IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Evans Waterless coolant ISF

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-14, 10:54 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 194 Likes on 126 Posts
Default Evans Waterless coolant ISF

Is anyone running the Evans Waterless Coolant in the ISF.
Any experience with this product.
I first learned about it while back on Wheelers Dealers TV show.
No pressure, no rust.....it all sounds good.

Evans High Performance Coolant

Eliminate cooling failures caused by water.

Evans Waterless Coolant’s high boiling point eliminates pump impeller cavitation. It remains a liquid under conditions where water would boil.
The absence of water from the cooling system eliminates the cause of corrosion, Evans Waterless Coolants are safe for use with all metals.
No electrolysis. Evans Waterless Coolants are non-conductive.
Maximize boil-over protection

Evans Waterless Coolants boil at 375°F, Evans Coolants won’t boil over in hot weather, heavy loads, high altitude, or high power output.
Evans Waterless Coolants instantly condense back to liquid state, providing constant liquid to metal contact, keeping metal temperatures under control.
Boils 375F @0psi
Freezes -40F
Viscosity 2.3cp @ 212F
Surface Tension 44dyn/cm
Increase power output and fuel efficiency.

Evans Waterless Coolants allow most engines to safely operate at a higher temperature. Engines can be safely tuned for more power or better fuel efficiency.
When trapped heat is eliminated from the cooling system non-computer regulatd engines can operate at higher temperature increasing engine efficiency.
Provide lifetime cooling performance and engine protection.

Evans Coolants are non-corrosive with stable additives, no need to change the coolant or replace additives.
Cooling effectiveness and corrosion protection continue for the life of the engine. Traditional water-based antifreeze must be flushed and changed at regular intervals.
Reduced operating pressure eliminates stress and protects engine cooling components, hoses, and gaskets. Cavitation erosion and electrolysis are also eliminated.

Last edited by Rossi; 10-18-14 at 11:02 PM.
Old 10-19-14, 09:42 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

sounds pretty solid. In all honestly though the F needs a better oil cooler. The radiator does well . On the track the oil temp will climb near red in less than 7-9 laps but coolant never get too far over half if even .
Old 10-19-14, 09:54 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,949 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Amazon reviews for the stuff are very good. May be something to look into.

Amazon Amazon

Lou
Old 10-19-14, 08:26 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 194 Likes on 126 Posts

I did some reading online. This stuff looks good. Koenigsegg uses it as OEM coolant.
I like the "no pressure" in the system benefit and zero chance of corrosion .
I bet this stuff would save the radiator and water pump way beyond its regular life-spam.
Attached Thumbnails Evans Waterless coolant ISF-evans.jpg  
Old 10-20-14, 06:49 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have used it in other cars, I had a couple extra jugs and gave it away. It's kind of a pain in the azz it can't be mixed with water at all so you need extra around and i always had to carry around an extra jug in the trunk in case it needed a top up. Of course that's an extream example of a highly modified car. In something closer to stock like most ISFs it might not be as big of an issue. However the benefits likely are not as large either. Do any of you know of a springless cap that's fits an ISF? Otherwise it's still going to be under pressure...

It used to be they recommended to change it every two years now I see they say it's good for life...
Old 10-21-14, 03:12 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,081 Likes on 2,473 Posts

Evans is a super smart guy. Running his stuff in an IS-F would be interesting. Usually when you run NPG, you need a higher volume coolant pump because the specific heat of NPG is lower than water and coolant. Since there are no options for running a higher volume pump, it might not work as well under full load.

Street driving wouldn't be an issue. Track driving might, and the cooling system works fine at the track as is. Now the oil cooler, there's a real target for improvement on the track.
Old 10-23-14, 08:02 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Evans is a super smart guy. Running his stuff in an IS-F would be interesting. Usually when you run NPG, you need a higher volume coolant pump because the specific heat of NPG is lower than water and coolant. Since there are no options for running a higher volume pump, it might not work as well under full load.

Street driving wouldn't be an issue. Track driving might, and the cooling system works fine at the track as is. Now the oil cooler, there's a real target for improvement on the track.

Seriously needs improvement. I ran the car at Inde recently with ambient temps in the low 70s and the oil temps were in the high zone after just a handful of laps. You can imagine what it did when I ran it in May on the Bondurant course with ambient temps near 100
Old 10-26-14, 12:59 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,081 Likes on 2,473 Posts

It goes to 1 bar under max. That's what I saw at CMP in 102F heat.
Old 10-26-14, 03:36 PM
Jowett
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

FWIW, some of the oil is always bypassing the cooler on the IS-F. This is due to hole drilled between one of the feed ports and the chamber where the filter lives. My best guess is that possibly the oil cooler is too restrictive in cold conditions or under higher volumes of flow. The 3UR-FE with oil cooler has a spring loaded bypass, it's just like an oil pump relief valve, that bypasses the oil cooler when conditions warrant.