USB_F
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

08 w/ 37,300
Old 12-08-13, 05:09 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Ok, men currently I have seen 163K as the highest mileage posted on the ISF. The reason I am even asking is I have a good friend that graduated, and besides the years of fun, reliability, etc with the car he is having a hard time choosing between a few cars. NOTE** He keeps his cars for 8+ years, and buys high mileage cars generally because meet his price point. Thus, he is looking at a 90K used F, and am just gathering data to help him make a decision.
Old 12-08-13, 06:20 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

The bottom line is that cars don't magically blow up at a certain reading on the odometer. If you are diligent with your maintenance, the Lexus ISF will serve you well for a long, long time. I can see people getting 200k plus out of this car if they're smart about it.
Old 12-08-13, 06:40 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

guy at work has 130k miles on his 08 ISF, says hes never had a problem with it and hes even tracked it a few times
Old 12-08-13, 07:19 AM
Raybean
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

09 with 42,xxx
Old 12-08-13, 08:34 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

I just realized I have 92k on mine today (bought new tires and looked at the odometer). Mine's been tracked and daily driven for 5 years now. The water pump has been my only warranty issue. I've bought tires, brake pads and rotors (a few sets for sure), and changed the oil as documented in the Blackstone thread. Car still runs and handles as new.

No, not selling either.
Old 12-09-13, 03:52 AM
vbb

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I just realized I have 92k on mine today (bought new tires and looked at the odometer). Mine's been tracked and daily driven for 5 years now. The water pump has been my only warranty issue. I've bought tires, brake pads and rotors (a few sets for sure), and changed the oil as documented in the Blackstone thread. Car still runs and handles as new.

No, not selling either.
Lobuxracer, what do you do for detailing/paint care? This car inspires nothing but confidence from the maintenance and mechanical side, but I do worry about keeping the paint job looking great. I garage it at home, but daily drive it and it is in the open at my office parking lot. I know there's a detailing subforum on this site, but I'm wondering what you do personally?
Old 12-09-13, 08:19 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Lobuxracer, I am right there with you, but haven't tracked. Knock on wood car still runs beautifully.

vbb, I have wet sanded up to 4000 grit, seal yearly, wax monthly, and use quick detail wax in between waxes to make sure paint is protected.
Car still looks better than new, well front bumper ate by debris but thats normal
Attached Thumbnails Highest Mileage on the ISF?-img_9397.jpg   Highest Mileage on the ISF?-img_0230.jpg  
Old 12-09-13, 10:32 AM
vbb

Your paint is looking fantastic, stealthFF. I guess there's no real trick to it other than to continue to keep up with your detailing. Having a black car is a special project (though I went out of my way to find a black one, so I knew what I was getting in to) and despite my better efforts, it's hard to keep the swirls out of it entirely. I do the two bucket method when I wash, use a clean microfiber mitt to wash and then use microfiber towels to dry, and hit the most critical surfaces with "booster" wax in between the full wax jobs.

You not only want the car to perform well throughout it's "life" with you, but you want it to look good too.
Old 12-09-13, 09:01 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
Lobuxracer, what do you do for detailing/paint care? This car inspires nothing but confidence from the maintenance and mechanical side, but I do worry about keeping the paint job looking great. I garage it at home, but daily drive it and it is in the open at my office parking lot. I know there's a detailing subforum on this site, but I'm wondering what you do personally?
My car needs a front respray and a new bumper cover. Track duty has been brutal to it. I hate black. The wife picked the color and I have cursed her for it every time I look at the nose of the car.
Old 04-27-14, 02:03 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

94,900 K now lol....anyone almost to 150-200K?
Old 04-27-14, 06:27 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthFF
Lobuxracer, I am right there with you, but haven't tracked. Knock on wood car still runs beautifully.

vbb, I have wet sanded up to 4000 grit, seal yearly, wax monthly, and use quick detail wax in between waxes to make sure paint is protected.
Car still looks better than new, well front bumper ate by debris but thats normal
Stealth,
Your paint looks great, Can you explain your wetsanding process? How often? Are you just spot wetsanding scratches and imperfections or entire panels?
Old 04-28-14, 01:27 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Its not quite that simple. To wet sand you have to take in consideration the thickness of the clear coat using a, Paint Thickness Gauge", and then formulate how much to sand off. I use 3M trizact 3000 and 5000, then buff using menzerna intensive polish with orange pad, then FG 400 with yellow pad, then polish with SG4000 and SG 4500 with white and blue pad. There is alot of time and working to get every surface perfect to the point there is only 30% give or take orange peel left to have a Superior finish. I would recommend sites such as detailed image in which you can research beginners methods and or ask me any direct questions. I have never looked but I believe there is a detailing section within club Lexus as well.

for teasers here is a pic of when I wet sanded a brand new sls amg with renntech package. Also added an image after polish and double-waxed with Dodo juice orange wax, after a coat of wolfang concours.
Attached Thumbnails Highest Mileage on the ISF?-img_0174.jpg   Highest Mileage on the ISF?-img_0020.jpg  
Old 04-28-14, 05:17 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Thanks for the info stealth, the gloss on your car is amazing. I'm pretty experienced in polishing but have never taken the leap to wet sanding. I guess I will need to invest in a paint thickness gauge one of these days. Polishing is very time consuming I can't imagine how long wet sanding process takes.
Old 04-28-14, 12:29 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Thanks for the info stealth, the gloss on your car is amazing. I'm pretty experienced in polishing but have never taken the leap to wet sanding. I guess I will need to invest in a paint thickness gauge one of these days. Polishing is very time consuming I can't imagine how long wet sanding process takes.
never wet sanded either although I am a detail freak. Seems like the next level because I get frustrated that I polish and polish and yet the car still has that slight orange peel

Quick Reply: Highest Mileage on the ISF?