IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

New isf pulling to the right?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-13, 03:55 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by vados2009
This is what happens to your stock tire ( one of em ) if your brand new isf pulling to the right

Will be taking it to lexus of Sacramento tomorrow....
No, this is what happens when it is toed out too much. Pull is a consequence, not a cause.
Old 10-17-13, 02:09 AM
toky916
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My rear right tire had inner cord was showing.

Btw got the new lexus IS and love it compared to the old one lot more stiff and minimal body roll.
Old 10-17-13, 09:43 AM
vados2009
Driver School Candidate

so I just dropped off the car at dealership and they say that it is perfectly normal for a tire to wear out like that after 24k miles , is it true? or they just telling me that cause everything is normal for a dealership as you know..
Old 10-17-13, 10:20 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by vados2009
so I just dropped off the car at dealership and they say that it is perfectly normal for a tire to wear out like that after 24k miles , is it true? or they just telling me that cause everything is normal for a dealership as you know..
yes that is normal with stocks. mines lasted less then that only at 20k and I had to switch. the stocks should last close to 30k or more with the adjusted alignment...
Old 10-17-13, 02:22 PM
itsmike177
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

No spec sheets were provided and I neglected to even ask for them.... idiot move on my part...

Tires are wearing evenly, just the damn right pull.... anyone in Southern CA can recommend which dealer/alignment shop is able to actually fix this issue? With the camber bushings or however they can...

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Post your alignment sheet. That will tell most everything. "Radial pull" just means they don't really know what is wrong.
Old 10-17-13, 03:45 PM
toky916
Pole Position

We'll mine only lasted 14k miles so I was disappointed would had loved to get more out of them.

And I all ways feel like I need to switch dealerships when they tell me so for different issues.
Old 10-17-13, 09:44 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
yes that is normal with stocks. mines lasted less then that only at 20k and I had to switch. the stocks should last close to 30k or more with the adjusted alignment...
It all depends. I got 30k on my IS350 front and rear. I couldn't understand what everybody was complaining about. When I got my F, I figured it out pretty quickly. It's not "normal", but it is common. This kind of wear is only normal if you drive around with an aggressive autocross alignment all the time.
Old 10-22-13, 11:49 AM
toky916
Pole Position

So I finally got the call going to pick it up today and see if they really fixed it .
Old 10-26-13, 10:18 AM
itsmike177
Advanced

Any updates if they fixed the issue? And what was replaced? Thanks

Originally Posted by toky916
So I finally got the call going to pick it up today and see if they really fixed it .
Old 11-20-13, 08:26 PM
itsmike177
Advanced

Post your alignment sheet. That will tell most everything. "Radial pull" just means they don't really know what is wrong.
Update: took the ISF in to get it aligned and have the right pull fixed, but issue remains even after the installation of a caster bushing (48076-53020).
It still pulls to the right just like before, no change.

Attached is the alignment sheet AFTER the install of the bushing and the invoice detailing the work.

Service manager states next step is to contact the field service tech and have them come out and troubleshoot the issue.

Is the alignment incorrect? Thanks for anyones input....
Attached Thumbnails New isf pulling to the right?!-img_2134.jpg   New isf pulling to the right?!-img_2135.jpg  

Last edited by itsmike177; 11-20-13 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-20-13, 09:24 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

I'd like to see rear toe equally balanced. That's the only thing I see that's slightly less than perfect.

I'd suspect the tires at this point, but they are following the factory recommended troubleshooting tree to the letter.
Old 11-20-13, 09:48 PM
itsmike177
Advanced

I'd like to see rear toe equally balanced. That's the only thing I see that's slightly less than perfect.

I'd suspect the tires at this point, but they are following the factory recommended troubleshooting tree to the letter.
The right pull issue occurred with the original OEM PS2's. Swapped them side to side, still pulled to the right. Put on PSS on all 4's about 2000 miles ago (stock size), still pulls to the right. Pulled to the right when brand new and broken in. Swapped them side to side, right pull is still there.

At this point, I have no idea what to do for resolution besides waiting for the field service tech.....
Old 11-20-13, 10:24 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

The only other measurement I'd be checking is wheelbase. If it's significantly off left to right it will pull. It should not be, but it's always possible they didn't get something quite right at the factory. I'm assuming they've checked the wheel bearings and all the bushings to make sure nothing is amiss. A bad bushing or wheel bearing could also cause this, but the odds of that are so small it isn't funny.
Old 01-13-14, 04:51 PM
itsmike177
Advanced

I measured the drivers and passengers side wheelbase and both are of equal length.

Settings for the alignment are a few posts above, and if you are stating it is within spec, I have no idea what to do next. The car veers to the right (not a drift) pretty badly after 3-5 seconds, swapping tires side to side, new tires, all are of no help. If the road is bumpy, it really wants to go the right.

Lexus Corporate is of no help, last update was "they contacted the dealer and the alignment sheet is in the green." Dealer isn't calling back either. Bad bushing or bearing, dealer stated they checked it, along with all the suspension parts and they all check out. I am at a standstill for over 1 year now with no resolution in sight.

To reiterate, right pull occurred on OEM PS2s and now PSS's. Stock wheels, stock suspension, never curbed or been in an accident. Alignment is "good" according to the Lexus dealer and West End alignment.

Anyone in Southern CA know of a good alignment store or one that has actually fixed the issue? Please do not say West End, I've been to them 3 times and they concluded it's a design flaw in the IS model.

The only other measurement I'd be checking is wheelbase. If it's significantly off left to right it will pull. It should not be, but it's always possible they didn't get something quite right at the factory. I'm assuming they've checked the wheel bearings and all the bushings to make sure nothing is amiss. A bad bushing or wheel bearing could also cause this, but the odds of that are so small it isn't funny.
Old 01-13-14, 06:14 PM
Mydogbella
Pole Position

I have a 2012 and I don't have that issue. However I have a buddy that lives in Seattle and he has an f and he said he does notice it sometimes.

Quick Reply: New isf pulling to the right?!