IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

door panels

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-15, 04:37 AM
Greatest
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've already started the process before catching this thread. Wish I would've known. My dealership is replacing my dash in my 08 Isf under the enhanced warranty program. They said after they do the dash, not sure why, they will try to do the door panel which has a large crack. My dash is slightly bowed up in the front middle by the windshield.

I have spoke with corporate and they informed me the same. That after a case was started they will deal with it. He was surprised the dealer is doing my dash. I wrote a long email to the dealer asking them to replace the panel too since I've bought a 250, 350, and Isf. They haven't got back to me yet.

Is it possible to make this tread a sticky so we can all keep track of it and the lawsuit situation.
Old 12-03-15, 06:18 AM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Mine is exactly the same as Lmood's

Digger08
Old 12-03-15, 06:47 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Mine has none of these dash/door issues. Production date is 07/2008. I wonder if they changed it before mine was built?

The leather is crap though. Easy to scratch and has fully worn through the driver's side bolster, and even the passenger's bolster is scuffed badly. Thinking about Fibrenew, but also considering new covers entirely (it's just pricey).
Old 12-03-15, 07:25 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by digger08
Mine is exactly the same as Lmood's

Digger08
I STILL haven't heard anything Dr m my dealership about my door panel. last my SA told me was that they would replace it but they cannot order because Lexus will not allow them to order the panel for anyone right now. Maybe the Lexus customer service reps on here can chime in?
Old 12-03-15, 08:04 AM
Greatest
Driver

Originally Posted by Lmood
I STILL haven't heard anything Dr m my dealership about my door panel. last my SA told me was that they would replace it but they cannot order because Lexus will not allow them to order the panel for anyone right now. Maybe the Lexus customer service reps on here can chime in?
Yep. That's what mine told me too
Old 12-05-15, 11:20 AM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Mine has none of these dash/door issues. Production date is 07/2008. I wonder if they changed it before mine was built?

The leather is crap though. Easy to scratch and has fully worn through the driver's side bolster, and even the passenger's bolster is scuffed badly. Thinking about Fibrenew, but also considering new covers entirely (it's just pricey).
For sure mine is just from my knee bumping it over time and has worn out.

I priced out new skins from Lexus, but could only find the upper portion in black for the IS F.

My 2012 CT200h also has the same poor leather quality on the upper side bolster and lower seat side.......Starting to think I'm too fat for my cars!

Digger08
Old 03-18-16, 01:59 PM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My interior isn't having issues yet. Car mainly stays in the garage BUT the outside belt moldings black plastic have come up. looks goofy as heck.
Old 03-18-16, 02:02 PM
trebISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

had another thread with the same question going on and this thread proved to be useful on contacts. Hopefully something positive comes from it all.
Old 03-18-16, 04:02 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by trebISF
had another thread with the same question going on and this thread proved to be useful on contacts. Hopefully something positive comes from it all.
Good luck. Corporate told me the isf wasn't covered. Hopefully they will extend this to us. Hell I'd be happy for them to just give the door panels and let me replace them.
Old 03-18-16, 07:48 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

wow thats crazy not sure if its because I have a 12 but Im glad mine is not like that... the seats however are a difference story no matter what the driver side bolster drives me nutttssss
Old 04-01-16, 10:13 PM
neweyslex
Driver

Originally Posted by Greatest
I've already started the process before catching this thread. Wish I would've known. My dealership is replacing my dash in my 08 Isf under the enhanced warranty program. They said after they do the dash, not sure why, they will try to do the door panel which has a large crack. My dash is slightly bowed up in the front middle by the windshield.

I have spoke with corporate and they informed me the same. That after a case was started they will deal with it. He was surprised the dealer is doing my dash. I wrote a long email to the dealer asking them to replace the panel too since I've bought a 250, 350, and Isf. They haven't got back to me yet.

Is it possible to make this tread a sticky so we can all keep track of it and the lawsuit situation.
So what's the outcome? Did they replace your door panels under the extended warranty as well?
Old 04-06-16, 08:16 AM
trebISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lmood
Good luck. Corporate told me the isf wasn't covered. Hopefully they will extend this to us. Hell I'd be happy for them to just give the door panels and let me replace them.
After waiting 5 months with the dealer I called to follow-up and was told they hadn't submitted anything. I escalated with SA and was told that he had to check with parts manager. Was then told ISF was not part of the Enhancement program. That to get any assistance I would have to go through Lexus Corporate to get any help. What a waste of time and what a crappy way to deal with customers that have purchased such an expensive car.

Worst part of it all is that it's turning me away from Lexus despite it being my 3rd Lexus car owned.
Old 04-06-16, 08:27 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

In post 24 & 26 I advised you to get a hold of corporate. Not surprised they haven't done anything. You gotta haggle corporate not the dealership.
Old 04-06-16, 08:30 AM
trebISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
In post 24 & 26 I advised you to get a hold of corporate. Not surprised they haven't done anything. You gotta haggle corporate not the dealership.
yup, just reporting what I heard back from the dealership as I had a thread about this as well. Aware of the process I need to take. Will report back with corporate as well. Also, keep in mind I'm not Lmood....
Old 04-06-16, 08:40 AM
mindcrime
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

the interior dash and door panels of my 08 are fine. I'll take a look at the seats again and take pictures. only issue with my seats is the rear passenger seat is missing a chunk of leather. probably previous owner due to baby seat. i'll take a picture of that as well.

Quick Reply: door panels