ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS F (2008-2014) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014-200/)
-   -   REMEMBER THE NAME.....RR-RACING TUNE results... (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/818031-remember-the-name-rr-racing-tune-results.html)

k20trick 03-28-16 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by idoke1 (Post 9425495)
or lurker):p

Yeah I get that feeling too. It doesnt seem that many isf owners post almost to the point where I can count how many active isf owners actually post.

Maybe due to the rare car I dont know.

Cant wait til I get the tune on my car just waiting on obd since its the daily I dont want to incur any downtime.

msgs350 03-28-16 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by idoke1 (Post 9425495)
Thanks everyone. I did this to prove the tune works and it stays. I also did this because I love this forum. We all know one another and help those who are in need. So I thank everyone here and I hope this info will help a fellow member (or lurker):p

thanks again for doing this, I was the other member that got this tune and posted a dyno run of 335HP/332ft-lb TQ on a Dyno Dynamics machine. My headers should be here in a week or so and i will then do a pre and post run on a dyno jet. then i will go back on the DynoDynamics, which is known for low numbers just to share the info with this forum. Seems like we are spending hundreds of dollars to justify this tune purchase for other members that are doubting it :sad:

Katin2 03-28-16 09:58 PM

The haters sure are quite now.

Ltaboso 03-28-16 11:03 PM

kudos idoke1!

Compthis 03-29-16 04:33 AM

My buddy has had many Audi's which he has tuned. I asked him about Dyno testing my car after I got the tune. He said unless you have before and after results, the numbers are just numbers. If you don't have something to compare to, what do the numbers mean? Is he correct by saying this? I tend to agree with him. I'm not trying to crap on this tune or this thread, I have the tune but I'm just being honest, I do not feel anything that significant. I'm sure once the F/I is released, significant gains will be had, I just don't feel them now.

Vervish 03-29-16 05:14 AM

Congrats on the numbers! Looks like the tune is working well.

I am curious what that dip at ~120 (I think thats around 4800 RPM) is? It almost looks like there is some timing being pulled in that area - other than that, looks really good!

EDIT:

Just read this - it might explain the dip.

Originally Posted by idoke1 (Post 9424716)
My car is still pulling timing but that's to be known after cleaning most of the oil out from my intake manifold.

PDP180180 03-29-16 05:19 AM

From my experience, no two F's will produce the same output on any given dyno. When we did a dyno day over this side of the pond, a couple of newer F's (2011 models) produced better results than earlier cars with intakes or exhausts or both.

Whilst I can presume the newer cars might have been given a slight boost from the factory, I was more interested in gauging my cars base numbers in order to see the gains I got from different modifications.

No one should base their figures on what other cars are producing, but you can expect a similar hike from the numbers if you add the same parts to your F.

If your car is producing lower base numbers, but you haven't dyno'd it before adding exhaust, headers, tune etc, then there is a strong possibility the final number could be less than another guys F that was producing more to begin with.

Think it was the Nissan GTR that came with differing outputs depending on which car you got! Nissan just said there will be some with X output, but others could be lower or higher! That really was a lottery as to whether you were one of the lucky ones who got a high output, or one of the less lucky that got the lower output cars.

Tuning is specific to each and every car. No two cars will necessarily produce the same results even with the same mods fitted.

It's gains I am interested in, plain and simple. :thumbup:

LexISguy 03-29-16 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by idoke1 (Post 9424716)
As all of you know, I recently dynoed my F and got super low numbers. It was definitely caused by oil getting into the intake manifold from not checking the AOS can. I just came back from my dyno from another shop.

My car is still pulling timing but that's to be known after cleaning most of the oil out from my intake manifold. This is with approximately 644 miles after resetting my ecu and after cleaning most of the oil in my intake manifold.

The conclusion? RR-RACING ECU TUNE ROCKS!!!

All runs were done in 6th gear
Hood opened at all runs
5 min cool downs

SAE corrected numbers:
393.6 WHP 342.4 FT LB TORQUE

DYNOJET corrected numbers:
433.0 WHP 376.7 FT LB TORQUE

SUPER FLOW (STP) corrected numbers:
409.4 WHP 356.2 FT LB TORQUE

Wondering about my mods?

Power mods:
RR-RACING ECU tune
Deleted ALL cats
Custom 2.5 inch X pipe exhaust to borla mufflers

Other mods:
RR-RACING AOS
RR-RACING USRS

Everything else is stock.

