IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

08 IS-F owners with sticky dash door panels chime in!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-19, 03:36 PM
ISFerr
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cvt
If you get it this month can you throw a fellow ISF owner a bone and let me know what dealership you went to?
Originally Posted by ISF4life
talking to them right now on the phone lolz , will up date u sir. lexus of Westminster .
I had mine done at Lexus of Westminster last October. The door panels and dashboard took less than a week to arrive at the dealership after I took my car in for inspection. Ask for Felix. He was very helpful and even called me to notify me that my ISF was included in the new sticky door panel/dashboard replacement warranty program. Also, maybe it helped that I took my ISF there for a major maintenance service about a month prior.
Old 02-08-19, 05:38 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Manager says the panels doors are back order has no eta, but they have the dash in stock if I want the dash to get done 1st give him a call tomorrow , and bring in . That the situation right now , my dash is good, the panels are okay but New is better lol so maybe replace everything at once
Old 02-09-19, 09:28 AM
Wh0pp3r
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 60 Posts

Lexus of Ontario gave me an update of 3 months. Skerd since my date of sale was 05/09. said even if it passes that point, my issue was documented and approved prior.

just gonna wait for everything to be available together.
Old 02-11-19, 07:36 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Original dash & door cards look like new on my '08 f #0815 currently @60k. Car sold new in Alaska, then to Wash & in my possession last 4 yr.

As much as it troubles me to know the expensive interior materials in my Isf have all the integrity of those in my 1987 Hilux, and will certainly someday look just as bad, I simply cannot bring myself to have the dealer fix something that just plain doesn't currently need fixing. Everything works fine with the car (other than the L ballast), there are no unexplained rattles, scratches, or interior panel gaps. Will I say the same thing after a swap?

Maybe I can get 'em to give me the parts now.
Old 02-12-19, 08:16 AM
Greatest
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IntegraXTR
Lexus does now have a bulletin for the ISF! It’s called the ZLZ program. I’m on the waiting list for the door panels and dash at the moment. Head on down to your fav dealership and get on that list!
Do you or does anyone have a copy of the letter from Toyota about this ZLZ program that you could post a picture of.

I havent received a letter, but made an appointment to have them looked at. They replace my drivers side a year or so ago as a “courtesy”. I told them about this program and that my rear panels are cracking.

Id like to have the letter to explain to them since they acted like they haven’t heard of it.

Thanks
Old 02-12-19, 09:11 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,080 Likes on 2,472 Posts

L-SB-0041-15 rev 2 covers the panel replacement. This service bulletin includes all model years of the IS F.
Old 02-21-19, 10:52 AM
BennyISF
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Took my car to my local Lexus dealership in Rockville MD and they told me they can’t do anything since car is showing no signs of the issue. But my vin in under the replacement program.
Old 02-21-19, 11:20 AM
Gsxr6k6
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BennyISF
Took my car to my local Lexus dealership in Rockville MD and they told me they can’t do anything since car is showing no signs of the issue. But my vin in under the replacement program.
Your car may not have defective panels. I've read that some ppl do not have the issue of sticky panels. If you can, on a hot day leave it in the sun with the windows rolled up for a few hours and see if it gets soft and mushy. If it comes off by scratching it with your finger nails then take it in and show them the scratches. Tell them it happens when it's hot.
Old 02-21-19, 03:41 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,948 Likes on 1,371 Posts

^^^^Go back and read Post nos. 100 and 101. If your dash is showing no signs of the issue, why go in for a replacement

LOU
Old 02-21-19, 06:02 PM
McPierson
Instructor

Received 180 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^Go back and read Post nos. 100 and 101. If your dash is showing no signs of the issue, why go in for a replacement

LOU
you go in because it will.

My GX dash is all messed up, but I waited on a letter that never came. During the campaign it wasn’t bad at all. So I waited until it was. Lo and behold the campaign is over ....
Old 02-21-19, 07:46 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,948 Likes on 1,371 Posts

^^^^Well, I've had my ISF for better than 10 years now - it hasn't.

Lou
Old 02-22-19, 08:48 PM
McPierson
Instructor

Received 180 Likes on 99 Posts

Good deal. I could have said the same thing two years ago about my GX. Now I can’t.
Old 02-23-19, 11:36 AM
Fondue
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have to wait until it gets hot again here in Texas. Mine is fine right now but when I get off work during the summer and my car has been sitting in the sun for 5 hours my door panels get sticky. Last summer when I was shutting my door my fingernail literally carved out a dime sized chunk out of the handle.
Old 02-27-19, 02:27 PM
socal3
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What I did was google some pictures of sticky dash or door panels and send then to your service writer and have him send those in instead of waiting till the next heat wave. That's what I did and it worked, when you bring the car in just say it's not hot enough for them to be melting at that time. Mine looked horrible when it's 110 out where I work but where the dealership is located it never gets that hot.
Old 02-28-19, 09:27 AM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 135 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by McPierson
Good deal. I could have said the same thing two years ago about my GX. Now I can’t.
I hear ya and understand your logic. The only problem I have with bringing mine in when it hasn't suffered this problem is breaking the rule of "if it ain't broke." I hate taking my car to the dealership... taking the car in for this risks them making a mistake, creating rattles, etc.

Quick Reply: 08 IS-F owners with sticky dash door panels chime in!!