Lexus IS-F Discontinued

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-13, 06:19 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Lol @ this reporting. We already knew that the ISF was special order now and that the first year would be for the 2014 IS sedan only. The F is not dead, and will be back in a couple years
I sure hope you're right man. I'd hate to see the IS-F disappear. Unless Lexus replaces it with something else it would seem like a huge step back in the wrong direction.
Old 03-08-13, 06:45 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

If it does get wacked, I won't ever be getting rid of my F

Last edited by darbs242; 03-10-13 at 06:41 PM.
Old 03-08-13, 06:52 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Highly doubt it's gonna get sacked.
Old 03-08-13, 07:23 PM
Usptwins
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if you guys are talking specifically about the IS series, but do remember that the Lexus LF-LC is suppose to be coming out in a few years. I actually think that that, will be a nice *** car. Although i do love that IS-F...
Old 03-08-13, 08:14 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by T-Rex06
You're comparing apples to oranges. It doesn't mean anything if Lexus sold more IS-F than Ferraris.

IS-F is the first performance oriented car from Lexus. Even if it's discontinued, no one knows if the value will hold like Supra or NSX. Only time will tell. I hope Lexus continues to make them. One thing for sure is that IS-Fs are rare but not a collector's item. I think it's pointless to speculate at this time and just enjoy the car.

Terrance
If Lexus continues to make the F our resale values will without a doubt plummet more than if they discontinued it, that's for sure. The value will certainly hold or even go up if they discontinue it. Basic idea of supply and demand. Supply is low, demand goes up, so does price.
Old 03-08-13, 08:51 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Everyone needs to stop thinking about car values....this car ain't gonna be worth anything unless they either stop making it...or continue making it and people continue to crash 1st gen IS Fs. OR...this is the last of the V8 engines. 11,000 cars world wide....how many are in the US?

There were 5000 E30 M3s at one point....20 years later...could be less than 1000 on the streets now.
Old 03-08-13, 09:00 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^You just contradicted yourself by saying "let's not talk about car values, but the car will be worth something if blah blah blah"....lol.

Who knows what Lexus will do. I'll still be keeping the F.
Old 03-08-13, 09:55 PM
T-Rex06
Ho Motorsports

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
If Lexus continues to make the F our resale values will without a doubt plummet more than if they discontinued it, that's for sure. The value will certainly hold or even go up if they discontinue it. Basic idea of supply and demand. Supply is low, demand goes up, so does price.
You're correct to a certain extent. Supply and demand definitely dictate the price but not to a point where people are willing to pay a premium for a used one. I just don't see that happening anytime soon. The more important question is that if the IS-F will be considered a special car or not. That'll have a major influence on the pricing. It's just too premature at this point.

My opinion is that our cars are rare but just not special enough to command a premium even if Lexus decides to pull the plug. I could be very wrong also.

Terrance
Old 03-08-13, 10:04 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by T-Rex06
You're comparing apples to oranges. It doesn't mean anything if Lexus sold more IS-F than Ferraris.

IS-F is the first performance oriented car from Lexus. Even if it's discontinued, no one knows if the value will hold like Supra or NSX. Only time will tell. I hope Lexus continues to make them. One thing for sure is that IS-Fs are rare but not a collector's item. I think it's pointless to speculate at this time and just enjoy the car.

Terrance
I guess you didn't notice the ...

Also, I wouldn't consider over 11,000 units sold Globally, over 5 years exactly rare...

Low volume is a YES..!!!

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 03-08-13 at 10:09 PM.
Old 03-08-13, 10:11 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

anything they build next will just be bigger and heavier!
Old 03-08-13, 10:13 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

When I read the report in USA Today, I called my Lexus salesperson and asked it it were true. She had not heard anything official but hoped it was true. The IS-F was nothing but a problem for the dealers. Lots of people wanting to test drive that could never qualify for a loan for a $60K car. The dealership stopped stocking any and only sold them as special order only. Used, they presented the same problem plus concern about how they were driven so they were wholesaled.
Steve
Old 03-08-13, 10:21 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by oldcajun
When I read the report in USA Today, I called my Lexus salesperson and asked it it were true. She had not heard anything official but hoped it was true. The IS-F was nothing but a problem for the dealers. Lots of people wanting to test drive that could never qualify for a loan for a $60K car. The dealership stopped stocking any and only sold them as special order only. Used, they presented the same problem plus concern about how they were driven so they were wholesaled.
Steve
So the dealership is the best place to get information right? Lexus sales people know nothing. Majority of car sales people know nothing! They're there to sell you a car....they don't care what's coming and what's not coming unless what's actually coming is going to be a huge seller in which they can sell tons of them...otherwise they don't care.

Also it says you live in AZ....different kind of demographic. Come here to socal...plenty of IS Fs here. An IS F aint nothin compared to all the AMGs running around.
Old 03-08-13, 11:16 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I highly doubt the IS-F line will be discountinued, rather I think it'll just be stalled for a year or two.

Either way I am holding onto my money so I can get into the next IS-F. If the ISF line ends now, I made a very big miscalculation
Old 03-09-13, 05:01 AM
TooFly4Ya
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by edgeucated
I highly doubt the IS-F line will be discountinued, rather I think it'll just be stalled for a year or two.

Either way I am holding onto my money so I can get into the next IS-F. If the ISF line ends now, I made a very big miscalculation
I second that, it seems wrong for Lexus to begin the performance chase and a few years into it just give it up. My hopes are that they will tell everyone NO more ISF's to be made like the reporter stated in the article then 2-3 years later. Come out with a new IS-F just renamed.
- You can only imagine how the IS-F enjoyers did a double take when reading the headlines in USA Today - I'm sure there was a repeated..."Huh, hold up, what?"

As for the future...Only time will tell... I just wanted to share my surprise when I heard the news.
Old 03-09-13, 06:34 AM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope they do can the ISF and any sports cars

that way i wont have to upgrade, lol

I also need a 2011+ owner to wreck their car so i can take their diff lol

Quick Reply: Lexus IS-F Discontinued