I do not have a baseline number before the tune but I am DEFINITELY sure it is no where close to these numbers.

Feel free to GET THE TUNE!
Lexus ISF TUNED DYNO RUN - YouTube

Nice numbers imagine throwing in some headers.....

ISF4life 03-29-16 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by PDP180180 (Post 9425703)
From my experience, no two F's will produce the same output on any given dyno. When we did a dyno day over this side of the pond, a couple of newer F's (2011 models) produced better results than earlier cars with intakes or exhausts or both.

Whilst I can presume the newer cars might have been given a slight boost from the factory, I was more interested in gauging my cars base numbers in order to see the gains I got from different modifications.

No one should base their figures on what other cars are producing, but you can expect a similar hike from the numbers if you add the same parts to your F.

If your car is producing lower base numbers, but you haven't dyno'd it before adding exhaust, headers, tune etc, then there is a strong possibility the final number could be less than another guys F that was producing more to begin with.

Think it was the Nissan GTR that came with differing outputs depending on which car you got! Nissan just said there will be some with X output, but others could be lower or higher! That really was a lottery as to whether you were one of the lucky ones who got a high output, or one of the less lucky that got the lower output cars.

Tuning is specific to each and every car. No two cars will necessarily produce the same results even with the same mods fitted.

YEAH ESPECIALLY , CARS FOR THE BRITS LOLZ LESS HORSE POWER THAN THE U.S LOLZ AKKAKKAK, BECAUSE SINCE U GUYS DRIVING WRONG SIDE OF THE ROADS THEREFORE NO NEED MUCH HORSE POWER AKAKKKAAKK :p :p;):D:rolleyes::cool: . NICE NUMBER :) THAT WOULD BE EXPECTED :)

One2beH8ed 03-29-16 10:51 AM

Agreed. I remember putting motors in hondas. We all had jdm b16 and there was that one guy that just had a freakish motor from factory. Putting down 10-15 ho more stock. No two cars are alike. Ever.

Also remember there are 5-7 different types of GTR's even the old ones. Thats why they vary so much in HP

SoulFreak 03-29-16 11:38 AM

I'm just happy knowing that finally the crank advertised power Lexus advertises. 416hp/371ft lbs of torque is finally going to the rear wheels...:D and some...:woot:

liquidtek 03-29-16 01:49 PM

congrats that first number was concerning even from the mile high people standards lol.

lobuxracer 03-29-16 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by One2beH8ed (Post 9426090)
Agreed. I remember putting motors in hondas. We all had jdm b16 and there was that one guy that just had a freakish motor from factory. Putting down 10-15 ho more stock. No two cars are alike. Ever.

Also remember there are 5-7 different types of GTR's even the old ones. Thats why they vary so much in HP

Engines are snowflakes. All the same and all different. Even at the top levels of racing, engines built to identical specifications will produce different power. Factory engines are vastly more variable. So the only meaningful numbers are before and after with the same vehicle.

PDP180180 03-30-16 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by lobuxracer (Post 9426592)
Engines are snowflakes. All the same and all different. Even at the top levels of racing, engines built to identical specifications will produce different power. Factory engines are vastly more variable. So the only meaningful numbers are before and after with the same vehicle.

:thumbup: couldn't agree more. :)

RRRacing 03-30-16 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by lobuxracer (Post 9426592)

I agree to some extent, as I have found the IS-F engine to be very consistent, provided you keep all the test variables consistent -- and that's the problem is!

So when measuring power on a chassis dyno, here are some of the major test variables:

(1) Type of dyno -- calibration data entered into the dyno by the operator (definitely an issue for non-DynoJet dyno's)

(2) Test conditions on the dyno -- this is huge. To really compare dyno results, you must log basic engine parameters such as actual air intake temps and coolant temps.

(3) How strong are the fans? - I used to joke that dyno results correlate well to the dyno shops fan's hp about as much as anything else. You don't get nearly as much cooling on the dyno as on the road, so this is critical. To compare results, you must have good consistent fan cooling and very strong fans. Tuned cars are more sensitive to heat soak issues and high intake air temps because they are operating right at peak timing.

There are other factors too, but these 3 can lead to tremendous variability far exceeding engine tolerance.

Rafi