IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

AISIN ADVICS Carbon Ceramic FRONT Brake Pads Set AD1365

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-12, 06:11 PM
localnark
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AISIN ADVICS Carbon Ceramic FRONT Brake Pads Set AD1365

Hello everyone I am new to posting on the threads so i hope i'm asking this in the right section, My 08 Is-f is about due for some front pads. As i am the typical F owner i cant stand the brake dust and noise from the Brembo pads. I was thinking about purchasing these Aisin pads for about 90$. The reason i'm thinking about these is i know these where factory choice for many toyota line vehicles, Any body use these or have any opinion on these, or a is there a pad that you have used and just love. Thanks
Old 07-18-12, 06:14 PM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the "wearever" pads. Do a search and you'll see that the dust is reduced by quite a bit.
Old 07-18-12, 06:19 PM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One of my friends using the Wearever on his IS-F likes them as well. He showed me his wheel with about 500 miles on them and there was hardly any brake dust. No where near what the stock pads produce. The only problem he said with them is the initial "bite" isn't there like it is with the stock pads.

A few of my friends really like the Project Mu pads (low brake dust - good power); however, they come with a high price tag.

Last edited by 2ndGF; 07-18-12 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-18-12, 09:20 PM
MWhit02

the "initial bite" of the wearever pads is not as good as factory pads. I have them. Very low dust though.
Old 07-18-12, 11:00 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

"i can't stand the dust, but i want my car to stop really well"

"i don't like the noise that these pads make, but i love how my car stops really well"

"i want a brake pad that doesn't produce brake dust, is very quiet, and i never have to replace them....oh and i want them for free"

I heard if you replace the Brembo 6-piston setup, with the 2 piston setup from an IS250...your brake dust is almost like nonexistent.
Old 07-19-12, 04:32 AM
ming15237
Lead Lap

I can't comment on this specific application, but aisin is a top rate manufacture of brake pads often found on Toyota and Nissan vehicles from the factory. For 90 it would be hard to go wrong. When i asked the Advance autoparts brake rep where these Wearever pads are made , he gave me the answer of "where ever"... NOT the answer I want when putting something as important as brake pads on someone's vehicle!
Old 07-19-12, 07:29 AM
localnark
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ming15237
I can't comment on this specific application, but aisin is a top rate manufacture of brake pads often found on Toyota and Nissan vehicles from the factory. For 90 it would be hard to go wrong. When i asked the Advance autoparts brake rep where these Wearever pads are made , he gave me the answer of "where ever"... NOT the answer I want when putting something as important as brake pads on someone's vehicle!
Thanks for your opinions, I agree what I have read this manufacture is a combination of several big name companies in Japan. I am going to pull the trigger and buy these.I will install them and let you know. Thanks
Old 07-19-12, 07:52 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for being the guinea pig localnark, I would like to know how the Aisin pads hold up.

Also, join NEISF! It connects us Northeast ISF owners -- https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...sf-thread.html
Old 07-19-12, 09:52 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by localnark
Thanks for your opinions, I agree what I have read this manufacture is a combination of several big name companies in Japan. I am going to pull the trigger and buy these.I will install them and let you know. Thanks
Awesome..!!

I am ready to move on from the Project Mu's..
They did FIT perfectly just like OEM and did create less dust, but I am ready to try something else..

When you do receive these.. Do you mind taking some up close photos of the "puck" placement on the backing plate ??

I can usually tell within seconds how the pad will work when it glides over the rotors..

If the pads are made exactly to OEM spec fitment, it should be a win win situation.

Does it show if they have available Rear Brake Pads ?

They do provide Lexus with many OE brake parts..

~ Joe Z
Old 07-19-12, 04:53 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I find it very interesting that many of these pad manufacturers use very similar part ID's

Raybestos ATD1365
Wearever CNAD1365
Aisin ADVICS AD1365
CArbotech CT1365
Stoptech D1365

Is there a particular reason for this, or are we all buying the same pads in disguise?

Digger08
Old 07-19-12, 05:15 PM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

it usually has to do with the shape/size of the pad thats why part # looks similar
Old 07-19-12, 06:13 PM
localnark
Driver School Candidate

wow that's a really good point (s) I wonder if they really are just the same pad in a different box and sold by a different company but also streetx makes a good point it could be a number relating to some type of sizing with the pad.
Old 07-19-12, 06:47 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Awesome..!!

I am ready to move on from the Project Mu's..
They did FIT perfectly just like OEM and did create less dust, but I am ready to try something else..

When you do receive these.. Do you mind taking some up close photos of the "puck" placement on the backing plate ??

I can usually tell within seconds how the pad will work when it glides over the rotors..

If the pads are made exactly to OEM spec fitment, it should be a win win situation.

Does it show if they have available Rear Brake Pads ?

They do provide Lexus with many OE brake parts..

~ Joe Z
Was it a performance issue with the project mu's?
Old 07-20-12, 04:10 AM
localnark
Driver School Candidate

Here is some info off there website in regards to the pads.

ADVICS Corporate Website

AISIN, DENSO, and Sumitomo Electric, the premier original equipment brake system manufacturers in the world, have joined forces to produce ADVICS brand premium brake pads.

Kit Includes: Brake Pads with Preassembled Shims, Molybdenum Silicone Lubricant and Skin Packed for Quality Assurance.

FEATURES:

Consistent braking peformance through the use of carbon ceramic friction material.
Design and manufacturing under original equipment specifications assures superior quality.
Quiet, smooth and low dust operation under all braking conditions.
Brake shims meet or exceed original equipment specifications to achieve extreme low noise and reduce vibrations.
Organic formula provides longer pad and rotor life.

http://www.aisinaftermarket.com/Engl...cts/Advics.php
Old 07-20-12, 04:59 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't know about the Aisin brand, but I can heartily recommend pads from Carbotech. No dust and no noise when installed on the '08 I used to own. They aren't quite as inexpensive as the ones that you mentioned, but well worth every dollar.

Quick Reply: AISIN ADVICS Carbon Ceramic FRONT Brake Pads Set AD1365