IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

X-Force Exhaust - Review

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-17, 08:05 AM
cjblair
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Got mine on finally. I just had the shop fab up some flanged straight pipes. Love the sound it makes, although it is very loud. haha.

Last edited by cjblair; 07-20-19 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-14-17, 02:00 AM
davinadze
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default X-Force Exhaust - Review

Here is some video clips before Xforce and after. Got ppe headers on both setups.
stock cat back with deleted cats and resonator. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU0j...ature=youtu.be
Xforce cat back. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxd1...ature=youtu.be
Old 07-19-17, 03:19 PM
SonicISF
Driver School Candidate

Just installed an x force varex system on my f. Installation went very smoothly the only problem I had was getting the pipes that mount to the exhaust manifolds to not leak. At first I used the included 2 bolt flange gaskets. Then I figured I'd take them off and try the stock gaskets. With the stock gaskets on I didn't feel any leaks at all. Also the round cross brace will not fit with this exhaust. I am going to try and use some spacers washers to see if I can get it to clear the pipe. As for the sound.... this thing sounds amazing when fully open. It's much louder than people on the forum have said from what I have seen. Just wanted to throw that out there. Hearing sound clips on YouTube really doesn't do it justice. Overall I'm really happy with the exhaust. I have read a lot about how you need to drive with the exhaust for the ecu to recalibrate itself so that's the plan for now.
Old 07-20-17, 08:12 AM
Vervish
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

I too have the varex and did not have any issue with the cross members..

I do have the leak issue at the exhaust manifolds tho. I tried stock and aftermarket gaskets with no luck..
Old 07-20-17, 11:42 AM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Im also running the varex and i feel like i have leaks at the manifolds. Not sure if the flanges are not truely flat or what. I took them to a belt sander before but maybe it needs more. Im running aftermarket gaskets because oem ones did not work for me.
Old 10-17-17, 02:37 PM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Uh.. Anyone know why the price increased on Summit?
Old 10-17-17, 03:22 PM
5ltrv8
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jum3
Probably because they underpriced it as they entered the market. Glad I bought mine last year.
Old 10-18-17, 07:39 AM
Jondls33
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

^^^^ I was thinking the same thing, way underpriced and people wanted them, they were back ordered for months and months. I got mine last year for $574 shipped and no tax on black Friday special
Old 10-18-17, 11:01 AM
s4chico
Driver

That sucks. I was planning on getting the Varex exhaust for my F last year as well. I just need to get off my *** and take my Joe-Z exhaust off and sell it. I should have just bought it last year like everyone else did.
Old 10-19-17, 06:03 PM
s2kjer
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

FYI, for whatever reason Snail Performance no longer sells X-Force products.
Old 10-23-17, 12:40 AM
s2kjer
Driver

Call and get a price match if you are ready to buy. I successfully did a few weeks ago. They told me it will not go down again till next year. Likely because of the holidays.
Old 10-23-17, 07:05 AM
socal3
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SonicISF
Just installed an x force varex system on my f. Installation went very smoothly the only problem I had was getting the pipes that mount to the exhaust manifolds to not leak. At first I used the included 2 bolt flange gaskets. Then I figured I'd take them off and try the stock gaskets. With the stock gaskets on I didn't feel any leaks at all. Also the round cross brace will not fit with this exhaust. I am going to try and use some spacers washers to see if I can get it to clear the pipe. As for the sound.... this thing sounds amazing when fully open. It's much louder than people on the forum have said from what I have seen. Just wanted to throw that out there. Hearing sound clips on YouTube really doesn't do it justice. Overall I'm really happy with the exhaust. I have read a lot about how you need to drive with the exhaust for the ecu to recalibrate itself so that's the plan for now.
I also had problems with O2 sensor codes for the O-rings leaking but bought some new OEM rings and some gasket seal and it's been good for over a year now. The spacers are a great idea for that rear brace mine runs a little also, I was wondering if that even does anything sine it is hollow.
Old 10-23-17, 08:41 AM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by s2kjer
Call and get a price match if you are ready to buy. I successfully did a few weeks ago. They told me it will not go down again till next year. Likely because of the holidays.
Priced against whom? Thanks.
Old 10-25-17, 11:29 AM
s2kjer
Driver

Priced against whom? Thanks.
Just call and say you had it in your cart for the lower price and when you went to check out it went up.
They were very willing to accommodate the request.
The following users liked this post:
F_Throttle (10-27-17)
Old 10-27-17, 03:29 PM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by s2kjer
Just call and say you had it in your cart for the lower price and when you went to check out it went up.
They were very willing to accommodate the request.
Thank you. They were able to match it. Real MVP advice.

Quick Reply: X-Force Exhaust - Review