IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2008 sfp

Old 02-10-16, 01:42 PM
mmartin061
banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 sfp

If anyone can log into the Lexus site and can explain what the last page of services were all about I would appreciate it. I am in talks with the buyer as we speak. Otherwise 5 pages of service but it looks also like only one set or brakes as well. VIN
JTHBP262385003786 and continuous appreciation for everyone that had put up with me. And helped. I have narrowed it down to a few cars and all are in my wheelhouse for what I can afford. Just depends if I want higher or lower mileage car
Old 02-10-16, 02:16 PM
Piston1047
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mmartin061
If anyone can log into the Lexus site and can explain what the last page of services were all about I would appreciate it. I am in talks with the buyer as we speak. Otherwise 5 pages of service but it looks also like only one set or brakes as well. VIN
JTHBP262385003786 and continuous appreciation for everyone that had put up with me. And helped. I have narrowed it down to a few cars and all are in my wheelhouse for what I can afford. Just depends if I want higher or lower mileage car
Hey man, 2008 huh, So it seems on the last page:

1. Dash pads where replaced- something was replaced for the sticky dash issue that some IS's get in certain climates or when exposed to harsh cleaning chemicals(#0674696). This is a good thing for you.
2. Suspension noise- seems that some after market springs probably caused the shocks/bushings to go bad, creating a clacking noise, you should probably makes sure this was fixed and shocks or bushings where replaced. It seems the dealer did not want to work on the modified components so no dealer record is shown (#0275481), maybe a outside shop or DIYer fixed it.
3. Fuel pressure sensor recall was performed (#0674696)
4. Cooling fan recall performed(#0674890)

Other things I noticed on the other pages:
Seems the car was kept up pretty well up to about 79K, the water pump replacement was done aswell

Besides the suspension issue, I think this looks to be a well maintained car, just makes sure that was resolved and you should be good.
Old 02-10-16, 02:20 PM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by Piston1047
Hey man, 2008 huh, So it seems on the last page:

1. Dash pads where replaced- something was replaced for the sticky dash issue that some IS's get in certain climates or when exposed to harsh cleaning chemicals(#0674696). This is a good thing for you.
2. Suspension noise- seems that some after market springs probably caused the shocks/bushings to go bad, creating a clacking noise, you should probably makes sure this was fixed and shocks or bushings where replaced. It seems the dealer did not want to work on the modified components so no dealer record is shown (#0275481), maybe a outside shop or DIYer fixed it.
3. Fuel pressure sensor recall was performed (#0674696)
4. Cooling fan recall performed(#0674890)

Other things I noticed on the other pages:
Seems the car was kept up pretty well up to about 79K, the water pump replacement was done aswell

Besides the suspension issue, I think this looks to be a well maintained car, just makes sure that was resolved and you should be good.
I was thinking the suspension was an issue. We agreed on 22,500 so at this mileage we know some things will have to be done. I didn't see plugs on that list either. But not willing to throw coin into suspension stuff. Thanks for the input. I feel it's members that come on to help all of us that dont have the extensive knowledge that you all have that makes it worth the while. Right now these ISF's are very competitively priced.
Old 02-11-16, 07:06 AM
Piston1047
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mmartin061
I was thinking the suspension was an issue. We agreed on 22,500 so at this mileage we know some things will have to be done. I didn't see plugs on that list either. But not willing to throw coin into suspension stuff. Thanks for the input. I feel it's members that come on to help all of us that dont have the extensive knowledge that you all have that makes it worth the while. Right now these ISF's are very competitively priced.
no problem, your right about the plugs, it's not terribly difficult to do yourself with the right tools if you or someone you know is mechanically inclined. $22,500 is a great price, alot of room for future repairs or mods. I got my 08 with 56k a year ago for 29k before extended warranty , not bad but maybe I should have waited. It just turned 80k today and I have had zero issues.
Old 02-12-16, 06:25 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Where do you look up your vin to see the service record? Just the corporate lexus site?
Old 02-12-16, 07:24 AM
BLKLBL
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Joker4096
Where do you look up your vin to see the service record? Just the corporate lexus site?
I'm also interested in this... I was only able to get a shorthand print out, and am curious about a few repairs made in my cars history
Old 02-12-16, 09:08 AM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joker4096
http://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/home

Right here guys.. Anyone can create an account. Its great when you are searching for an F and want to see the service history. Make an account. copy and paste the Vin into the prompt and boom full service history on any Lexus that has been serviced at the dealer.

