IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2009 ISF or 2014 IS350 F sport

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-15, 06:52 AM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMV8
I think you're either 1) joking or 2) you are a seasoned string theorist who travels through dimensions and has found himself in a world where the F sport is comparable to the F on the track. This is not the case in this universe!
When did I said F sport is comparable to F performance? Should I use a different language? I think I state that clear on my message, F model is better!!! First thing need to be clear F sport = standard IS, no performance improve except body panel upgrade and some minor suspension upgrade, it is just same as the standard model, may be a bit faster on track compare to standard one because the setting. When you mention F that means F performance, not F sport. You seems to have a Evo X, you should know the difference when cornering between the IS.

F performance model in Lexus is never going to be go on track, it is not design to compete with BMW and other brand, go dig in to the designer interview you can find out that, if you want to get a car for track day use, go BMW M series; for crazy straight line performance, AMG; everyday use - Lexus, this is the known fact for the universe. Even the new RCF is no match with it's rival, heavy car, low on power to weight ratio, the GSF will be better but still can't change the design concept and it is the same engine. But both car will be easier for everyday driving then M or AMG.

I like Lexus and I enjoy driving them, own 5 now but I won't blindly say Lexus is the best in everything. I had worked at Lexus for almost 4 years, I think I know the cars very well by now.

Last edited by ybing; 11-23-15 at 07:02 AM.
Old 11-23-15, 09:24 AM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ybing
When did I said F sport is comparable to F performance? Should I use a different language? I think I state that clear on my message, F model is better!!! First thing need to be clear F sport = standard IS, no performance improve except body panel upgrade and some minor suspension upgrade, it is just same as the standard model, may be a bit faster on track compare to standard one because the setting. When you mention F that means F performance, not F sport. You seems to have a Evo X, you should know the difference when cornering between the IS.

F performance model in Lexus is never going to be go on track, it is not design to compete with BMW and other brand, go dig in to the designer interview you can find out that, if you want to get a car for track day use, go BMW M series; for crazy straight line performance, AMG; everyday use - Lexus, this is the known fact for the universe. Even the new RCF is no match with it's rival, heavy car, low on power to weight ratio, the GSF will be better but still can't change the design concept and it is the same engine. But both car will be easier for everyday driving then M or AMG.

I like Lexus and I enjoy driving them, own 5 now but I won't blindly say Lexus is the best in everything. I had worked at Lexus for almost 4 years, I think I know the cars very well by now.
I'm sorry but you do know that the 2011 MY ISF beats the M3 on a track. To say that the ISF isn't as track worthy as the M3 when it actually beats it, it's a bit uninformed for lack of a better word.
Old 11-23-15, 10:27 AM
604isf
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ybing

I question that logic. Just because you worked at Lexus does not make you knowledgeable on how the ISF handles on track compare to other cars. It's like saying someone working at the airport knows how an airplane handles compare to other airplanes. Even if you've owned 5 Lexus in the past none of them seem to be an ISF.

I'm not saying you don't know your cars. You may very well do. But have you tracked F cars, M cars, or AMG cars to make that claim? Or is it something you've read or heard? Which is ok nothing wrong with that.