IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Just installed the Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) from RR-Racing.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-17, 05:01 AM
M4rk
Intermediate

Received 86 Likes on 60 Posts

Looking forward to installing mine - thank you Josh @ Meraki and RRRacing for the great service. I will swap over onto my summers (MPSS) first and install the USRS later on so I can be more objective in feeling the differences.
Old 03-30-17, 06:42 AM
zen
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by avgj0F
Mine's making scaping-noises when going through dips and speed bumps during cold days (< 60F). Would be freaking helpful if the products were well tested and potential f'king annoying noises spelled out in the manual.

Get their recommended formula 5 Prelube as it's not available in automotive stores or shops (here in LA). It was a pain in the *** driving around the town looking for it and taken the time out to the shop to have them regreased. Given the lube is not a popular stock item, and relatively inexpensive for couple dollars, they should be included in the purchase free or a minimal charge.
mine also have the same noise that you described but it's under <35F. the noise goes away after the car warmed up and it's not persistent. to regrease the bushings would probably be the same like when you first install them follow by an alignment.
Old 03-30-17, 09:37 PM
Bavarian
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I will install the USRS after the installation of my new conti SportContact 6.

I will ride 500miles with the Contis and after that i will install the Bushings,

the AOS is installed ^^

i will send a report after the first ride.

best from Bavaria
Old 03-31-17, 09:53 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 699 Likes on 613 Posts

Contact us for this part!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-02-17, 05:14 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 1,412 Likes on 647 Posts

Originally Posted by zen
mine also have the same noise that you described but it's under <35F. the noise goes away after the car warmed up and it's not persistent. to regrease the bushings would probably be the same like when you first install them follow by an alignment.
If you are getting a noise, you should really check the spindle nuts and make sure they are tight, that is the cause for 95% of noises. If you find them loosening, then use some Loctite when tightening.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

The following 2 users liked this post by RRRacing:
JPxMODz (05-18-17), zen (04-03-17)
Old 04-02-17, 08:15 AM
Richy21
Driver

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Our products are extremely well tested. If you have a problem, we are always willing to help, whether that means sending you some formula 5 lube, or simply giving you a tip to diagnose your "scraping noises." So regarding those noises, it could be anything, and not related to the USRS. But, we always recommend checking that the 22mm nuts that torque the USRS spindle are tight. If they become loose, they can potentially cause the USRS to squeak.

BTW, we don't include formula 5 prelube because most folks would loose it by the time they ever need to re-lube the USRS years later, but we gladly provide it.

Rafi
how much for the formula 5 prelube? Want to check my RR USRS
Old 04-02-17, 03:09 PM
Batalha
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This looks awesome! How much is this?
Old 04-02-17, 10:19 PM
Bavarian
Driver School Candidate

You can buy the furmula lube in the online shop from RR RACING for 6,99$

best Bavarian
Old 04-03-17, 09:34 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Anyone know what the book time is for installing these?
Old 04-03-17, 02:28 PM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Should be about an hour to hour and a half at most.
Old 04-03-17, 02:37 PM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kzlflash
Is anyone here experiencing alignment issues after replacing the stock LCA bushings? My car drives straight when I'm firmly holding the wheel in place, but if I loosen my grip the car always wants to pull right on flat/non crowned roads.
I don't think it's my struts and lower ball joints because those have been replaced, and I have a square setup and rotate my tires every 5k miles. Before and after these changes the car continues to want to pull to the right.
The car has also been (toe) aligned multiple times at different shops. After every toe alignment the problem seems to be solved, but it quickly loses the alignment and reverts back to the same problem.

I'm wondering if it might be due to the alignment of the bracket?
If you look at the bushing bracket one of the holes (circled in red) looks big enough that it'll allow for a decent amount of movement in the arm. But I'm not sure if any movement is even allowed cause it also looks like the arm would be held static by the other side of the arm (circled in blue).

From my understanding of the LCA bracket design, the preload bolts are designed to not allow the bracket to shift under hard loads. But if installed incorrectly off the bat, would it be significant enough to cause the pull I'm experiencing?
To follow up on this, I took my car to a shop opened by a former Lexus Master Tech. He decided to swap the USRS with the factory bracket/bushing to see if the pull was due to improper installation of the RR brackets.
It turns out my pull is NOT related to improper installation of the RR bracket. Even with the factory brackets install the car still retained the same exact pull and characteristics.
So disregard my posts and don't let it stop you from getting the bushings.

At this point I'm going to try installing a factory bracket on the right side that'll add some positive caster into my alignment. The tech also said he'll help adjust the subframe. If this solves my pulling problem I'll probably stick with the factory brackets. If not then my time with this car is limited as I can't live with this bad of a pull.

As a result I'll be posting my USRS bushings for sale soon. Keep an eye out in the for sale section.
Old 04-03-17, 03:43 PM
Orthodoks
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel350
I just installed these with a buddy last weekend. One side took about 1 hour as we were going step by step through the instructions to make sure we didn't miss anything, the other side took about 20 mins after we knew what we were doing. The car feels great so far. It only pulls when the road is uneven, but I am still going to get an alignment. Definitely a great upgrade.
Old 04-03-17, 07:01 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by kzlflash
To follow up on this, I took my car to a shop opened by a former Lexus Master Tech. He decided to swap the USRS with the factory bracket/bushing to see if the pull was due to improper installation of the RR brackets.
It turns out my pull is NOT related to improper installation of the RR bracket. Even with the factory brackets install the car still retained the same exact pull and characteristics.
So disregard my posts and don't let it stop you from getting the bushings.

At this point I'm going to try installing a factory bracket on the right side that'll add some positive caster into my alignment. The tech also said he'll help adjust the subframe. If this solves my pulling problem I'll probably stick with the factory brackets. If not then my time with this car is limited as I can't live with this bad of a pull.

As a result I'll be posting my USRS bushings for sale soon. Keep an eye out in the for sale section.
Dang bro. Sucks to hear. I know 100% my cars' pull o the right has something​ to do with the usrs or install as it never not once pulled an inch to the right before install, even deep into the triple digit mphs. IMMEDIATELY after install, the pull to the right was apparent. So I'm sure it's not the car itself.
For me, it's very noticeable above 60 mph. If this was a daily driver for me, I could not deal with it either.
Good luck man, hang in there.

V.
Old 04-04-17, 08:48 AM
Scott610
Advanced

Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts

Have mines over 20k miles and works completely fine best mod I've done so far and I've done almost all of them and getting bored lol
Old 04-04-17, 09:18 AM
drifto
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott610
Have mines over 20k miles and works completely fine best mod I've done so far and I've done almost all of them and getting bored lol
This is what I like to hear. After reading this thread I was getting to the point where I didn't want to install my USRS anymore and just sell them lol.

BTW, how bad is the inner tire wear with the stock LCA?

Quick Reply: Just installed the Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) from RR-Racing.