IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Something Annoying About Owning the IS F

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-11, 03:24 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

just call the cops on him . you can also record everything as proof of.
Old 08-22-11, 03:33 PM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wish I can own an F but I only got an IS350. Surprising, even with my blacked-out look and yellow calipers to get that racer look, no one ever raced me before. I hate BMW and Porsche drivers though, they are usually the most aggressive drivers I've seen. Also, lot's of younger people with S2K's are like that too.
Old 08-22-11, 05:57 PM
BuffGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happens all the time to me. Usually BMWs. Yesterday it was a Jag and today was a stock RX8. Just went the speed limit and let them look like morons at lights, especially when I pull up to them at the next light.
Old 08-22-11, 08:07 PM
dano9258
Driver

Originally Posted by CrazyTrain
It's surprising how many IS300s and Corolla Ss try to race me. I never give them the time of day.
Corolla S? Really?
Old 08-22-11, 08:11 PM
dano9258
Driver

Originally Posted by IsFast3r
This happens pretty often to me too... 350z's, g37's, 335's, a4's and most recently a RX8 that all think riding my *** will incite me, then after a few minutes of that I give and show them the business... M3's, RS4's, c63's and higher are the only ones really worth my fuel tho. Last week on the highway a cop paces next to me while I'm doing the speed limit and actually rolled down the window and waved me on, telling me to speed up and show him whats up... I obliged and took off doing bout 120mph in front of him... made my month!
And you will be receiving your ticket in the mail in about 2 weeks.
Old 08-23-11, 08:19 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chow70
It's funny. I always get the motivated homers ..... let's see. I had a 1989 LeBaron, that was a classic. I also had a 94 Ford Explorer [ he had a 7 sec head start ], and the bmwconservativehomo 335 try to race me on the ramp onto the expressway. It never surprises me of the fools who think they have an upper edge ... the 89 LeBaron with the wood trim, I'll never forget that one.
classic lol

i had a guy YESTERDAY sitting next to me at the light in what looked like a riced out Dodge Neon....stickers all over it, a huge Tach......and the best part of all, the home made ground-effects. No joke, it had like some sort of metal "channel" screwed to the bottom and what looked like rubber molding hanging from it with even more sheet metal screws. He had the front "lip", rear, and side skirts. I should have taken a picture but no matter how bad someones car is, i usually dont make fun of them, so i thought nothing of it. This guy punches it when the light turns green. I didnt even try to race him, i just took off like normal with maybe a "little" extra peddle and easily past him up. It wasnt a "race" but i didnt want him punking me either lmao Our F's have so much acceleration, you dont even have to try, its just too easy . Also i run an ISS Forged Track Exhaust so it may sound like im being aggressive, even when im not. So anyway, a few minutes later on a long stretch of road, this guy gets up behind me and i can see him making gestures towards me, but he is such a nerd, im just gonna let it go. He rolls past me at a stop sign and yells "Your cars a piece of 5h!t!!!" and peels away. Keep in mind, this guy looks like he is 50 and could possibly be living with his dead mother collecting her Social Security checks....i couldnt believe it.

Anyway i just wanted to share that, as i am still in shock hahha.....
Old 08-23-11, 10:18 AM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I cant say that i ever had somebody try to race me

I have more people staring at the F and breaking their necks
Old 08-23-11, 10:55 AM
pc1990
Pole Position

Man I never get that...although people do get behind to take a look and then take off. I wish I could get somebody wanting to race though...in the right conditions though mind you. Dont race and endanger yourself or others if theres too much traffic. If its wide open give it a go...<end rant>
Old 08-23-11, 11:28 AM
kickhard
Pole Position

I always get some fool pacing me or trying to race me. I hate the ones that stay in your blind spot and keep their car in a lower gear hoping you will punch it. I have almost gotten into a fight once because I didnt acknowledge this guy in his moms C klass. This guy call me a azzhole because I didnt race him and also said I was stuck up!!! Can you believe that?

Best thing to do is ignore jerk offs like that. I get at least 3-4 challenges in my 40mile round trip ride to and from work when I am driving the GTR. If you feel threatened pull over and if the A-hole still does this call 911.
Old 08-24-11, 01:06 PM
lvbengal
Driver School Candidate

Default racing

i thought i was the only one that had this crap happen to....just about every other day somebody wants a piece of me and my isf....i am a ticket magnet so i tend to back off....