IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Anybody have 19" CV3s?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-13, 07:25 PM
Reaper21
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anybody have 19" CV3s?

I've looked through all the threads of IS-F's on CV3s and they look great, but they all seem to be 20". Has anybody purchased the 19" CV3s?
Old 01-15-13, 07:56 PM
LegendGT1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't recall seeing any F's with the 19's but I found a 350 with a set

More Here
Old 01-15-13, 08:13 PM
Vossen Wheels
Former Sponsor

I recall seeing a dark blue IS on Matte Graphite 19" CV3's, searching for the pictures now!

Edit! Here's the car I was referring to! Belongs to CL member Wasawat

Found another 2IS on 19's that belongs to CL member bryong1 and has 235/35/19 and 275/30/19 tires

Last edited by Vossen Wheels; 01-15-13 at 08:57 PM.
Old 01-16-13, 06:51 AM
DS2k
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

I was thinking the same thing, but when I contacted Vossen about it just a few days ago, this was their reply:

"Sadly our 19" wheels don't clear the IS F brakes, the 20's do.... Sadly the brake will hit part of the wheel due to the design. Sorry."

so I'm on the same boat as you now, looking for other 19" 5-spoke options.
Old 01-16-13, 07:30 AM
Vossen Wheels
Former Sponsor

D-oh! Forgot about the ISF brakes, good catch DS2K! The extra .5" in width on the 20's helps to clear those big brakes.
Old 01-16-13, 09:23 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DS2k
I was thinking the same thing, but when I contacted Vossen about it just a few days ago, this was their reply:

"Sadly our 19" wheels don't clear the IS F brakes, the 20's do.... Sadly the brake will hit part of the wheel due to the design. Sorry."

Check out CCW wheels. They actually make the wheels to spec so you can choose your offsets or tell them the fit you are after and they will provide the wheels in the respective offset's. they also have very nice high quality wheels. No Chinese BS or a set of pre-made offsets to choose from. The prices are very competitive based on the available options.
Old 01-16-13, 11:32 AM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

HOT!

Old 01-16-13, 12:25 PM
Polkman
Driver

Originally Posted by kauaian
Check out CCW wheels. They actually make the wheels to spec so you can choose your offsets or tell them the fit you are after and they will provide the wheels in the respective offset's. they also have very nice high quality wheels. No Chinese BS or a set of pre-made offsets to choose from. The prices are very competitive based on the available options.
O'really now? Well my isf is on 19s cv3s and it seems to fit great. However I did have to remove the air caps in the front to avoid rubbing. But other than that it fits.
Old 01-16-13, 01:26 PM
Reaper21
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DS2k

Is it a diameter issue or offset issue? If they won't clear the brakes because of the offset then I can just add some spacers.

Originally Posted by Polkman
O'really now? Well my isf is on 19s cv3s and it seems to fit great. However I did have to remove the air caps in the front to avoid rubbing. But other than that it fits.
So (except for any fender rubbing), your 19" CV3s fit fine with no issues? Pics?
Old 01-16-13, 01:30 PM
Polkman
Driver

Originally Posted by Reaper21
Is it a diameter issue or offset issue? If they won't clear the brakes because of the offset then I can just add some spacers.

So (except for any fender rubbing), your 19" CV3s fit fine with no issues? Pics?
There's no rubbing at all with the fenders. My tpms air cap use to scrape on my BBKs until I took the cap off. I don't know how to add pictures onto these forums but ill pm you my number and can send you pics from my phone.
Old 01-16-13, 04:41 PM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well good to hear but based on what was said above by vossen themselves the first thing that comes to mind is inconsistent fitment. Either way I personally think this wheel style is very nice and compliments the F very well! I actually like almost all of Vossens designs and I would purchase these if I could choose my actual offsets.

To the OP goodluck on your search!
Old 01-17-13, 10:05 AM
DS2k
Pole Position

Awesome news! I'm really excited now!!

Originally Posted by Reaper21
That was my follow up question to them, but they essentially said don't bother.
Old 01-17-13, 10:07 AM
DS2k
Pole Position

There's no rubbing at all with the fenders. My tpms air cap use to scrape on my BBKs until I took the cap off. I don't know how to add pictures onto these forums but ill pm you my number and can send you pics from my phone.
you'll have to upload them to an image hosting site (flickr, tinypic, etc.) and then post the links here.
Old 01-18-13, 08:43 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey we really need to clear this up, that is awesome that 19" CV3s fit. Can you email me at mike@vossewwheels.com please. Thank you.
Old 01-18-13, 08:57 AM
greenislex
Driver School Candidate

hey mike doublecheck that email spelling bro

Quick Reply: Anybody have 19" CV3s?