IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Ppe headers installed; installer in tn/ga

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-14, 12:21 PM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ppe headers installed; installer in tn/ga

WoooHoooo I finally got my PPE headers installed!!!
I have to thanks Aj from Endless Autosport fhttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Endle...51894374875699 for competitive pricing and fast shipping!!

Also, I have to thanks Casey who is a Master Mechanic (at one of the dealership) for doing an excllent work on the installation! I strongly recommanded those who having trouble to find a skillful Master Tech you can trust in TN/GA area get in touch with Casey.

We discussed what need to be done on Thursday, provided him a few links on CL regarding on the installation; dropped off the car and parts on Friday afternoon; car was ready around 1pm today. I LOVE the sound of the headers!!!

The installation was clean and spot on which he gave big credit to PPE for high quality parts. The price he charged me was very reasonable! He's absolutly knowlegable and respectful (for both customer and cars).

You can contact him at caseypire@yahoo.com

Here's a treaser video from my dash camera
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKQtW...ature=youtu.be

I will upload more videos later on when the weather got clear.
My current set up: "JoeZ intake, aFe Highflow filter, Borla full exhaust, PPE Headers"

all power mod is done

Last edited by sleepyray; 01-04-14 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-04-14, 12:57 PM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats, that is a very nice sound.
Old 01-04-14, 04:12 PM
fstpassat
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Excellent! If you don't mind, what dealership does Casey work for and is he in Georgia or Tennessee?

Also, did you go with or without cats?

Last edited by fstpassat; 01-04-14 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-04-14, 05:57 PM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by fstpassat
Excellent! If you don't mind, what dealership does Casey work for and is he in Georgia or Tennessee?

Also, did you go with or without cats?
I don't mind to tell you, but since he's doing the installation as a side job and not really throu the dealership, I think it's better you actually contact him via email and ask him But I can tell you this much that according to the Service Rep that recommended him to me, Casey had work at some high end dealership as Master Tech/Mechanic as well.
And he's in Chattanooga, TN area. You can google TN 37421 to get a estimate distance.

just got a text back from him, he verified that the cat was part of the old manifolds which was removed. hope it answer you question!

Last edited by sleepyray; 01-04-14 at 06:35 PM.
Old 01-06-14, 11:57 AM
fstpassat
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Any further updates? Does the car feel faster? How loud is it cruising around town at normal loads?
Old 01-06-14, 01:36 PM
yjk1975
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any further updates? Does the car feel faster? How loud is it cruising around town at normal loads?
You will not regret headers. You quickly get used to the noise.
Old 01-06-14, 01:50 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

ye, but will a spouse?
Old 01-06-14, 08:20 PM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Well honestly, I am over the age of having a loud car, therefore its pretty loud IMO, I have to say that's nothing luxury about my lexus anymore lol.
The noise will pick up a little more in 50-70 mph range even it is cruising. I have to remove my pair of sunglasses in the top sunglasses holder since it actually rattle them.

But again I don't believe you can have the extra power and quietness at the same time. Can't have the best of both worlds :-/ So far I like the headers, the extra power is very noticeable. I do have compliment on how good my car sounds. For that being said, I guess I will just live with it and enjoy the moment.

I strongly doubt many wives will be happy with the mod, not only it is expensive and it does take away the luxury element of the car. It goes the same with any after market exhaust. Again it just my opinion.
Old 01-07-14, 08:59 AM
SprtDesign
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lmood
ye, but will a spouse?
lol..............
Old 01-07-14, 09:57 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepyray
Well honestly, I am over the age of having a loud car, therefore its pretty loud IMO, I have to say that's nothing luxury about my lexus anymore lol.
The noise will pick up a little more in 50-70 mph range even it is cruising. I have to remove my pair of sunglasses in the top sunglasses holder since it actually rattle them.

But again I don't believe you can have the extra power and quietness at the same time. Can't have the best of both worlds :-/ So far I like the headers, the extra power is very noticeable. I do have compliment on how good my car sounds. For that being said, I guess I will just live with it and enjoy the moment.

I strongly doubt many wives will be happy with the mod, not only it is expensive and it does take away the luxury element of the car. It goes the same with any after market exhaust. Again it just my opinion.
This post pretty much sums up the reasons why I have been fence sitting on getting PPE headers for over a year. I wouldn't mind extra power, but I do enjoy the luxury aspects of the car more... Not sure it's worth giving that up, especially for the price. I like them on other people's cars I think, if that makes sense.
Old 01-07-14, 10:00 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

buy your wife some earplugs/muffs, problem solved
Old 01-07-14, 10:04 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
I like them on other people's cars I think, if that makes sense.
It does.

It's also a good idea to hear some cars in person, if ever in doubt. I caught a few members at one of the cars and coffee some months ago, and found some of the setups to be very livable. I think something with cats would suit me fine, for example.

Last edited by Lets Drive; 01-07-14 at 10:12 AM.
Old 01-07-14, 12:34 PM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just quoted $1500-1800 for install by our local Supra tuning shop... i'm leaning towards doing this install myself and taking pictures/video while doing so
Old 01-07-14, 01:44 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Shinobi-X
It does.

It's also a good idea to hear some cars in person, if ever in doubt. I caught a few members at one of the cars and coffee some months ago, and found some of the setups to be very livable. I think something with cats would suit me fine, for example.
Thanks to the big East Coast ISF meet we had last year, I think I've probably heard just about every exhaust/header combo possible. I've taken a ride in Zapa's car and he has the PPE/JoeZ combo. I love the sound of a throaty V8 letting everyone around know that you've got some serious business under the hood, but I just don't know if I want that in my ears everyday on the ride in to work. If my ISF was a 2nd car, I'd have done the headers a long time ago. I used to have an extremely loud weekend car right before I bought the ISF (a turbo S2000). Part of the reason I sold that and my daily at the time was because I wanted one car to drive everyday that hit all the things I wanted out of a car... luxury, speed, reliability, rarity, 4 doors... and the minute I start tinkering with my exhaust system, I'm going away from the whole point of buying the ISF.

Chances are I'm going to keep my exhaust stock, but I fully support other people getting PPEs!
Old 01-07-14, 03:24 PM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
I was just quoted $1500-1800 for install by our local Supra tuning shop... i'm leaning towards doing this install myself and taking pictures/video while doing so
Oh hell no! the price range for the installation is somewhere from $500 - $750; depend on the location!

Quick Reply: Ppe headers installed; installer in tn/ga