darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
I found some dealerships online selling them for approx $265-$275

Here is the Driver Side Part#: 52107-53012
Here is the Passenger Side Part#: 52106-53012

^ WoW... thats crazy !!

I guess those 4 tack welds that hold the oval tip, aren't that strong..

Plus in think in your case, the elements can take a toll on speeding up the break down process of the metal
(Salt on roads, etc)

I remember seeing the underbody of your car..
I'm curious to see how bad the metal around the inside of the tips looks like..

Good thing this is covered under warranty.. !!

Also for those who don't know, the part numbers are for the entire Tip / Diffuser.
One for the Left side & One for the Right Side

The 4 Oval Stainless Tips are not sold individually..

We will communicate further on PM to discuss the broken/missing CF Tip issue and the replacement for it..

Regards,

Joe Z
Send you a PM
Old 07-12-11, 10:46 PM
DirtyDw
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sucks

i had the same thing happen, just the left oval tip on the drivers side. cost me $440 to replace the single oval tip. The Lexus dealer in Carlsbad, CA wanted $770 to replace it and install it. no warranty. there goes the hooker from Craigslist and the blow i was gonna get instead.
Old 07-13-11, 05:15 AM
darbs242
Racer

I ended up throwing a fit to get it under warranty. The advisor came out and tried to tell me it was gonna cost about $700 and I looked at him and said, " Stop, this is a 08 ISF with 25000 miles on it, under full warranty, why are you even talking to me about cost."
He says, " well we cant be sure why the welds broke off and were worried were going to get denied a warranty claim."
I say," Well you can be sure that if you dont get your servicer manager out here, a rep on the phone and get that covered im going to call corp customer service and use your name about 30 times when i tell them how awful I was treated at this dealership and you best believe when i get a survey im going to give you 1's all the way down. And in a tiny store like this on I bet that would crush an entire month of Customer satisfaction scores... just letting you know what you can be sure about."
He goes into the shop talks with the Forman comes out in 3-4 minutes and says we will get you out of here as soon as we can sir. Please help yourself to anything in the customer lounge.
the word VICTORY! comes to mind
Old 07-13-11, 06:51 AM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by darbs242
i ended up throwing a fit to get it under warranty. The advisor came out and tried to tell me it was gonna cost about $700 and i looked at him and said, " stop, this is a 08 isf with 25000 miles on it, under full warranty, why are you even talking to me about cost."
he says, " well we cant be sure why the welds broke off and were worried were going to get denied a warranty claim."
i say," well you can be sure that if you dont get your servicer manager out here, a rep on the phone and get that covered im going to call corp customer service and use your name about 30 times when i tell them how awful i was treated at this dealership and you best believe when i get a survey im going to give you 1's all the way down. And in a tiny store like this on i bet that would crush an entire month of customer satisfaction scores... Just letting you know what you can be sure about."
he goes into the shop talks with the forman comes out in 3-4 minutes and says we will get you out of here as soon as we can sir. Please help yourself to anything in the customer lounge.
The word victory! Comes to mind
nicely done!
Old 07-13-11, 08:24 AM
Steve727
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by darbs242
I ended up throwing a fit to get it under warranty. The advisor came out and tried to tell me it was gonna cost about $700 and I looked at him and said, " Stop, this is a 08 ISF with 25000 miles on it, under full warranty, why are you even talking to me about cost."
He says, " well we cant be sure why the welds broke off and were worried were going to get denied a warranty claim."
I say," Well you can be sure that if you dont get your servicer manager out here, a rep on the phone and get that covered im going to call corp customer service and use your name about 30 times when i tell them how awful I was treated at this dealership and you best believe when i get a survey im going to give you 1's all the way down. And in a tiny store like this on I bet that would crush an entire month of Customer satisfaction scores... just letting you know what you can be sure about."
He goes into the shop talks with the Forman comes out in 3-4 minutes and says we will get you out of here as soon as we can sir. Please help yourself to anything in the customer lounge.
the word VICTORY! comes to mind
^^ NICE!! Now I know exactly what to do when they bs me about warrenty parts!!
Old 07-13-11, 08:40 AM
slowIST
Driver

My driver side upper tip came off after I was hit and run a few weeks back. I picked up the cleanly broken off exhaust tip from the floor and brought it to my friend with a welder. He tack welded it back on.
I have a strong feeling the bottom tip will fall off too. Hopefully not while I'm driving. Sadness ensues.
Old 07-13-11, 08:40 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd have a hard time talking to someone like that....but damn I think a 700 dolla bill would just push me into doing that
Old 07-13-11, 12:28 PM
darbs242
Racer

Originally Posted by DCoolBeans
I'd have a hard time talking to someone like that....but damn I think a 700 dolla bill would just push me into doing that
If they weren't trying to pull some BS and not cover a factory part in a factory bumper in full warranty I would never treat someone like that... but you try to F me and Im going to do it right back. There is no reason why that shouldn't have been covered. If my trans blew after installing nitrous I would write the check no questions asked.
Old 09-23-11, 11:32 AM
mikelexF
Rookie

hey guys i'm new to the forum but have been following the forum for about 6 months. i've had the privilege of learning a lot about my car and lexus as a brand. thank you

i had a question concerning this thread.. it is kinda has relevance so i hope that someone can answer it.

my passenger side exhaust tip seems to not align properly with the black "grill." it seems the silver tips are pulled away from the grill. with that now the welds are exposed. and allowing more exposure for corrosion.

Do you think this might be related to whats happening to some of the guys that has had tips falling off or is it just poor install?

i have had Joe z exhaust installed could it be a exhaust heat related issue?

any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance
Old 09-23-11, 11:46 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,059 Likes on 586 Posts

^^ Try to take some clear pics, so we can better help you out...

~ Joe Z
Old 09-23-11, 01:11 PM
mikelexF
Rookie

i hope this helps.. couldnt get a proper angle. this is the passenger side... if u look close u can kinda see what look to be rust. i dont know if thats from another source or what...
Attached Thumbnails Exhaust tip gone-pic11.jpg  
Old 09-23-11, 01:44 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,059 Likes on 586 Posts

^^ If the tip is not loose, this that looks normal...

The black mesh is not attached to the OUTER portion of the tips.. It sorta "floats" there..

~ Joe Z
Old 09-23-11, 01:58 PM
mikelexF
Rookie

awesome!! Thats reassuring. thanks Joe!! Btw Joe i sent u a pm on the lexusfforum. if you get a chance please take a look.
Old 09-23-11, 02:21 PM
mikelexF
Rookie

nevermind Joe I think i just found the answer on this forum.

Thanks again.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ust-sound.html