IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

BC Racing Coilover warm up time

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-15, 03:30 PM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default BC Racing Coilover warm up time

I noticed that my BC Racing Coilover + Swift spring feels bouncy and cheap for about the 30 minutes.. It seems like it need a warm up time. Do coilover needs a warm up time?
Old 10-28-15, 06:43 PM
subiepunk
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've never heard of coilovers needing a warm up time. How long ago did you put them in. I've heard of coilovers needing a week or so for the springs to settle but not warm up.
Old 10-28-15, 08:04 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine feel bouncy and cheap all of the time, worst coilovers I have ever owned. I need to get off my wallet and get KW or Penskies.

Jade I just noticed you are from Calgary, one of the things that crossed my mind is that our roads are considerably worse that most places. Mine I notice are the worst on the hi ways frost heaves are brutal with them.
Old 10-30-15, 11:06 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by subiepunk
I've never heard of coilovers needing a warm up time. How long ago did you put them in. I've heard of coilovers needing a week or so for the springs to settle but not warm up.
That's only if you don't know what you are doing on the install. There's no such thing as a spring settling, but there definitely is breaking down rubber bushings because they are no longer in a neutral state at the neutral position.
Old 10-30-15, 12:57 PM
zebani
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jadeboy
I noticed that my BC Racing Coilover + Swift spring feels bouncy and cheap for about the 30 minutes.. It seems like it need a warm up time. Do coilover needs a warm up time?
Originally Posted by Sylvan
Mine feel bouncy and cheap all of the time, worst coilovers I have ever owned. I need to get off my wallet and get KW or Penskies.

Jade I just noticed you are from Calgary, one of the things that crossed my mind is that our roads are considerably worse that most places. Mine I notice are the worst on the hi ways frost heaves are brutal with them.

Do you guys have the swift springs upgrade by any chance?