IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexon CF Lip from Carson Tuned ISSUES

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-13, 08:38 AM
f22s2k
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexon CF Lip from Carson Tuned ISSUES

Its been 4 months now since I placed an order through Carson Tuned to get my Lexon CF lip and after being told numerous excuses/problems I am forced to make a decision. Apparently Lexon Japan sent Carson the FRP version TWICE on accident over these past 4 months AND also being told Lexon Japan acknowledged the mistake after the 2nd time that they will AIR SHIP within 7 days (all bs IMO) I still have not received it. After speaking with Luis yesterday for the 30th time in last month I was told I would have to wait another 10-12 weeks for it because they would have to place another special order for it. I am officially fed up with all this nonsense and very displeased at how Carson updates/calls back their customers.

I currently have the Tom's diffuser installed and was planning to install my Tom's sides along with the Lexon lip but since I basically will not be seeing it I have 2 choices. Return the Tom's sides and cancel the Lexon order and get a full refund or return the Tom's sides and get the FRP Lexon lip and paint it. I was wondering if you guys think it's weird to have a CF diffuser and a painted lip. I originally wanted the whole CF look but after all this I just about had it.
Old 03-21-13, 09:17 AM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd get the Tom's front lip to match the rest of your kit.
Old 03-21-13, 09:23 AM
f22s2k
Driver School Candidate

already checked into that and its 8-10 week wait... honestly im so sick and tired of waiting and being given ridiculous estimates
Old 03-21-13, 09:29 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Old 03-21-13, 09:41 AM
f22s2k
Driver School Candidate

hey blitz, i saw the BBQ and would love to attend but it's my birthday on Sunday and I will be in Vegas all weekend... next time!
Old 03-21-13, 09:50 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Urs birthday present is going to be 55 other ISF and 1 LFA and a bunch of good food and drinks and friends what more can u ask for any birthday , Vegas u can go anytime . In addition since this is family oriented BBQ even, if not we would have some models and couple lapdances for you lolz
Old 03-21-13, 10:20 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Honestly, I don't think it's weird. Some will say to keep the kit as a whole, but if you envision having your car a certain way with a la carte items, there's nothing wrong with that. Personally, a front lip, though it might serve some downforce for our cars, will get more beaten up than say a rear diffuser. Getting a CF one for the front may look cool, but it'll be more prone to bump into things and more likely scrape. Getting it is hard, but having to replace a CF front lip is brutal, especially if it's coming from Japan.

I'd hold out a bit longer. I know TOMS products can semi easily be obtained, but I wouldn't want to wreck that front lip. But certainly do what you like to the car. And happy early birthday, my friend!
Old 03-21-13, 11:21 AM
f22s2k
Driver School Candidate

haha thanks for the offer blitz but gotta pass this time!

bnizzle thanks for your input! i just might as well wait around for the toms and make it a whole
Old 03-21-13, 11:48 AM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get the front wrap in CF..? lol.. if not pm me the price for the toms side as i might be interested in buying it off you so you dont need to return it...haha
Old 03-21-13, 09:52 PM
boostftw
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by f22s2k
I was wondering if you guys think it's weird to have a CF diffuser and a painted lip
sorry about your issues, hopefully you get what you want in the long run

I'm currently running a painted lip with CF side and rear diffuser. here are some pics:

Old 03-21-13, 10:41 PM
FMYLIFE
Rookie

I'm having the same issue with Assaultech after I ordered the Toms CF Front Lip and Toms CF Rear Diffuser.

When I ordered the estimated delivery date was late February, but now it's "indefinitely stuck in customs" with no updates what so ever.

Last edited by FMYLIFE; 03-21-13 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-22-13, 07:44 AM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

^ really?? that suck, I had order 2 rear diffuser and also a toms front lip from Dan and both time i received my order within a week like promise. The only down side i can say bad about them is the lack of communication once payment is sent..
Old 03-22-13, 08:44 AM
MDISF
Driver School Candidate

I had issues trying to keep track of my joe z intake from them...just sayin'
Old 03-22-13, 01:00 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MDISF
I had issues trying to keep track of my joe z intake from them...just sayin'
From Carson Tuned? I didnt have issues when I ordered mine, I placed the order online but had to contact Luis via email and a phone call cause when I tried to payout online, it couldnt calculate the shipping to Guam. Other than that, I received my tracking number and smooth sailing from there, and received my JoeZ intake and AFE filter in the same box.

To the OP, sorry to hear about your experience and I could relate to your fustration. Hopefully you get everything worked out with Luis.
Old 03-22-13, 02:33 PM
FMYLIFE
Rookie

Originally Posted by obby
^ really?? that suck, I had order 2 rear diffuser and also a toms front lip from Dan and both time i received my order within a week like promise. The only down side i can say bad about them is the lack of communication once payment is sent..
Yes. It's extremely disappointing.

I ordered from them based on your posts about your great experience.

Assaultech is quick to take your money though.

OP. I feel your pain. Similar story different vendor.

Quick Reply: Lexon CF Lip from Carson Tuned ISSUES