IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

A Glimmer of Hope for Tuning? (Don't Hold Your Breath)

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-16, 12:40 PM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Dont forget us is/gs/rc 350
Old 01-11-16, 01:14 PM
psixtc
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have held on to my ISF if I would have been able to toss a supercharger on it.
I had to up my game and the IS platform wasn't up to the task. Hopefully you are able to take it to that level!
Good luck and I can't wait to see it.
Old 01-11-16, 01:42 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

I would mod the **** outta my car if it wasn't for CA smog
Old 01-11-16, 01:54 PM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jspecvtec
I would mod the **** outta my car if it wasn't for CA smog
Do it anyways, who cares?!
Old 01-11-16, 05:51 PM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Any updates Brandon? They DM'd me and offered a free tune this Wednesday morning but I'm skeptical.
Old 01-11-16, 08:11 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

This could be Game changer in so many ways, for the entire F line ISF,RCF and GSF. One of big reason many ISF owner left was the inability to go further with car, with no tuning option available, now this could change the biggest down fall for F line of cars.

This would put ISF as well as RCF and GSF right smack in middle of there biggest rivals. With tune or big hp SC along with upgrade suspension components from companies like FIGS mega arms etc, RR racing, with highend coilovers from companies like Ohlins, Penskie.etc, will enable ISF to compete against its contemporary rivals Vette, M4,C63, GT350, SS Camaro, ATS V, CTS V, same applies to RCFas well.

IMO this tune is even more important to RCF and GSF. With it they will now become competitive against there rivals having the one thing that hurt them the most HORSEPOWER. If you read the reviews of GSF they all agree that it's well balanced car, ride, handling great it just lacked one thing HP. Imagine what GSF or RCF would be like with additional HP. I think it would change the game at least for me, now I might actually consider on of these two car as next ride. With out the tuning solution, I wouldn't be looking at either of them, and like so many other would be moving on to another platform.
Old 01-11-16, 08:59 PM
Supraman16
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

I keep telling myself, despite the fact that many have tried, and they have all failed, it only takes one person to succeed...here's hoping that this really works.
Old 01-11-16, 10:05 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by lolfunxion
Do it anyways, who cares?!
Too much hassle to comply when smog comes. No one I know takes benjis under the table anymore...
Old 01-11-16, 10:12 PM
Fsport2UR
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Supraman16
I keep telling myself, despite the fact that many have tried, and they have all failed, it only takes one person to succeed...here's hoping that this really works.
I'm sure you remember back in the days(or at least heard) when the first MKIV Supra churned out 700whp on a bone stock engine. For years no body was making big power. Everyone was skeptical on how strong the 2JZ was and didn't think that first Supra was real. That power level on a stock engine was unheard of. But right after that one Supra pulled that off, the flood gates opened and EVERYONE followed suit.
I am hoping that is what we are experiencing here.
Old 01-11-16, 10:20 PM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fsport2UR
I'm sure you remember back in the days(or at least heard) when the first MKIV Supra churned out 700whp on a bone stock engine. For years no body was making big power. Everyone was skeptical on how strong the 2JZ was and didn't think that first Supra was real. That power level on a stock engine was unheard of. But right after that one Supra pulled that off, the flood gates opened and EVERYONE followed suit.
I am hoping that is what we are experiencing here.
lol Funny I was around when those flood gates opened, lived in Texas at the time ( man i miss the late 90's).. Seeing a DD MKIV supra do a 9 second 1.4 mile was insane..
Old 01-11-16, 11:24 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by jspecvtec
Too much hassle to comply when smog comes. No one I know takes benjis under the table anymore...
its really depends who u really know
Old 01-12-16, 12:15 AM
MR2QIK
Driver

I wish you the very best of luck! I don't think I'd ever want to go forced induction, however a correct flash tune, higher lift cams & the usual I/H/E would interest me.

Of curiosity, would all this enable you to flash JDM or Australian ISF ECU's? I ask given I'm from Down Under.

I've always been sceptical of reflashes (without hands on time with the specific car). Mainly due to bad experiences from over a decade ago with Jap "chips". Would this self learn & adjust to a degree to optimise for each vehicle (with specific mod based maps loaded)?
Old 01-12-16, 03:31 AM
giblet
Rookie

This is huge news, looking forward to seeing the results of the new maps on cars with the standard bolt on intake and exhaust mods.

If your magic can be worked on UK spec cars then you will have a few customers on this side of the pond.
Old 01-12-16, 04:50 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by giblet
This is huge news, looking forward to seeing the results of the new maps on cars with the standard bolt on intake and exhaust mods.

If your magic can be worked on UK spec cars then you will have a few customers on this side of the pond.
I'm already on it! Lol.

Looks like UK ECU can be done by Rafi as well mate.

I'll probably get mine done when money and travels allow (makes sense to do it when I am in NJ/PA/NY on business next).
Old 01-12-16, 06:08 AM
nickj718
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 44 Posts

When (Notice i didn't say if) Rafi comes out with the SC setup depending on the numbers, it would give me a reason to look at the RCF

Quick Reply: A Glimmer of Hope for Tuning? (Don't Hold Your Breath)