My 2012 IS-F Wheels has been Stolen

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-12, 09:47 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Exactly...!!!!

Call the COPS and let them know you have possibly located your stolen wheels... within PA

IF the sensor ID's in the wheel match the ID's registered in your car...
BOOM!! someone is going to jail....

ACT SMART & ACT FAST...

~ Joe Z

Originally Posted by Toymota
Damn. Sorry to the OP that it happened to you.

But yeah, this could get exciting. Your car would be programmed to the original TPMS sensors in your wheels, so if they match you've nailed the thief.

You need to get the police and dealer (to make sure they don't overwrite the TPMS sensor information) involved immediately

Last edited by Joe Z; 04-25-12 at 09:51 AM.
Old 04-25-12, 10:01 AM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that is a pawn shop. I looked up the phone number in that craigslist ad on craigslist. he is selling 4 other items. In the pics it looks like a pawn shop. Those wheels were sold to that pawn shop right away for cash it looks like. Not sure what you could do, except purchase those wheels, and also get the insurance money to replace.
Old 04-25-12, 10:07 AM
TheBatman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Disgusting. I have zero tolerance for stuff like this. Sorry about your wheels.
Old 04-25-12, 10:11 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

Any updates? Call the police yet?
Old 04-25-12, 10:17 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Oooh the plot thickens! This is like a 60-Minutes special report....

Old 04-25-12, 10:25 AM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

Yeah dude, get on it. Call the cops.
Old 04-25-12, 10:30 AM
TheBatman
Driver

Originally Posted by fleadog99
I think that is a pawn shop. I looked up the phone number in that craigslist ad on craigslist. he is selling 4 other items. In the pics it looks like a pawn shop. Those wheels were sold to that pawn shop right away for cash it looks like. Not sure what you could do, except purchase those wheels, and also get the insurance money to replace.
If that's the case, then proper title did not pass to pawn shop owner. OP needs to prove they are his goods, through serial numbers/unique identifier, and should sue the pawn shop owner for conversion.

Unfortunately, pawn shop owner can't give them back to you even if you prove they are yours. They can only sell them back to you. You need to get reimbursement from the thieves, which if the pawn shop followed law, should have a copy of the thief's driver's license on file.

You can see how messy this potentially gets so logic dictates how you should handle this...
Old 04-25-12, 10:37 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll talk to my gf who's a 1L in law school right now, she may be able to give me the low down on how this works. This "Eric" guy who's selling the stolen rims could have a nasty lawsuit on his hands.
Old 04-25-12, 11:02 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation FYI for All...

Originally Posted by TheBatman
If that's the case, then proper title did not pass to pawn shop owner. OP needs to prove they are his goods, through serial numbers/unique identifier, and should sue the pawn shop owner for conversion.

Unfortunately, pawn shop owner can't give them back to you even if you prove they are yours. They can only sell them back to you. You need to get reimbursement from the thieves, which if the pawn shop followed law, should have a copy of the thief's driver's license on file.

You can see how messy this potentially gets so logic dictates how you should handle this...
If it becomes easily "proven" that the Pawn Shop is in possession of stolen goods, i would hope the police will confiscate and return to its rightful owner..

It would then be best for the Pawn Shop to cooperate with a Police investigation, if one occurs..

Buying / Selling / Possession / Distribution of stolen goods (that can be proven) is ILLEGAL..
No matter if you are a regular person or a Pawn Shop owner.

"Some states require that the pawn shop give you your item back, unfortunately in most states, the pawn shop will only have to offer the item to you for the same price the item was pawned for. After that you will have to seek restitution for reimbursement through the court system." <--- Thats F'n bs sadly

I bet the Pawn Shop paid no more than $500 and is now selling them for $800 .....

Valued at $7K for new replacement wheels & tires...

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 04-25-12 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-25-12, 11:49 AM
TheBatman
Driver

Originally Posted by Joe Z
If it becomes easily "proven" that the Pawn Shop is in possession of stolen goods, i would hope the police will confiscate and return to its rightful owner..

It would then be best for the Pawn Shop to cooperate with a Police investigation, if one occurs..

Buying / Selling / Possession / Distribution of stolen goods (that can be proven) is ILLEGAL..
No matter if you are a regular person or a Pawn Shop owner.

"Some states require that the pawn shop give you your item back, unfortunately in most states, the pawn shop will only have to offer the item to you for the same price the item was pawned for. After that you will have to seek restitution for reimbursement through the court system." <--- Thats F'n bs sadly

I bet the Pawn Shop paid no more than $500 and is now selling them for $800 .....

Valued at $7K for new replacement wheels & tires...

~ Joe Z
Its very difficult to get them back, not impossible. The pawn owner doesn't have title but he has possession and he paid for them. If they are proven stolen, ie. the identifiers match up with the OP's, he (pawn shop owner) needs to contact the police and give the police the information he has on the individual who pawned them. The police then investigate and pursue a criminal charge against that person.

But the pawn shop owner isn't required to just hand over the goods, remember he paid for them. He doesn't have title, but he's still a bona fide purchaser. He can sell them back to the OP and the OP needs to sue and get reimbursement from the thief. Or in the alternative, the OP sues the pawn shop owner for conversion and collects from the pawn shop owner. The pawn shop owner would then sue the thief to get his money back.

I agree its unfair to the OP and it sucks that the OP would have to go through all that when he did nothing wrong. But given the OP has insurance coverage, logic dictates how the OP should proceed at this point.........
Old 04-25-12, 12:16 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Any updates? this is exciting
Old 04-25-12, 12:28 PM
FastPaced
Rookie

Those definitely look like they could be your wheels bro. Who would sell 4 brand new OEM F wheels for $800? If that's not sketchy, I don't know what is.

As others have said, do act promptly. I'm sure someone out there knows the value of these wheels and probably has scooped them up if they haven't been sold already.

I hate people who don't know the value of what it means to earn a dollar and just take things because they can't put in the leg work themselves to buy what they want.
Old 04-25-12, 12:29 PM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Holy crap this story became irresistible!! Go get 'em!!!
Old 04-25-12, 12:44 PM
DHRP
Lead Lap

I'm an hour and a half away from Allentown. If they aren't the OP's I should pick these up!
Old 04-25-12, 12:46 PM
cyster2007
Rookie

Call the police already(I already report police on Sunday),and he called back I have to has some way to prove the wheels is mine and I just call the Lexus, they will call me back within 5mins to see how it work,any updated will post up soon, thanks for everyone helping

Quick Reply: My 2012 IS-F Wheels has been Stolen