ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS F (2008-2014) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014-200/)
-   -   REMEMBER THE NAME.....RR-RACING TUNE results... (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/818031-remember-the-name-rr-racing-tune-results.html)

idoke1 03-28-16 11:53 AM

REMEMBER THE NAME.....RR-RACING TUNE results...

5 Attachment(s)
As all of you know, I recently dynoed my F and got super low numbers. It was definitely caused by oil getting into the intake manifold from not checking the AOS can. I just came back from my dyno from another shop.

My car is still pulling timing but that's to be known after cleaning most of the oil out from my intake manifold. This is with approximately 644 miles after resetting my ecu and after cleaning most of the oil in my intake manifold.

The conclusion? RR-RACING ECU TUNE ROCKS!!!

All runs were done in 6th gear
Hood opened at all runs
5 min cool downs

SAE corrected numbers:
393.6 WHP 342.4 FT LB TORQUE

DYNOJET corrected numbers:
433.0 WHP 376.7 FT LB TORQUE

SUPER FLOW (STP) corrected numbers:
409.4 WHP 356.2 FT LB TORQUE

Wondering about my mods?

Power mods:
RR-RACING ECU tune
Deleted ALL cats
Custom 2.5 inch X pipe exhaust to borla mufflers

Other mods:
RR-RACING AOS
RR-RACING USRS

Everything else is stock.

I do not have a baseline number before the tune but I am DEFINITELY sure it is no where close to these numbers.

Feel free to GET THE TUNE!

msgs350 03-28-16 11:57 AM

idoke.....this is awesome! I'm glad that you got some redemption on from the prior run.

FFM 03-28-16 12:11 PM

But everyone already sharpened those pitch forks lol.

SoulFreak 03-28-16 12:17 PM

^^^^^^....lmfao!..OFF with their heads! That's a good come back OP! I'm glad your results came together. Nobody said it was going to be easy.

nicklausw 03-28-16 12:18 PM

What did you have to do to get the oil out of the manifold?

idoke1 03-28-16 12:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
^^Thanks you guys. I do feel a lot better now. As for cleaning the oil from the intake manifold, I used a VERY long screw driver and attached a towel at the end of the tip. I went through the throttle body and slowly cleaned the oil mess. Most of it is gone.

ISFjimmy 03-28-16 12:36 PM

How do you reset the ecu, just unplug the battery?

idoke1 03-28-16 12:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by GS-F (Post 9424781)
How do you reset the ecu, just unplug the battery?

Unplugging the battery works too but I just pull the fuses. Allow 1 minute to clear DTC and plug it back in.

RCFormante 03-28-16 12:44 PM

Weird looking dyno, no RPM? Where is the air fuel ratio? =/

idoke1 03-28-16 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by RCF500 (Post 9424795)
Weird looking dyno, no RPM? Where is the air fuel ratio? =/

I ask the guy himself. He told me he only uses the air fuel ratio on his dyno if I wanted to dyno tune it. I didn't want to dyno tune it so he didn't include it in. It was a pricey dyno though..... $135 but he is well known to the domestic vehicle such as corvettes, camaros, mustangs....etc. His shop has awesome reviews and so far, I'm pretty happy too:thumbup:

Dnfwm 03-28-16 01:13 PM

I read your first thread and felt so bad for you. I honestly would have been so upset leaving the dyno with such low numbers and it would have drove me crazy. Good to hear you got some great numbers the second time around.

Now my question to you is this. You clearly have some seat time now with the tune and what are your impressions. My other question is, how does the f sound on the stock manifolds with gutted cats and borla exhaust? Does it sound similar to a header car?
I have borla catback and I wanted to do headers but I just don't have the money this year. I was thinking of gutting the primary's and getting the RR tune, that way I wont need a simulator.

NotnFsport 03-28-16 01:17 PM

thanks for posting. I hope you can get to a track soon and post times. A dyno sheet showing numbers is good but if it cant be put to real world applications...its kinda pointless. Just like the twin turbo Fs.. great dyno sheets but track numbers sucked.

idoke1 03-28-16 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dnfwm (Post 9424836)
I read your first thread and felt so bad for you. I honestly would have been so upset leaving the dyno with such low numbers and it would have drove me crazy. Good to hear you got some great numbers the second time around.

Now my question to you is this. You clearly have some seat time now with the tune and what are your impressions. My other question is, how does the f sound on the stock manifolds with gutted cats and borla exhaust? Does it sound similar to a header car?
I have borla catback and I wanted to do headers but I just don't have the money this year. I was thinking of gutting the primary's and getting the RR tune, that way I wont need a simulator.

The tune so far has been awesome. Mid range is greatly improved and so is top end. Gutting primary cats will give u a "blowing" type of sound. It's hard to explain it. I never had headers yet so I can't tell you that but gutting the primary cats did improved performance. If you get the tune, get the newer obd tune so that way, you can switch bwtween tunes and don't have to worry about the check engine light for the primary cats.

I8ABMR 03-28-16 01:39 PM

This is great news !!

bbong 03-28-16 03:12 PM

Fantastic news! Congrats on the numbers, looks like RR Tune might be closer than I have anticipated :)