM
H1_OFICR
Pole Position

When I bought the f sport bar it already had new endlinks. So I just used them.. I actually got under my car with an electric impact wrench and loosened the bolt that holds the lower part of the shock in the lower control arm and the end link slipped right in!
Old 04-23-17, 02:48 PM
andy08isf
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rickna
Do these part numbers also fit a 2008?
Old 04-23-17, 02:58 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,947 Likes on 1,371 Posts

^^^^I know the sway bar does. The end links should. 2010 ISF and 2008 ISF use the same end links.

Lou
Old 04-23-17, 03:32 PM
andy08isf
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rickna
Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^I know the sway bar does. The end links should. 2010 ISF and 2008 ISF use the same end links.

Lou
Awesome, thanks!!!
Old 04-23-17, 06:12 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,080 Likes on 2,472 Posts

Put stiffer springs in the front and call it a day with the OEM swaybar. You're only masking soft front springs with a stiffer rear swaybar.
Old 04-23-17, 07:19 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Put stiffer springs in the front and call it a day with the OEM swaybar. You're only masking soft front springs with a stiffer rear swaybar.
Sorry Lance, to disagree here. I do not consider the front ISF springs soft, and once the USRS LCA bushings are added to the front, the car is transformed IMHO. And I have had the F-Sport rear bar on my F for a bit over 8 years now. Improved handling a lot. The minor changes I have made, including the RCF wheels with 255 and 295 tires have turned my ISF into a sure footed handling animal.

Lou
Old 04-23-17, 07:21 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by flowrider
Sorry Lance, to disagree here. I do not consider the front ISF springs soft, and once the USRS LCA bushings are added to the front, the car is transformed IMHO. And I have had the F-Sport rear bar on my F for a bit over 8 years now. Improved handling a lot. The minor changes I have made, including the RCF wheels with 255 and 295 tires have turned my ISF into a sure footed handling animal.

Lou
You've never been on a track. You don't know what you're saying here. Swaybars are a BANDAID and should be the LAST thing you change not the first.
The following 2 users liked this post by lobuxracer:
EricNguyen (11-28-20), Piston1047 (04-24-17)
Old 04-23-17, 07:43 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^Lance, I won't get sucked into an argument with you. Suffice it to say, IMO, you are very wrong. No, I have never been on a track, I value my F too much, than to take such a chance with it. However, did you happen to read my thread about my run-in with a C7 coming down from Lake Arrowhead?

I've been driving for 60 years now, and I know a poor handling car from a good handling car from a superior handling car. I've driven Porches, Vetts and many other vehicles over the years. I'd put my F up against any one of them. I do know what I'm saying. And I'm done. There's absolutely no reason to argue with you. So, I won't.

Lou
Old 04-23-17, 07:54 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

The stock front springs let the inside rear wheel OFF THE GROUND in a hard turn. AMHIK. Your swaybar helps bandaid this issue. A stiffer front spring eliminates it at the source.

I've tuned suspensions on sprint cars, and spent a lot of time figuring out chassis performance. I really don't care how your car feels on the street, you've never gone fast enough to find the true limits. BTDT, got multiple t-shirts for it.
The following 3 users liked this post by lobuxracer:
EricNguyen (11-28-20), Piston1047 (04-24-17), Supraman16 (04-24-17)
Old 10-10-17, 11:13 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

Lance,

Picking up this conversation from earlier this year about the front springs......... I've searched and haven't found any answers yet, but do you know the stock spring rates that Lexus used on the ISF for all model years 08-14?

Or anybody por favor
The following users liked this post:
tas02 (10-14-17)
Old 06-15-20, 01:02 PM
PJSnow
Pit Crew

Received 82 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by psixtc
I also did this upgrade when I had my F and noticed a difference.
I would suggest buying new endlinks right out of the gate and just leave the stock ones on the stock bar during removal. It saves a ton of headache and I was very impressed with how beefy the Mevotech ones from Rockauto were.
Just want to warn anyone planning to purchase the Mevotech end links from RockAuto or any other online parts vendor in the near future. I purchased the right and left end links in preparation to install the rear F Sport sway bar but I received an "old" end link three (3) times now...
The left end link came correct the first time with the grease fittings as shown in product photos but the right end link is an older design that does not have grease fittings. I exchanged it once with RockAuto but still received the wrong part so I decided to try CarPartsDiscount but the same issue. One occurrence could be a mistake, a second occurrence could be the vendor, but the third time from a different vendor is very suspicious. The vendors are putting blame on Mevotech and Mevotech puts blame on the vendors and I'm out shipping costs twice. Seems that there are several end links that are mis-boxed.
Not sure if/when the vendors will get this sorted but just a warning to those looking to purchase Mevotech in the near future. This is not to say anything about the quality of the end links, the left side link seems substantial and my only complaint is with their organization and product shipping.

Here are a few photos of the "old" part in the correct box:

The following users liked this post:
Rickna (06-15-20)
Old 06-17-20, 01:38 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Manufacturers got rid of the grease zerks many years ago because all they do is let the owner inject dirt into the joint and end the service life of the joint. I used to think they were nuts removing all those grease fittings, but after a discussion with someone who actually understood the problems it was clear they're not helping anyone.

Quick Reply: Rear Sway Bar for ISF