IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Voseen CV3

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-12, 06:44 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you guys serious? You're using spacers on a car such as the ISF? Why don't you guys get wheels (or at least offsets) meant to be for the ISF? Just IMHO.
Old 05-14-12, 06:47 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You can get project kics with built in studs at 10 mm

For OP the difference between +38 & +32 is so small it's like 1/4" just run a spacers don't waste time
Old 05-14-12, 06:48 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Nothing wrong with quality spacers just don't get junk ones
Old 05-14-12, 06:59 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Juanca
Are you guys serious? You're using spacers on a car such as the ISF? Why don't you guys get wheels (or at least offsets) meant to be for the ISF? Just IMHO.
The Vossens do fit the ISF very well. Theres nothing wrong with someone running a tiny spacer if they choose to do so. Its a one piece wheel so you obviously cant order them custom. Looks way better than the sunken battle ship stock wheels that need at least a 15mm spacer. And I had $8k D2 Forged 3 piece wheels before this that are made specific for the ISF. And the Vossens I have now sit better.
Old 05-14-12, 07:10 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't plan on getting spacers but like I said I will be thinking about this until tomorrow if it is worth the swap to +32 instead of +38. depending on how much the shipping charge and shipping arrangements are made I might actually keep the ones I have. I'm just glad that the rep from the company I order was very responsive and cooperated with me over via email.
Old 05-14-12, 07:11 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

I'm sure you guys got the ISF because of the performance specs, otherwise you would be driving an IS250 F-Sport. If that is true, why you guys choose a cast wheel that weights more than a forged one, and on top of that add a spacer that will bring increased unsprung weight and the added stress on the hub, which might result in a shorter life span on the hub bearings? If you paid $8k for wheels I'm sure you could demand to make them fit any way you wanted, even flush to the fenders. There is no comparisson between D2 Forged 3-piece wheels with Vossen cast wheels, it's like ISF to F-Sport.
Old 05-14-12, 07:20 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm sure you guys got the ISF because of the performance specs, otherwise you would be driving an IS250 F-Sport. If that is true, why you guys choose a cast wheel that weights more than a forged one, and on top of that add a spacer that will bring increased unsprung weight and the added stress on the hub, which might result in a shorter life span on the hub bearings? If you paid $8k for wheels I'm sure you could demand to make them fit any way you wanted, even flush to the fenders. There is no comparisson between D2 Forged 3-piece wheels with Vossen cast wheels, it's like ISF to F-Sport.
I think we all have different purposes for the F...right now I'm just getting my car ready for the show season. the light weight wheels will be something later down the road. hehehehe the only thing stopping me is the price. gonna be saving up for them.
Old 05-14-12, 07:37 PM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was in search for rims for a while now an couldn't find what i wanted, also summer was getting closer and here at nor cal we have many meets and car event that i would like to attend and wanted something for the mean time other than stock which i resulted in getting the vossen because they look dammm good. Also it give me a chance to play around with the offset by adding spacer so when i find something that i really want i can just order it knowing exactly how its gonna fit. plus my car its a garage *****... and also i ran many different type of spacer before with many different car i had owned and never once i had a problem with them..
Old 05-14-12, 08:32 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Why do you seem to be so concerned with what wheels people buy for their ISF with their money? Obviously if people are stepping up to 20"s it's to make the car look better. Not take it out to the track. More than half the people here do not track their car or go race people. And if I did that's why I have my stock wheels that you seem so proud of sitting in the garage. And like its been said before the Vossens with tires barely weighed more than the stock wheels with tires. It's been posted before with pictures. And the D2 wheels were noticeably heavier than stock. Anyways let's get back on topic since this thread was for info on the Vossen wheels. Not to bash people for what they choose to have. And I don't have spacers on my car. I'm happy with how the wheels look. I'm not gonna mess up the fenders on a $60k car to make it look more flush.
Old 05-14-12, 09:57 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Roll your fenders bacon is in
Old 05-15-12, 07:30 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Don't get me wrong CalitriSC, I love Vossen wheels, especially the CV line. My comment is about using spacers on this car. I remember a couple of years ago when Vossen launched the CV1, they used Splat's ISF and even though the car looked great, things didn't go as we all expected. Later on Vossen acknowledged that their CV1 wouldn't fit the ISF properly:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...en-option.html

The CV3 is a different story, it actually fits the ISF, but if Vossen decides to go the 3-piece route their rims would fit even better on our cars. The wheels are not that light, the CV1 weights 33 lbs, the CV3 28 lbs.
Old 05-15-12, 09:36 AM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

i think vossens look really cool especially the CV3 but not sure if i want to rock a Taiwanese made rim on a car such as the F.

Old 05-15-12, 10:03 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

^^^ It sounds weird but that's the price for saving money. They look awesome though.
Old 05-15-12, 10:22 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Vossens started out being 3 piece wheels. And they stopped making all the multi piece wheels for the newer one piece monoblock
Old 05-15-12, 08:24 PM
DHRP
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aside from the weight and cast vs. forged, the CV3's look sick. But I would really want them just so I could cut my wheel cleaning time by at least half.

Quick Reply: Voseen CV3