Have fun

Token
Old 02-12-16, 05:14 PM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Also:

My Lexus and Beyond by Lexus, a Division of Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A.
https://appsto.re/us/QC_AM.i

Maybe something similar on androids...
Old 02-15-16, 11:31 AM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by Piston1047
no problem, your right about the plugs, it's not terribly difficult to do yourself with the right tools if you or someone you know is mechanically inclined. $22,500 is a great price, alot of room for future repairs or mods. I got my 08 with 56k a year ago for 29k before extended warranty , not bad but maybe I should have waited. It just turned 80k today and I have had zero issues.
That's still a damn good price. Thanks for the info on the bushings. Seller said new brake pads are going on and the front rotors are ok. Um has new tires with around 6k on them. Didnt ask what kind. And said he is putting stock suspension on it becaue of the aftermarket suspension making noise. Would seem these guys would no better than to just modify one part of the car and not take into account what else if might affect. Anyhow I posted incorrectly he said he would take $23k. Has had it for sale about 2-3 months now and it hasn't flown out the door yet. Maybe if aftet I have him take it to the Lexus dealership and they do a good prepurchase for me I wonder if I can get him down to about 22,500? He already came down on his asking price but that is to be expected. I always offer %10 less than what they are asking
Old 02-15-16, 12:09 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Great price.

I paid 29k for my '08 8 months ago, 54k miles. Bought it from the local Ford dealer, seems everything here (seattle) is overpriced. Wish now I had educated myself as well as you.

Stilled thrilled enough with the car that I'm modifying it.

On your prospective purchase, I really like that your dash & door panels were replaced. Mine haven't been, but they're in perfect condition. IMO this ranks as the biggest shortcoming with our cars (& it's only on the '08). Def an expensive fix w/new parts.

23k sounds like a helluva price, esp. with recent tires, brakes & suspension fix. How's the car look/drive?

Good luck with the search.
Old 02-15-16, 12:32 PM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by tas02
Great price.

I paid 29k for my '08 8 months ago, 54k miles. Bought it from the local Ford dealer, seems everything here (seattle) is overpriced. Wish now I had educated myself as well as you.

On your prospective purchase, I really like that your dash & door panels were replaced. Mine haven't been, but they're in perfect condition. IMO this ranks as the biggest shortcoming with our cars (& it's only on the '08). Def an expensive fix w/new parts.

23k sounds like a helluva price, esp. with recent tires, brakes & suspension fix. How's the car look/drive?

Well I live quite a bit away. My first step would have to be making sure the original suspension gets put on as well as brake pads before the car was to be inspected by Lexus. I havent driven it yet still working out the details. Like previous poster said I want to make sure the aftermarket suspension didn't damage anything else. The car from pics looks great it always does lol but seeing that it has an extensive histor of being washed and protective coatings applied and detailed I would expect there not to be any big surprises. I guess since all of my out of state purchases have been within driving distance of driving the car myself. I would have to go down there if everything checks out and have the sale contingent on how it drives I gues . The long list of Lexus maintenance from day one gives me a little piece of mind also. I will also probably tell him I am firm on my offer of 22,500 ad he has been sitting on tbe car for a little bit. I don't need an ISF I want one so I am not flexible with my offers and I have lost some cars because of it but oh well
Old 02-15-16, 12:34 PM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by tas02
Great price.

You still go a great price on your car. They are still selling for over that today. Well at least listed over that. Plus I don't know if the car was beat on either. 90k of torture I don't csre how well you take care of it lol
Old 02-16-16, 12:37 PM
mmartin061
banned

Well this car is looking more and more lucrative since other sellers arent very good at getting back to me. Only thing is he says he prefers to text because his English is really broken from Spanish.
Old 02-16-16, 01:45 PM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

beware!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-16, 01:47 PM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by One2beH8ed
beware!!!!!!!
Ya no doubt. That's what didn't make a whole lot of sense. And all the Canadiens never respond to me. I am down right ready to buy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2008 sfp