Potential new ISF owner wanting to say "Hi"

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-11, 09:30 AM
imports4me
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Potential new ISF owner wanting to say "Hi"

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say hi to all fellow ISF owners. Also just wanted to introduce myself and looking forfard to owning a ISF once i find the right one.

My name is Mike and i currently live in Milwaukee. after months of dreaming a IS of some sort, roughly 2 years ago i purchased a brand new IS250 AWD starfire pearl and black leather. soon after buying it i had such a buyers remorse.....that car is sooooo slow, looks nice but lacks so much speed. i ended up doing all that i wanted to it and still i wasn't please with it, other then it was a really nice sedan with a lexus logo.....took me awhile to work up the power to let go of something i put so much money and pride into but i did...i actually got max value out of it after owning it for 3 years. it was a 2010 and if i can remember i got it from a dealer at 34k and ended up selling for 32k.....i even got 10k back from the bank after paying off the loan....

anyways.....so i been debating on the ISF or NSX or GTR....
i think i narrowed it down to the ISF because of our addition to the family....if i get the NSX it would be very selfish of me for the next what ever years until my son can sit in the front and enjoy it with me....the GTR would be really nice but parts and mods will push me to my limits and we all know, its very hard not to mod anything stock...plus one of my family members have a gtr already that i can pretty much drive anytime....

well...i'll be sure to make a thread when i do find a starfire pearl ISF with low miles and black leather interior....i know its out there but im really not rushing due to the winter that is coming here. i do plan to start getting parts for it so that when it does come on i can start with it.....

Here are some pics of my Lexus and my cousins collection....
Please do think im trying to show off....i just like to see rare and nicely done builds that you dont get to see often as im sure others are as well...

well hope find my ISF soon, i know its out there.....

Mike

Last edited by imports4me; 11-11-11 at 09:59 AM. Reason: adding pics
Old 11-11-11, 09:41 AM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

O m g to the supra

drool
Old 11-11-11, 09:44 AM
imports4me
Pole Position

yeah that thing was a beast...it was pushing 1300hp
Old 11-11-11, 09:45 AM
imports4me
Pole Position

wait a min....what about my IS250.......lol
Old 11-11-11, 11:03 AM
imports4me
Pole Position

hey guys,
so im searching everywhere for a white ISF with low miles and at the right price range...can you help me narrow down the choices....so between the 08-11 in those years where there any major perks that would be a better choice.....i reas some where that there was a susp change in the 09 from 08 but i can't find that thread....

ideally a 2011 would be nice but there are some 09-10 thats is in the same range miles wise for alot less....

which is a better year?
Old 11-11-11, 11:18 AM
andysvette
Driver

Hey, welcome to the club...

I know it's not white but I have a smokey granit mica that I would consider selling. It's 08 36k on the odo. PM me for details. Plus I'm located only 2hrs away.
Old 11-11-11, 11:43 AM
imports4me
Pole Position

Originally Posted by andysvette
Hey, welcome to the club...

I know it's not white but I have a smokey granit mica that I would consider selling. It's 08 36k on the odo. PM me for details. Plus I'm located only 2hrs away.

i like all the colors but my main color im looking for is the starfire. i wont get anything else....

Im sure someone out there feels the same way aswell for smokey granit..
Old 11-11-11, 12:01 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

I waited/looked for 6 months to find MY 2010 Starfire ....and I freaken LOVE IT!!

Loven the GTR and that NSX!!
Old 11-11-11, 12:20 PM
imports4me
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DCoolBeans
I waited/looked for 6 months to find MY 2010 Starfire ....and I freaken LOVE IT!!

Loven the GTR and that NSX!!
HI, did you get the interior color you wanted? not sure about the ISF but the IS250, 7 out of 10 cars in starfire was beige interior....
Old 11-11-11, 01:15 PM
IsFast3r
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh man that supra and that GTR are ridiculous! loving those GTR plates too!
Old 11-11-11, 01:20 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

I wanted the blk interior at first then fell in love with the red/blk after seeing it in person. Yea its kinda awesome
Old 11-11-11, 01:26 PM
imports4me
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DCoolBeans
I wanted the blk interior at first then fell in love with the red/blk after seeing it in person. Yea its kinda awesome
i saw something like that on autotrader, but it looked more orange then red...could just be the camera....

if you dont mind, can you post some pics....i just want to see, what is red and what is black..
Old 11-11-11, 01:27 PM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 50 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey man welcome! I am in the Milwaukee area too. Is that Tri's Supra and NSX? I just picked up my 09 ISF this fall, loving it. I actually have both a 91 NSX and now the ISF. I will say they are very apples to oranges in comparison, the ISF will trump the NSX in most performance categories, but the NSX has a driving feel to it that would be very difficult to emulate. Just like you I was looking for SFP with the black interior, luckily found one at Lexus North Shore. I absolutely love the ISF, it's the perfect daily driver for me at the time. Just a blast to drive. Good luck with your search, maybe see you at some car shows once we thaw out next spring.
Old 11-11-11, 01:47 PM
imports4me
Pole Position

Originally Posted by F1nALMSfan
Hey man welcome! I am in the Milwaukee area too. Is that Tri's Supra and NSX? I just picked up my 09 ISF this fall, loving it. I actually have both a 91 NSX and now the ISF. I will say they are very apples to oranges in comparison, the ISF will trump the NSX in most performance categories, but the NSX has a driving feel to it that would be very difficult to emulate. Just like you I was looking for SFP with the black interior, luckily found one at Lexus North Shore. I absolutely love the ISF, it's the perfect daily driver for me at the time. Just a blast to drive. Good luck with your search, maybe see you at some car shows once we thaw out next spring.
yeah, that is my cousin tri's cars....he is pushing me to get the NSX, but i always liked the IS's...

im thinking of pissing him off and get a ISF....we'll see....i was looking at a sfp isf at northshore but didn't end up getting it....maybe that was the one you got....

but yeah, be nice to see more ISF's around here come spring
Old 11-11-11, 01:59 PM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 50 Likes on 17 Posts

Yea that is probably mine. How long did he have his ISF? His NSX sounds amazing, and the Supra, well its in a league of it's own. Again good luck with the search, hope you find what you're looking for.

Quick Reply: Potential new ISF owner wanting to say "Hi"