IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

KW V3 Coilovers on my 2011 ISF - SITTIN' RIGHT!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-11, 09:04 AM
Todapwr
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! cant go wrong with KW's
Old 04-30-11, 09:13 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Great choice! The drop looks good. How's the road feedback since installing them (compared to stock, I mean)?
Old 04-30-11, 09:34 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

the feedback = teh incredible!

i LOVE THESE!!

i ran into a problem though and of course CL forums had me up and running in 10 minutes. There is a ground height sensor (or whatever its called) in the rear and after the drop i think the settings for the headlights got all out of whack. I was all good, feelin great about the new drop, until night time came and my Auto-Leveling lights started trying to auto-level while driving down the road....up, down up down..how embarrassing. Even had the old red exclamation mark on the dash. I got home all tired and wore out from a long day and i got right on the forums to find out why. I got my answer within MINUTES of posting and although my info was for a older IS300 or something, it was EXACTLY the same for my car! I couldnt sleep knowing my '11 had a dash light blinking and malfunctioning lights, so i went back to my shop at 10pm and yanked off the wheel to take a look. I "flipped" over the little arm that is hooked up to the sensor, like what was described in the thread, and BAM, it was BRANNNEEWWW again!! Everything is perfect.

Thanks to this forum, i got some great sleep last night with, mission accomplished and no more drama!

thanks guys! Now i need to go wash it and smash out, its a NICEEE sunny California day!

P.S. anyone wanna see an install video of how it all happened? It will be on youtube in about an hour.
Old 04-30-11, 11:19 AM
pc1990
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup you need spacers for sure. The drop looks good and will look great with spacers! On a side note, I am not feelin' the rims (makes your car look cheap).
Old 04-30-11, 12:26 PM
DHRP
Lead Lap

Looks good with the drop Steve. I guess the exhaust is coming up next. Which one did you decide on?
Old 04-30-11, 01:06 PM
meade916
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pc1990
Yup you need spacers for sure. The drop looks good and will look great with spacers! On a side note, I am not feelin' the rims (makes your car look cheap).
i HIGHLY disagree. Lets see your rims. I want to see what a "non" cheap set looks like.

To be honest, i cant make everyone happy. If i chose the lame *** wheels that you would have chosen, im sure plenty of people would say the same exact thing. Its just the way it is. I even had someone tell me that rivets on an $8,000 set of 26's looked cheap.....i mean c'mon people this is 3 piece and 3 piece wheels have rivets. What im trying to say is, even if something is off the chain, the tightest $h!t you can get, there will always be someone with a big mouth on the net trying to talk them down.
Old 04-30-11, 01:12 PM
meade916
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DHRP
Looks good with the drop Steve. I guess the exhaust is coming up next. Which one did you decide on?
i think it is! thanks!
Old 04-30-11, 04:09 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

When you show-off your car with pictures, you will always get opinions (good and bad)....so not worth over-reacting to, be thick-skinned. I am shopping for some V3s as well. Good choice.
Old 04-30-11, 04:23 PM
pc1990
Pole Position

Originally Posted by meade916
i HIGHLY disagree. Lets see your rims. I want to see what a "non" cheap set looks like.

To be honest, i cant make everyone happy. If i chose the lame *** wheels that you would have chosen, im sure plenty of people would say the same exact thing. Its just the way it is. I even had someone tell me that rivets on an $8,000 set of 26's looked cheap.....i mean c'mon people this is 3 piece and 3 piece wheels have rivets. What im trying to say is, even if something is off the chain, the tightest $h!t you can get, there will always be someone with a big mouth on the net trying to talk them down.
Hahahaha didnt mean to **** u off brotha'....Want to see my rims? Im completley stock if that makes u feel better. You posted on a forum and I told you I liked your drop but not your rims. I dont know wth crawled up your a$$ but you need to chill out.
Old 04-30-11, 04:43 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Looks awesome. Thanks for taking the time to post all these detailed pics. How's the car handle over the stock suspension?
Old 04-30-11, 04:50 PM
Cali2is
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Nice... Did you leave them at the factory settings??
Old 04-30-11, 05:20 PM
meade916
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pc1990
Hahahaha didnt mean to **** u off brotha'....Want to see my rims? Im completley stock if that makes u feel better. You posted on a forum and I told you I liked your drop but not your rims. I dont know wth crawled up your a$$ but you need to chill out.
i dont need to do anything......and completely stock? now to me THAT looks cheap.
Old 04-30-11, 05:24 PM
meade916
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PurduePete
When you show-off your car with pictures, you will always get opinions (good and bad)....so not worth over-reacting to, be thick-skinned. I am shopping for some V3s as well. Good choice.
you are right, i forgot that there isnt a such a thing as a d*ckhead free forum. Its funny, because on this very forum, probably 50% of the lexus's i have seen are ugly or i dont like the wheels or something else about it. I dont really find myself going out of my way to tell someone their car looks ugly or cheap. I just move on. Thats just me though i guess.
Old 04-30-11, 05:26 PM
meade916
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TLcoats
Looks awesome. Thanks for taking the time to post all these detailed pics. How's the car handle over the stock suspension?
no prob! it handles very nicely....
Old 04-30-11, 05:27 PM
meade916
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Cali2is
Nice... Did you leave them at the factory settings??
nope. Sure didnt.

Quick Reply: KW V3 Coilovers on my 2011 ISF - SITTIN' RIGHT!!