IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Borla exhaust with custom tips?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-14, 04:26 PM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I too have the full Borla system and am very happy with its fit. I had to perform a few adjustments after my headers were installed but have no complaints and am happy I purchased the Borla.

Just as others did, I installed mine in my garage using jack stands.
Old 09-14-14, 07:56 PM
USB_F
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jat0223
Well I installed mine on Jack stands, got a prefect fitment and haven't had any sort of problems with fitment or leaks. The clamps allow adjustments for perfect alignment and fitment. So to me it's a well designed system and provides the perfect noise level, not too loud but not too low.
My old Borla was definitely easier to install than the Joe Z...
Old 09-16-14, 08:19 AM
MGordo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I chose Borla for a few reasons:

1. Supposed to be the quietest cat back exhaust
2. Performs as well if not better than others
3. Price point
4. Borla is super easy to order no matter where you live. (Im in Canada)
Im sure its easy to order JOeZ or PPE, but then you also have to worry about things like duty and brokerage fees.. which typically add a few hundred to the price which is already inflated by shipping. a $1,500 exhaust quickly turns into $1,800+, where as the Borla was $1,300Cdn shipped to my door, tax included. That difference is a few extra mods!
Old 09-16-14, 11:37 AM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

i actually just checked my exhaust tips and they almost line up perfectly, each side. i think after i hacked off the resonator, it shifted the system a little. hmm, maybe i'll add the tips...

the borla is OK, not great. for it's price point and gains, great bang for the buck. i've had to make some adjustments w/ the clamps to eliminate some rattling/fitment issues. even removed the middle heat shield. and w/ the resonator removed, it's decently louder, which is what i wanted. bc from the rear, our car's design doesn't really allow the mufflers or piping to really show off, i picked the borla. if the design would have been different, i'd probably would have spent the extra money for the JoeZ, to show off the fit and finish.
Old 09-24-14, 08:21 AM
MGordo
Driver

Well I installed my Borla Cat back last night and I am thrilled with the difference. Turned the car from mild mannered to a 'dont eff with me' in a matter of hours! Install was easy and fitment was excellent.
After hearing the Borla I cant imagine one of the other exhausts if this one is the quietest.. then again I also punched out the cats and installed O2 spacers. So far no CELs! (Maybe 30km on since install)

I ended up using these:
http://www.kseriesparts.com/cr/VIB-11620.html
And they come with different size inlet ports to adjust. I started with the smallest one and works great so far. Install was a little tricky with the O2 wires, but not bad.
Old 09-24-14, 01:18 PM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by BluStreak1
I have that setup. I bought it off of another member here. It looks to be 3" MagnaFlow tips welded on. I like the look.

this is nicely done
Old 06-29-15, 08:09 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Reviving this from the dead because I am curious regarding exhaust systems with through bumper tips. This thread states that the Greddy exhaust never went to market, does that mean this isn't actually available on this site?

http://vipautosalon.com/store/index....exhaust-system

4k isn't cheap, but cot damn that thing looks and sounds incredible.
Old 06-29-15, 09:12 PM
teamcalvin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FFM
Reviving this from the dead because I am curious regarding exhaust systems with through bumper tips. This thread states that the Greddy exhaust never went to market, does that mean this isn't actually available on this site?

http://vipautosalon.com/store/index....exhaust-system

4k isn't cheap, but cot damn that thing looks and sounds incredible.
I think there was only 1 or so that was ever installed here in the US... He was trying to sell it on the forums once.