IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Has anyone gone from an ISF to a motorcycle?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-16, 03:09 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
I know people who have been riding their whole lives, rode cross country, in different countries, etc and are still alive today......
yeah, but not like socal , you can ride bike 360 days a year here , sport bike has the less lifespan of 5 to 7 yrs and cruiser bike has a lot longer. California population about 39 mils. how many does your have ?
Old 06-01-16, 03:50 PM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

This sums it up-

And in this case it's a good thing.
Old 06-01-16, 06:00 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF4life
yea, if u having this thought , 1st u go pick out a lot of which cemetery u want to buried, a casket and which flowers for the arrangement and prepaid in advantage. It will change how you going to do thing , especially sport bikes. I live here in Socal and witness a lot of accidents most were fatal involved in sport bikes. Last month , just right in front of my street on the way to work , there was a sport bike hitting a car about 45 mph his body less than 10 feet from that car. I seen worst then that . Be safe man, and keep the F

+1, saw a similar scene on I-17 north of Santa Cruz when I was visiting my sister in college. Bike was a GSXR1000, rider was dead and covered with a nylon. CHP was all over the place.

Not the way I would want to go.

Keep your car.
Old 06-01-16, 07:58 PM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

I found having a bike to be a constant compromise between what you WANT to do, and what you SHOULD do:

For example, on a bike, you'd love to:

1) ride around in shorts and sneakers....but, not a good idea unless you don't mind road rash
2) go out drinking beers with your buddies at happy hour...Pretty much the biggest no no on a bike
3) taking your lady out....everyone's either hot or cold, hair's a mess and you don't have what you need with you...good for a first date though
4) you want to go fast...But one thing goes just a bit wrong, one idiot on the road, etc and you're road rash or youre toast.

I found that I loved the idea of having a bike, and still love the feeling of how a bike "fits you" when you sit on it, the power underneath you...but, again, pretty much everything that seems like it would be fun to do on a bike is something you shouldn't do, so, that's why I no longer have a bike!

But, that's just my opinion!
Old 06-01-16, 09:38 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

I'm sure everyone knows someone who's been in a bike accident... almost oar for the course.
I recently lost a customer, and good friend, due to a bike accident. His teeth still to this day are implanted in the A pillar of the jeep he collided with head on. He lost an arm and a leg, pretty much bleed to death within 15-20 mins. He was on his brand new Harley and had been riding bikes for 20+ years, everyday for the most part.
The very next day, another customer had a car to pull out in from of him on his street bike.... broken arm, wrist and hand, and lacerations all over was the end result. Luckily he's still alive and recovering right now.
BUT....I'm sure we all know more people that have passed in car accidents than in bike accidents and that's not stopping us from driving/riding in cars....and the number of deaths per day in cars are FAR greater than in bikes....so OP, do whatever floats your boat! Your decision, your money, your life!!
Be safe regardless of what you decide on!

V.
Old 06-02-16, 12:07 PM
rmillsISF
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't say I went from one to another. I currently have the ISF and a Kawasaki Concours 14. Love them both. The bike is still faster, but they both have their place.
Old 06-02-16, 12:36 PM
ISFLexy
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Well after reading all your replies, and getting the big NO from the wife....doesn't look like i'll be going the bike route. Like pretty much all of you have said, I don't want to die and leave my family behind all because of some idiot on the road, as good as a rider that i can be i can't control others on the road.

It would be a blast to ride, but everything else kinda offsets that part. I was looking to ride more to and from work, but that's when the roads are most busiest so not the best idea...

Thanks a lot to everyone's input on this!
Old 06-02-16, 04:50 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

We made ours point nice to hear u keeping your F. Another very important point about riding a sport bike, anytime u get on that bike and no matter the distance , u need to have to be 110% focus on riding that bike where when u in the car u can relax and listen to the music and sometime think, ponder a bit to easy your mind. One slightly brain lapse on the bike could be your last, in the car only minor scratch. Cali used to had no helmet law back in the 90's. After many deaths on bikes it became law to required helmet.
Old 06-02-16, 07:02 PM
ISFLexy
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF4life
We made ours point nice to hear u keeping your F. Another very important point about riding a sport bike, anytime u get on that bike and no matter the distance , u need to have to be 110% focus on riding that bike where when u in the car u can relax and listen to the music and sometime think, ponder a bit to easy your mind. One slightly brain lapse on the bike could be your last, in the car only minor scratch. Cali used to had no helmet law back in the 90's. After many deaths on bikes it became law to required helmet.
Yea, i'm glad i'm keeping the F....just not sure how spacious it will be when we have a newborn, hence why i was thinking to get the 4Runner (i'm not a van guy lol) and the bike on the side.

Crazy how there was no laws to wear helmets back then. Here its mandatory to wear a helmet even on a pedal bike! But it makes sense cause alot of ppl die from bicycle accidents too, its sad nothing fun is safe anymore.
Old 06-03-16, 01:41 AM
kings222
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got an 07 r6 and my isf...my isf doesn't give me that thrill...its nice and fast and rare which i like but once you get a bike...its another life...its something special and the family you have while riding is awesome...everyone is friendly to each other on bikes...

its not safe but as long as you search your surroundings and stay confident and quick to make necessary adjustments than its fine.

i ride my bike more than i drive my car in summer thats for sure...i love every second of riding...never felt so connected to a powerful machine.
Old 06-06-16, 03:23 AM
RichFlair
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After I lost my F I did several things.
1. continued an old project i started
2. bought this

Riding on two wheels has its risks. I lost my F sitting at a stop sign, things happen. If you believe in God like myself, you trust whatever happens next is Gods plan for you, and just ride without worries. I don't stunt or do top speeds. I commute to work and occasionally ride in the mountains. The amount of CC's doesn't matter unless you have have self control. Ive had friends break collar bones and arms on pocket bikes doing dumb things. Get a bike that your comfortable on and one suited for the style of riding you will be doing. Take a few safety and skills classes even if your a seasoned rider, this will sharpen you and make you more alert while riding. Ride for yourself not for women, or to see who's ***** are bigger and you should be fairly safe. You can't prevent every accident but you can lessen your chances by doing these things.

Rich.

Last edited by RichFlair; 06-06-16 at 03:40 AM.
Old 06-06-16, 05:49 AM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

With a new born it will be spacious enough. I can fit my 1 year old in the back without issues along with my 6 year old.

BUT I do also have a 4R and a GX for the rest of the kiddos.
Old 06-07-16, 05:33 AM
96300NAZ
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RichFlair
After I lost my F I did several things.
1. continued an old project i started
Drop Top WS6 - YouTube
2. bought this

Riding on two wheels has its risks. I lost my F sitting at a stop sign, things happen. If you believe in God like myself, you trust whatever happens next is Gods plan for you, and just ride without worries. I don't stunt or do top speeds. I commute to work and occasionally ride in the mountains. The amount of CC's doesn't matter unless you have have self control. Ive had friends break collar bones and arms on pocket bikes doing dumb things. Get a bike that your comfortable on and one suited for the style of riding you will be doing. Take a few safety and skills classes even if your a seasoned rider, this will sharpen you and make you more alert while riding. Ride for yourself not for women, or to see who's ***** are bigger and you should be fairly safe. You can't prevent every accident but you can lessen your chances by doing these things.

Rich.
Excellent choice! I joined the ducati world a couple years ago with an 848 corse. Thinking about trading it in for a 1299s. I'll never ride any thing else but a duc again.